Which Internet Connection is everyone using ?

Xeno

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone! Posting here after a long time. Need a suggestion-

I have been using MTNL for the past couple of years, and it's time for a change now. Opted for excitel. The guy asked me to get a wifi modem on my own. Any suggestions for the same?

I live in a 2 floor house, and it would be great if the modem covers both the floors extensively. Please suggest :)

PS- I do not want to shell out a bomb on a router

Get any router, and then a netgear repeater for the non gaming floor.

Should be the best seller on Amazon for around 2k, can't recall the model.

http://www.amazon.in/D-Link-DIR-816-Wireless-AC750-Router/dp/B00PVDF83A/ref=zg_bs_1375439031_7

Got this one today. Good enough? :notangel:

Hello everyone! Posting here after a long time. Need a suggestion-

I have been using MTNL for the past couple of years, and it's time for a change now. Opted for excitel. The guy asked me to get a wifi modem on my own. Any suggestions for the same?

I live in a 2 floor house, and it would be great if the modem covers both the floors extensively. Please suggest :)

PS- I do not want to shell out a bomb on a router

lol watsup chaman bhaiya

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

i am using ion broadband in kharghar. I cant access PSN on PC and on Vita it always says access denied. Tried resetting router, did not work .

do you get error code "WS-37397-9 " ?

that means you've been IP Banned.

i am in kharghar and using same ISP,PSN seems to be working for me.

Edited by PhantomShade

do you get error code "WS-37397-9 " ?

that means you've been IP Banned.

i am in kharghar and using same ISP,PSN seems to be working for me.

I get NW-2304-9 on my vita and pc shows as access denied. WHat needs to be done ?

I get NW-2304-9 on my vita and pc shows as access denied. WHat needs to be done ?

sorry idk then.

basically if you get the WS 3797-9 error you have to do MAC spoofing on your router so it asks for a new IP from the ISP server when you restart it.This new IP helps you circumvent the "IP Ban"

sorry idk then.

basically if you get the WS 3797-9 error you have to do MAC spoofing on your router so it asks for a new IP from the ISP server when you restart it.This new IP helps you circumvent the "IP Ban"

How to do that?

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

How to do that?

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

ok this will be long so bear with me

every computer on the internet has an IP address,and IP addresses are of 2 types,Dynamic IP(I.E your IP address has a chance of changing everytime you restart your router,this is the default for home broadband users like you and me) and static IP,which means you get an unchanging IP address,this costs more,and is used by companies mostly.

sony i think outsources its security to some third party company which checks incoming IPs for fishy stuff(as in trying the whole hacking kand of 2010 )

sometimes for reasons known to them they ban an IP.thanks do dynamic ip,we can circumvent this by MAC spoofing

MAC address is an alpha numeric code unique to every device, i.e the PS4,Router,network card in your PC etc.The Dynamic IP system allots you new IPs based on MAC addresses,in this case your router

suppose your router pops up with a different MAC,you get assigned a new IP

MAC spoofing means using Device A's MAC on Device B,in this case,you get your router to show up as the network card's MAC to the ISP server(so it thinks its a new device and assigns a new IP)

every router has different ways to do it,because each uses fancy terms to do the same thing,google " *router brand name and model number* MAC spoofing " and googlemata should show up with a few guides

in my specific case,(mine is the Digisol router that Ion gives to every router-less new customer) you have to

1. go to http://192.168.2.1

2.enter username : admin and password 1234 (default password and username)

3.click "setup" tab in the resulting tab

4.click "Internet setup" button in the left most pane

5.go to the MAC Clone section

6.Select "MAC From PC" checkbox

7.click Apply Changes

8.your router should restart,

9.log in to PSN and see if there is some change

again this is the solution for WS 3739-3 error,i don't know if your error is the same thing or different.

• Like 1