The Old Cricket Thread

vinitwins

WC T20  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Vettori had no other choice but to go with Kohli...

kohli was a better choice because he can handle the pressure since he's an international player..

Anywayz its just our 2nd loss..No big deal..We'll surely be in top 4..We have the team that can beat anyone :D:gunsmilie:

Edited by silentassassin

:mellow: I don't think anyone would.

Except a certain mod who seems to have hit his glass ceiling at "ok".

It could have been Gayle or Kohli. Bhatkal had already gone for 35 from 2, so Vettori tried Kohli, who gave away only 8 from his first.

They could have still won it in the last over, but damn the no ball...

Exactamundo.

Saw the great man Anil Kumble turning his arm over this afternoon. He's still got it. Please come to CSK and replace Jakati.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1ZNjBKUghY

Vettori had no other choice but to go with Kohli...

kohli was a better choice because he can handle the pressure since he's an international player..

Anywayz its just our 2nd loss..No big deal..We'll surely be in top 4..We have the team that can beat anyone :D:gunsmilie:

Well he forgot Gayle, he has been tremendous in last season with ball. Other option would have been to bowl him the last over that way pressure would have been on peak for CSK. anyway good to see batting come good, and hopefully bowlers will find rhythm soon.

Except a certain mod who seems to have hit his glass ceiling at "ok".

Ok...

Well he forgot Gayle, he has been tremendous in last season with ball. Other option would have been to bowl him the last over that way pressure would have been on peak for CSK. anyway good to see batting come good, and hopefully bowlers will find rhythm soon.

Gayle was never on the field..

Or else he would have definitely bowled..

Also we really cant blame dan for giving kohli the 19th over..Dhoni out , Albie walking in and facing 1st ball.

can u even think that the over will go for 28 runs..

I think we had enough discussion over this..On 15th we'll beat RR in our home ground..

Gayle was not on field iirc

Also we really cant blame dan for giving kohli the 19th over..Dhoni out , Albie walking in and facing 1st ball.

I think we had enough discussion over this..On 15th we'll beat RR in our home ground..

ok, din't know, din't watch the match was reading on espncricinfo as i was in a meeting. They really need to do something about the 5th bowler. Kohli is too military pace on indian pitches.

It's quite tough to bowl when you've been sidelined with a groin niggle for a good 18 overs.

Took you long enough. nelson.gif Try to be quicker next time around.

ok

Edited by AtheK
oh and in between watching it on crictime.com :P

i think i will go for the RR matc, should be fun...you coming around this time?

ok, din't know, din't watch the match was reading on espncricinfo as i was in a meeting. They really need to do something about the 5th bowler. Kohli is too military pace on indian pitches.

We should just play a regular bowler and go with just 6 batsmen..We dont have decent allrounder in the team..

We can play Arvind or Harshail Patel as the 5th bowler..

Not coming for RR match..Going for PWI :D

Dada :D

Speaking of watching the matches. My friend has booked the 2000rs wala gavaskar stand at wankhende. i had specifically asked him to book the north stand (1300) or sachin tendulkar stand (5500) or any other stand which gives a stump to stump view, dhaccan ne side mein ka ticket nikala hai, ghanta kuch nahin malum padega kya ho raha hai match mein

which match are you going?

MI V/S DD on 16th

MI V/S Punajb on 22nd

Pune V/S DD on 24th.

Except for Pune match which is sponsored by a friend, I would have to pay the monies for the tickets this time :(

Edited by godspeed4476

Its funny to read people criticise Kohli's bowling in a club-level game.The guy has been the only reason we have won whatever little ODI's in the last few months.If it was some foreign player then its understandable but calling our own player names over no fault of his own is shameful :thumbdown:

Its funny to read people criticise Kohli's bowling in a club-level game.The guy has been the only reason we have won whatever little ODI's in the last few months.If it was some foreign player then its understandable but calling our own player names over no fault of his own is shameful :thumbdown:

Yea...I dont blame him at all...

Its definitely not his role to bowl in the 19th over..

Poor guy ended up in wrong place @ wrong time...

Vettori had no other option. Vettori wanted Murali, Zaheer and himself to bowl when Dhoni was batting, s0 in a way they got the reward by getting Dhoni out. But who in the world would have thought Morkel to come out and start hitting straight away.

As far as the RCB bowling option, i think there is no need to play all of Pujara, Tiwary and agarwal. one has to sit and a bowler should play

For CSK there is still a long way yo go, they have completed only one task

1. They have won a match which they would have lost :thumbsup:

Still to come

1. They will score more than 200 and loose the match :wallbash:

2. They will score less than 120 and win a match :surprise:

3. They will chase around 120 with lot of struggle :majesty:

4. and ofcourse a tie with a superover :clapping:

so lot more things to happen still in the tournament for CSK :first:

• AtheK changed the title to The Old Cricket Thread
  • AtheK locked this topic