Which Internet Connection is everyone using ?

Xeno

19 minutes ago, ZooZoo said:

How :O

They gave this offer to long time users.

I got it and used for a couple months before switching to ACT.

Just download on Airtel app and if you are eligible, then you will see a banner for it.

You can check it out in data pack option too, costs 299. Works out well if you are able to get 200Mbps speed on 999 plan and put that unlimited pack on top.

Edited by kunjanp

Any other ACT users here? Can you check if your detailed usage in the ACT app or website looks okay to you? I think ACT is billing way too much data out my FUP. 

The preview on the app is fine but the detailed usage shows almost 5x data usage. Even on their website, for the same session they have deducted data way too many times. 

Here is the screenshot: https://ibb.co/HzvTk8d

Can anyone please confirm?

3 hours ago, kunjanp said:

Any other ACT users here? Can you check if your detailed usage in the ACT app or website looks okay to you? I think ACT is billing way too much data out my FUP. 

The preview on the app is fine but the detailed usage shows almost 5x data usage. Even on their website, for the same session they have deducted data way too many times. 

Here is the screenshot: https://ibb.co/HzvTk8d

Can anyone please confirm?

That looks like glitch to me. Raise it to their CC.

3 hours ago, quixote_1989 said:

That looks like glitch to me. Raise it to their CC.

I did. Was told that it might be a bug and acc. to their system I have only used 10gb instead of the 40 it is showing now. Though, he didn't seem sure. Gonna keep a look at it for a few days.

40 minutes ago, funnyadit said:

Guys, in Railwire Fibernet it shows NAT type as strict in all games I play online.. What can be done to make it open?

Contact your Railwire partner and explain that you reqruire a NAT2 connection instead of the NAT3 you're getting right now.. I had the same issue when I first took Railwire. What they will do is assign a static IP from a separate range they have for cases like this, to your account that will ensure a NAT2. IIRC they will have to coordinate with the area NOC to get that enabled.

Edited by Walker
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm from Pune. Need advice on the best internet connection in Pune for online gaming. I'm using Youtelecom since last 12-14 years. I have it at several locations. But have started facing issues at my home location. Thinking of Airtel. Please advice.

Do suggest the best plan as well.

Cheers.

• 1 month later...

Should i recharge the 3 month Rs.599/- Vodafone plan ? This article has me worried, they are even offering 1.5GB + 1.5GB = 3GB as a advertised offer, the state of vodafone & their customer care has always been a worrying factor for me in investing long term, but some of my friends who use it for AR games say it connects in areas where Jio and airtel are total crap.

https://www.scmp.com/week-asia/economics/article/3052959/vodafone-idea-brink-india-threatening-telecoms-sector-and

Need urgent help deciding guys.

• 4 months later...

For the past few weeks both my connections have been playing musical chairs and it's a pain to keep switching wifi. Thinking of getting a load balancing router and need to know if I should as these frequent switching is messing with work. If it matter both are fiber connections. Any inputs would be welcome as well as any advice you can share.

Thanks in advance ?

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone here Airtel Xstream fiber connection, just saw an ad outside my building. Current using internet provided by the local cablewalla

Edited by Snake

15 minutes ago, adity said:

I'd like to know this too. I'll get double speed on airtel with same fee but don't wanna have issues like nat issues and throttling and all that. 

and no blocking websites BS

35 minutes ago, Snake said:

Anyone here Airtel Xstream fiber connection, just saw an ad outside my building. Current using internet provided by the local cablewalla

I dont have fiber, but been a long (read: 10 years+) user of Airtel BB. Very solid, whatever issues you have get corrected quickly, promised speeds (sometimes a bit higher) given. 

9 minutes ago, Snake said:

and no blocking websites BS

That's inevitable. Only the local ISPs will not comply with them. Most big national ISPs will follow such court orders. 

13 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

I dont have fiber, but been a long (read: 10 years+) user of Airtel BB. Very solid, whatever issues you have get corrected quickly, promised speeds (sometimes a bit higher) given. 

That's inevitable. Only the local ISPs will not comply with them. Most big national ISPs will follow such court orders. 

8 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

I used to have airtel before I moved. It was expensive but most stable and reliable connection ive had. My ping was lower too by 10-20ms. 

And yes, they block websites. 

leaving jerry seinfeld GIF

My entire society got Airtel Fibre a week back. Its mostly Jio/Airtel fibre in my society now.

These guys are getting good speeds, around 200 Mbps or so, but similar ping or worse ping. 

I'm getting internet from local cable dude, I get around 70 Mbps on 5Ghz network and its sufficient for me so I didn't bother getting fibre.

There isn't any data limit, and it costs me 900 a month. Am I overpaying or something?

21 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

My entire society got Airtel Fibre a week back. Its mostly Jio/Airtel fibre in my society now.

These guys are getting good speeds, around 200 Mbps or so, but similar ping or worse ping. 

I'm getting internet from local cable dude, I get around 70 Mbps on 5Ghz network and its sufficient for me so I didn't bother getting fibre.

There isn't any data limit, and it costs me 900 a month. Am I overpaying or something?

It's relative, like i pay 650 for 60mbps, no cap, i don't think it is beat by any other ISP's plan in my area, maybe it is different in your area, perhaps there is a cheaper cable wala type ISP.

But it's definitely  than Jio, Airtle, BSNL/MTNL or Vodafone/youbroadband :rofl:

You would expect that with this YUGE national scale and big bux these big company ISPs would give you more bang for buck internet, better pings and better CC but nothing of the sort happens :ranting:

cable wala type ISP best ISP :D