Xeno

Which Internet Connection is everyone using ?

38 minutes ago, pinkmonster said:

I'm shifting to Pune soon. Found a house in Pratik Nagar, near Vishrantwadi. What ISP should I go for? Currently spoiled by Spectranet's unlimited 100 mbps plan. Please haaallpppp T__T

You broadband or Airtel are the best options in Pune. 

Seems like jio gigafiber has started to roll out. I received a leaflet recently asking for 4500 Rs security deposit for their router and 3 months complimentary service.

Has anyone installed it? I personally use a unlimited connection so I don't keep track of data usage but 100gb per month on a 100mbps plan seems extremely low. One game download from steam/origin of 40-50 gb and bham half the quota is gone. Not to mention all the YouTube, Netflix streaming.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

24 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

Seems like jio gigafiber has started to roll out. I received a leaflet recently asking for 4500 Rs security deposit for their router and 3 months complimentary service.

Has anyone installed it? I personally use a unlimited connection so I don't keep track of data usage but 100gb per month on a 100mbps plan seems extremely low. One game download from steam/origin of 40-50 gb and bham half the quota is gone. Not to mention all the YouTube, Netflix streaming.

yes 100 GB is BS on a 100mbps plan. On a 20mbps unlimited I cross 250GB a month only for streaming. If I add downloads its easily about 400gb. 

27 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

After 100gb you have to do 40gb top up. Its free and 24 times is the max limit per month. So thats like 1.1Tb per month. Only problem is the hassle to go through top up process every 40gb.

• Like 1

Yes 100 gb is crap. I have a 300 gb Airtel connection and it's still less for all my downloads and Netflix streaming etc. A 4k HDR 2 hour movie takes around 20gb on Netflix so the need of the hour is a truly unlimited connection which I am expecting when Jio officially launches.

Also, as for their current connections I believe after 100gb is consumed they provide 40gb top ups free till data reaches 1TB for the month. So, it's still good enough.

On a side note my rental is 999 for the month. But, in my second bill they have charged 899 only. Any idea why the 100rs discount? Just curious to know.

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 Pro using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Walker said:

yes 100 GB is BS on a 100mbps plan. On a 20mbps unlimited I cross 250GB a month only for streaming. If I add downloads its easily about 400gb. 

Exactly my point, 100GB is absolutely pathetic cap. with the kind of infrastructure jio has it ideally should be unlimited.

1 hour ago, HEMAN said:

After 100gb you have to do 40gb top up. Its free and 24 times is the max limit per month. So thats like 1.1Tb per month. Only problem is the hassle to go through top up process every 40gb.

1 hour ago, harsh1387 said:

Yes 100 gb is crap. I have a 300 gb Airtel connection and it's still less for all my downloads and Netflix streaming etc. A 4k HDR 2 hour movie takes around 20gb on Netflix so the need of the hour is a truly unlimited connection which I am expecting when Jio officially launches.

Also, as for their current connections I believe after 100gb is consumed they provide 40gb top ups free till data reaches 1TB for the month. So, it's still good enough.

On a side note my rental is 999 for the month. But, in my second bill they have charged 899 only. Any idea why the 100rs discount? Just curious to know.

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 Pro using Tapatalk

Even I had hoped for a truly unlimited service from jio especially with the kind of money that they have around and the way they are expecting to capture the market including cable tv. They have already purchased Hathway and DEN who are quite big players in this field.

Also I had no idea about this recharge from their app to gain 40gb more. They had not mentioned this in the leaflet. Its good then 1TB is a good amount but yes to keep doing that from the app is bothersome.

Also I saw that Jio is planning to combine set top box as well for their internet TV services along with the jio fiber.. If that's the case 100GB wont be suffice at all..

I really hope Jio does bring in the unlimited no FUP packs into the market in a way that they make it the base packs for all service providers..

Check this tweet replies

This sums up how JIO will shake things up..

Edited by funnyadit

2 minutes ago, HEMAN said:

1277rs is very good 750gb plus happy browsing makes it unlimited. Ping might be an issue though. 

I'm using bsnl in Goa. The speed is as advertised. Have a 8 mbps plan which is really cheap. They just retain the speed even after the tiny fup. But there are frequent downtimes. I think at least once a week. Decent enough if there is no other option. 

On 10/19/2018 at 10:49 AM, i_rock098 said:

Using for the past 3 months. Get about 95 down and 100 up. 

Stack 40 gb top up from their app. The top up starts automatically (as long as it is stacked) once your plan expires. 

It's fine for a free service IMO. 4500 is refundable deposit. 

The 40 gb add on is basically for Jio to understand the average consumption per household so that they can price their plans accordingly. 

Edited by Bird Bird Bird