The Old Cricket Thread

vinitwins

WC T20  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I want to know how the pitch was..

Glad to see Gauti getting runs..

Is thr 1 more practice game ?

Yes one more, and I think gauti should start ahead of vijay

Yea..Vijay dint do much in NZ and is in bad form as seen in IPL..

If he fails to score in next practice match , he should be dropped..

Yup Gauti ahead of Vijay any day... Gauti,Shikhar,Virat,Pujara,Rahane,Dhoni,Binny,Ashwin.. These guys should play.. Rest bowlers can be changed according to the pitch.. Don't think rohit & Vijay should be selected ahead of Gauti & rahane..

Yup Gauti ahead of Vijay any day... Gauti,Shikhar,Virat,Pujara,Rahane,Dhoni,Binny,Ashwin.. These guys should play.. Rest bowlers can be changed according to the pitch.. Don't think rohit & Vijay should be selected ahead of Gauti & rahane..

and that is exactly what will happen

Rahane's place is not in doubt. He scored a hundred in his very last match. Unless we want to play an extra bowler at the cost of a batsman, and even then I expect Rohit to be dropped.

Vijay did well in South Africa, but didn't do much in New Zealand. It could be possible that he is dropped. Gambhir's experience will cme in handy as everyone else is touring England for the first time.

Vijay did well in tests in SA (& vs Aus at home before that). he only failed in NZ. it'd be unfair to drop him on the basis of that (IPL form should not count for tests). even rohit has played only 4 tests abroad (& 6 tests total). i think its only fair they get 2 more tests till they're dropped.

if they are playing another bowler instead of batsman then its only fair that rohit is dropped ahead of rahane.

i would play ashwin as main spinner ahead of jadeja (since eng has many LHB's) & binny or jadeja (depending on type of pitch) instead of rohit to strenghten our bowling. also goes without saying that i would drop chushant & play any other seamer but that aint going to happen either

anyway going by past dhoni is going to play the same side from last test vs Nz except for bhuvi coming in place of zak

Good show by our batting.. 333/4 at end of day 1.. Most of them getting 50.. only Vijay & Virat missing out..

they're playing against Leicester which apparently is a division 2 team & that too a very weak one. 4 of their bowlers have <40 wickets between them. pitch is also prob'ly a road so take the practice match performances with a huge amount of salt. ECB are not going to give good practice games to us

They are nowhere as good as the best First Class teams in England. And out bowlers still can't get them out.

1 wicket in 54 odd overs while conceding at a run rate of 5.6 on a day when it rained... and you wonder why we can't win Tests away from home.

The batsmen should all practice batting for long periods without bothering about the runs... that's the only way they can save a few Tests. Winning is out of question.

• AtheK changed the title to The Old Cricket Thread
  • AtheK locked this topic