Which Internet Connection is everyone using ?

Xeno

195484476.png

This is what we get here in NZ :wub: though its advertised as 7MBps, we rarely even reach that speed.

So im comming down to mumbai these holidays, and I need some info about the broadband connections over there in mumbai.

1) will i need to get a mtnl phone?

2) do i have to rent a modem? i already have a wireless router which ill be bringing along.

3) Do they give connections for 2 months or do I have to pay for a year? Is there a cancellation fee.

4) How long does it take to setup the connection. Takes 12 hours over here.

5) Do I still have to bribe anyone?

195484476.png

This is what we get here in NZ :wub: though its advertised as 7MBps, we rarely even reach that speed.

So im comming down to mumbai these holidays, and I need some info about the broadband connections over there in mumbai.

2) do i have to rent a modem? i already have a wireless router which ill be bringing along.

3) Do they give connections for 2 months or do I have to pay for a year? Is there a cancellation fee.

1. If you are taking a MTNL line, then yes.

2. This differs from plan to plan but you usually have to.

3. Yea, you can get connections for 1-2 months though you might have to pay installation charges

4. Between 2 days to 2 weeks depending where you live

5. Nope

195484476.png

You have several options for broadband connectivity in Mumbai. You can start your research here

http://www.indiabroadband.net/

and

http://broadbandforum.in/

These sites will give you info, customer reviews, pros and cons, etc.

195506081.png

Though the speeds don't seem too bad, I am concerned about the ping times. I have not seen anyone with sub 100 ms ping times for anyone (even junta with insane download/upload speeds) on the forum. What's up with that?

which plan do u have

195506081.png

Though the speeds don't seem too bad, I am concerned about the ping times. I have not seen anyone with sub 100 ms ping times for anyone (even junta with insane download/upload speeds) on the forum. What's up with that?

which plan do u have

Supposedly a "upto 2 MBps" Airtel Broadband connection. But why have you used a server in Pakistan to check your speed, won't mumbai be closer?

195520305.png

Its pretty slow but i dont get any lag while playing with Indians.

Your ping times are pretty good, and considering your download speed the upload speed is pretty good too.

Edit: No wonder you do not have any problems on LIVE

Edited by DeeMan