The Old Cricket Thread

vinitwins

WC T20  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

on the contrary, it'll work against us. just like how England defeated us at home in 2012 which straightened out our thinking & helped us come back hard against the Aussies

& if we dont win we'll never hear the end of how SL are better than us

Who the hell cares about that. All I want is India beating England. But with our bowling attack I really suspect it happening.

Sent from my Nexus 4

How could you guys think about overseas win?

For me there is no better sight than watching latake hue faces, crying foul about the pacey pitches or weather. After IPL the fun get doubled.

11 (right???) Overseas test losses tell me that odds are in my favour.

From about 1996 to 2011 we did very well on our away tours. There have been some famous wins at Headingley, Adelaide, Perth, Jo'burg, Cape Town.

The rot started on the last day of the West Indies tour. We had to chase 180 in little over a session. With an hour to go we were 94/3. 86 runs needed in 90 balls, plenty of wickets left. Rahul Dravid was at the crease. And what did MS Dhoni do? Went to the opposing captain and settled for a draw.

That's not what champions are supposed to do. There was no harm in going for a chase, had we lost quick wickets we still could have seen through the game.

After that we have lost 4-0 in England and Australia, and 1-0 in South Africa and New Zealand. I expect something similar in this series as well. Maybe if we're lucky we cans ave a couple of matches.

Would have loved if it was a 5 day first class game, not a limited overs match. But then I doubt the retired players (and Shaun Tait) would have been fit enough for that.

Edited by Banz

my3e7aqe.jpg

HOLY SHITTT!!!!

assholes!! the way they distribute matches across all the 4 star channels..

wasn't star sports 1 supposed to be star cricket where they show all the cricket..

will have to miss the awesomeness on 5th July.. [emoji27][emoji20]

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

U have to buy all 4 channels , no other way around , specially if you watch football also...

Not interested in football , I only have star sports 1 where they show all India matches and that too with English commentary .. not long before they start distributing Indian matches across all 4 channels too to make us buy all the four ..

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Hey, you have a lot of corruption charges, match fixing linked to you, arm twisting, discrepancies in the IPL?

No problem! Come, become the chairman of the ICC.

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/cricketnext/n-srinivasan-confirmed-as-international-cricket-council-chairman/481924-78.html

• AtheK changed the title to The Old Cricket Thread
  • AtheK locked this topic