The Old Cricket Thread

vinitwins

WC T20  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 minutes ago, playstation said:

Yehi baat hai..

Bhai yeh kya hai, who is Bindra, is he a superstar, is he like fluent in Mc BC, can he make faces. Kuch aur dikhao.

6 hours ago, playstation said:

Anyways...Kohli still has lot to proof....  he just seems to be getting carried away and letting his game and captaincy look like he is not upto the mark.....I am all for people making mistakes and learning and we as supporters of Indian cricket and sports lover need to stand by.....but this guy has too hot headed attitude not just off field which i would not care much but on the field also....even that day when he got a chance the very next ball he again got out.

When i watched Kohli bat the very first time, i remember telling myself that he was the future of Indian cricket. But i also distinctly remember doubting if Indian cricket fans would wholeheartedly embrace a personality like his.

When he took over from Dhoni, the first question that popped into my head was if BCCI had actually thought through the decision of acknowledging him as a captain. But what i found even more surprising was that we Indians gave no thought to whether Kohli did make a suitable captain despite his aggressive personality. This is the problem. We Indians are very lax when it comes to internalisation. In fact, we always externalise our thought processes without even considering to first introspect ourselves.

This is why i continue to defend Kohli. If they were more Indians out there who thought like me, then we wouldn't be flogging him the way we're doing right now. We would've realised very early on that it would've best for Kohli to play his natural game rather than have him submit to our demands. Deep down, Kohli isn't even arrogant to begin with. He's a genuine person just like Sachin. His displays of arrogance are his defense mechanisms kicking in because of the kind of pressure we apply on him.

6 hours ago, playstation said:

Pixeljunkie...i agree with you we Indians have a problem dealing with our leaders.

Not only do we have a problem managing our expectations when it comes to our leaders, we have a bigger problem in our obsession with power. We Indians don't understand the importance of letting a event run it's natural course. That is why we indulge in divisive politics. We are so obsessed with controlling a situation that we kill off any disruptive, and potentially positive, force that stands a chance of bettering the final outcome.

When the veterans acknowledged Kohli as captain, i don't think they fully realised that they themselves were endorsing Kohli's new position in the team regardless of his past. We Indians must realise that both captain and coach, regardless of the gap in generation, have equal say in all matters concerning both of them.

Our veterans should understand that the generation gap is a very real and important factor when deciding who gets to coach our team. Otherwise more problems will undoubtedly crop up in the future because this gap will only keep getting larger and larger.

1 hour ago, Sach4life said:

Sachin has a fantastic record in finals. Anyone saying otherwise is an idiot. Sachin averages more than 90 in finals India has won.

I never even so much as hinted at his consistency in finals. His greatest achievements is playing for India for as long as he has and surviving. But that same achievement also runs the risk of attracting criticism. The stat you talk of was produced in 2012. Don't be surprised at the critics coming out of the woodwork when someone spends as much time at the batting crease as Sachin has. This is why we Indians (excluding Sachin) must understand why it is important to not control the outcome of a situation.

33 minutes ago, playstation said:

Yehi baat hai..

Bhindra doesn't suffer the same mental pressure like Kohli does.

Edited by pixeljunkie

@sobbii Please don't make the mistake of associating Kohli with the movie character Jackson Storm from Cars 3. Who knows, but just maybe, Disney-Pixar will have Storm redeem himself in Cars 4.

Focus on only the overarching themes for now. There is bound to be some amount of friction when generations overlap. This is inevitable. It is upto proactive governing bodies to keep the friction to a minimum.

Edited by pixeljunkie

Make Sehwag the coach. We already have things happen like Trump becoming president, UK voting for Brexit etc so let's go with the trend.

Also f**k Kohli the captain. Let him concentrate on batting. We should find a new captain. Sachin was too mellow and over thought too much as a captain and Kohli is too aggressive and doesn't think much. We need a balanced captain. Anyone who isn't dumb enough to bowl first on a flat track in a final vs f**king Pakistan after we destroyed them batting first in same goddamn tournament should be good enough.

3 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

Make Sehwag the coach. We already have things happen like Trump becoming president, UK voting for Brexit etc so let's go with the trend.

Kohli is really well-spoken at press interviews. We just need to lay off the pressure we put on him.

We're in a love-hate relationship with him because there is less of Tendulkar, Dravid, etc. and more of Kohli inside all of us then we're willing to admit.

He's more human than any of us realise. This makes him a perfect role model for the younger generation. They can learn how to build character by observing how Kohli learnt to reign in his temper.

17 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

What is it with Sehwag that has everyone on edge? :blink:

Anil Kumble resigns: BCCI used Virat Kohli to settle scores with India's coach instead of resolving the conflict

Is there any truth to this?

I ask this because the article makes perfect sense especially when Kumble reveals that -

I was informed for the first time yesterday (Tuesday) by the BCCI that the captain had reservations about my ‘style’ and about my continuing as the head coach

The article also makes sense in explaining why Kohli has been so stressed of late.

as soon as squad was announced i had a feeling CT would be disastrous. was hoping that we wld boycott it coz of icc BS.

selecting karthik:doh: yuvi :rolleyes:  rahane :rofl: what a joke. though i got it wrong in that i thought that batsmen wld be cause of disaster & not that bowling too wld be to blame.

also had this bad feeling that we might lose to porkis coz change in captain always brings change in luck & virat was obv going thru bad patch from oz series on. was so relieved when we won on 4th but as soon as they decided to chase in final i had sinking feeling & then that no ball happened & i just knew that they were going to sh*t the bed.

losing to #8 team, to porkis who lose even to WI on regular basis & that too losing by such big margin with so many raw players, & losing to them in final means they can gloat for decades about it. & then laughing with them after such a shameful performance :ranting:. beyond ridiculous ! even our weakest of teams didnt lose to their ATG teams in imp matches & these overpaid fks did

said this before - i was going to stop following cricket after sachin retired coz it sucks up too much time & you feel bad when they lose but then virat came along & he's such a pleasure to watch & i've been a huge fan. didnt mind all the abuse & attitude etc which many fans seem to have an issue with; thought it added to his charm. but he's lost plenty of brownie points in last few days, first with final loss & then with this kumble fiasco. i thought when dhoni retired that finally we'll have a aggressive captain & select according to results & not just his faves but things have remained same. his captaincy is beyond crap. who decides to bat second in a final against a team that is piss poor chasers & who have a brilliant bowling attack when you roundly beat them batting first. & then who came up with those negative bowling plans where they looked to contain rather than take wickets first up? if you batted first & made even 250 you at least had a second chance.

can we finally get rid of ashwin & jadeja from LOIs. both are frauds outside of spinning wickets. number of times that they've got hit is not funny. neither can bat for sh*t in LOs & ashwin is worse fielder than any SL or Pakistani. they cost us wt20 SF too & they still get picked. jadeja's selfishness already cost us 2 wt20 exits & it showd up again in the pandya incident. who knows if that could have been a kapil dev 175 like innings? BC even england & sa have leggies & we dont :furious:

to peole who say we reached finals - big f**kn deal. we did so by beating 1 good team who anyways do your work for you in KO matches. if SA were not in KO situation they too might've trashed us. since 2015 WC we have 3rd worst W/L ratio. the teams below us, SL & pak, we lost to so that shows how bad we are. every icc trounament since 2013 we say oh we can hold our heads up coz we reached last 4. BS. there are basically 4 decent sides in the world & they too arent any great & have many holes in their XIs so being in top 4 means zilch. with talent & resources at our disposal we should be dominating in LOIs

if we're happy with this performance & dont take immediate action then you can take in writing 2019 is going to be disaster.

& now this whole kumble thing has happened. it sets such a bad precedent. now next coach knows that either he has to be a yes man & do what virat wants or he'll get fired. ofc if sehwag is picked then it'll be a disaster anyhow.

with a bunch of frauds in the team like jadeja & ashwin, virat needed someone with brains in the coaching team & kumble seemed to be the man. his move to send pandya ahead of dhoni finally meant that at least someone thought of winning first instead of reputations. if we'd done the same thing in t20 WC SF who knows we might have actually won that damn thing. also apparently virat was unhappy that kuldeep was picked for the oz test :wallbash: that was a boss move that helped us win the test & series. if he hadnt been picked i guarantee we would have lost the series. so it shows that virat not only has no tactical nous he has crappy selection sense.

its not necessary that best batsman will be good captain. look at sachin. plus you need some luck too & his rcb career has shown virat is not too blessed in that dept.

with this whole COA/SC, ICC mess & with dumbass selectors who pick ppl like karthik coz he scored plenty of runs against likes of dinda & vinay kumar instead of exciting talent like pant & trivedi & now this coach mess & with a poor captain at helm looks like we're headed to perfect storm of indian cricket heading in downward spiral.

8 hours ago, pixeljunkie said:

Anil Kumble resigns: BCCI used Virat Kohli to settle scores with India's coach instead of resolving the conflict

Is there any truth to this?

I ask this because the article makes perfect sense especially when Kumble reveals that -

The article also makes sense in explaining why Kohli has been so stressed of late.

This could be true.

Kohli was used like a pawn and Indian cricket lost one of the best coach they could ever had.

Sucks big time.

3 minutes ago, pixeljunkie said:

Is it true that he forwarded a 2-line resume when applying for the position of team coach? :fear:

No clue buddy... I think it would be a joke, but you never know with Sehwag. hahah

And that is one of the problems i would have, imho, to have him as head coach.....

Also, i hope this defeat makes some people including Sehwag realize faaltu bade bol na bola kare... These guys put undue pressure on the team. It is highly surprising that Ex-cricketers are doing this... I thought they would be better than us fans in this regard... :(

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/sports/cricket/220617/video-after-mohammed-shami-was-mocked-india-pakistan-fans-clash-on-london-streets.html

Shubhendu Jaiswal1 day ago

झांट बराबर झोंपड़ी, नब्बे रोशनदान, 1 जीत की खुशी में गाड़ मराये पाकिस्तान।

:rofl: 

India vs WI Updates:

12.55pm: We now start losing overs. So take out an over for every eight minutes or so, for the next 80 minutes. After that, India's innings is done.

1.15pm: It does not look good anymore. Lightning, heavy rain, a substandard drainage.

• AtheK changed the title to The Old Cricket Thread
  • AtheK locked this topic