The Old Cricket Thread

vinitwins

WC T20  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

With the funds frozen after the suspension imposed by the ICC, Zimbabwe Cricket (ZC) has notified in a statement its inability to stage domestic competitions or fulfill the obligations of the Future Tours Programme, which required it to tour Bangladesh for a triangular series including Afghanistan in September. If Zimbabwe don't end up participating, the series is likely to be turned into a bilateral affair.

The suspension also bars Zimbabwe from participating in ICC events, meaning it won't be able to able to feature in the women's and men's T20 World Cup Qualifier 2019, respectively scheduled for Scotland in August-September and Dubai in September-October, as of now.

Everyone here knows what MS has achieved and everyone are showing him great respect.

That is y people want him to retire and even get a farewell series as well..

If people were disrespectful , they would have wanted him to be dropped like how Aussies used to treat their seniors.

In a country of a Billion people, only 11 will play.
So the best 11 has to take the field.

Moreover everyone here are simply asking Dhoni to practice what he preached..

India Squads for the West Indies Tour, 2019:

ODI Squad:Virat Kohli (captain), Rohit Sharma (vice-captain), Shikhar Dhawan, KL Rahul, Shreyas Iyer, Manish Pandey, Rishabh Pant (wk), Ravindra Jadeja, Kuldeep Yadav, Yuzvendra Chahal, Kedar Jadhav, Mohammed Shami, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Khaleel Ahmed, Navdeep Saini

T20I Squad: Virat Kohli (captain), Rohit Sharma (vice-captain), Shikhar Dhawan, KL Rahul, Shreyas Iyer, Manish Pandey, Rishabh Pant (WK), Krunal Pandya, Ravindra Jadeja, Washington Sundar, Rahul Chahar, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Khaleel Ahmed, Deepak Chahar, Navdeep Saini

Test squad:Virat Kohli (Captain), Ajinkya Rahane (VC), Mayank Agarwal, KL Rahul, Cheteshwar Pujara, Hanuma Vihari, Rohit Sharma, Rishabh Pant (WK) Wriddhiman Saha (WK), Ravichandran Ashwin, Ravindra Jadeja, Kuldeep Yadav, Ishant Sharma, Mohammed Shami, Jasprit Bumrah, Umesh Yadav

No Dhoni.

What is kedar jadhav doing in ODI setup, good for nothing injury prone guy. They should look beyond him, Krunal could have been tried. 

What is kedar jadhav doing in ODI setup, good for nothing injury prone guy. They should look beyond him, Krunal could have been tried. 
True that. Would prefer Manish playing instead of kedar anyday and Iyer is perfect for no.4.

Also, not too happy with the bowling choices in T20 set up. We should draft more all rounders and power hitters.

Test squad looks good and good to see Saha back. Still the best keeper we have though he may not get a match.

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

Kumar Dharmasena's decision to award England six runs for overthrows instead of five in the last over of the World Cup final is a part of cricketing folklore now, but the debate around his decision continues. Dharmasena has now spoken about it, admitting the "judgemental error" but has argued that the decision was made in consultation with the square leg umpire Marais Erasmus, with the ICC even praising him for the decision he made at the time.

"I agree that there was a judgmental error when I see it on TV replays now," Dharmasena told Sunday Times. "But we did not have the luxury of TV replays at the ground and I will never regret the decision I made. Besides, the ICC praised me for the decision I made at that time."

Due to Dharmasena's decision, the equation for England came down to 3 needed off 2 balls with Ben Stokes on strike. England were awarded two runs for running between the wickets and four extra runs for the ball that deflected off Stokes's bat and went to the boundary. The only problem was that Stokes and Adil Rashid hadn't crossed at the "instant of the throw or act", meaning they profited with an extra run.

Couldn't Dharmasena have used technology to consult with the third umpire then? "There is no provision in the law to refer this to the third umpire as no dismissal was involved," Dharmasena said. "So, I did consult the leg umpire through the communication system which is heard by all other umpires and the match referee. And, while they cannot check TV replays, they all confirmed that the batsmen have completed the run. This is when I made my decision.

"One must understand that there were too many things on our plate. We had to watch the batsmen complete the first run, the ball being fielded, how it was handled by the fielder and whether the batsmen completed the second run. And where the throw would come from, the striker's end or non-striker's end. In this case, we were all happy that the batsmen had completed the second run because the ball ricocheted off Stokes's bat at the time of him completing the second run.

"So, we assumed that they had crossed each other at the time of fielder releasing the ball. These are things that happen in a cricket field. For instance, an umpire can call a wide or a no-ball wrongly and just because the TV replays shows otherwise, we cannot go back and reverse the match. This is one such incident."

Source: Was judgemental error but don't regret the decision: Dharmasena

Edited by Black_Hawk

5 hours ago, silentassassin said:

What happened to Prithvi Shaw??

Shaw suffered a hip injury at the Mumbai Premier League T20 tournament in May and is currently undergoing rehabilitation at the National Cricket Academy (NCA) in Bengaluru. It is unclear at this point when he will be back in action.

• Like 1

Kohli doesn't want to lose grip on captaincy. He could've sat out WI LOIs and even BCCI was expecting it.

But then possibly realized Rohit might clinch T20 or ODI, given his record as captain is very good.

But in view of T2020, it won't hurt if Rohit is made Captain.

Frankly, not that impressed with Kohli as a captain. Has not won a single ICC trophy or even a single IPL. In fact his IPL record is a disaster. Plus too much drama from his side. Maybe captaincy should be given to Rohit Sharma. His record is far better. And from future, BCCI should institute a rule that only those who have proven leadership skills (able to give advise to other team members and the person who commands respect or at least the person who has led in domestic teams/IPL with very good record) should be given captaincy, with the provision to remove the person from captaincy should a single win not come in a major tournament after a reasonable period of time. 

Sunil Narine and Kieron Pollard have been included in the 14-man West Indies squad for the first two T20Is against India, it was announced on Tuesday (July 23). Andre Russell too has been named but will have to undergo a fitness test before the two games in Florida. Chris Gayle made himself unavailable for the series and will feature in Canada's Global T20 League instead.

WI Squad:

John Campbell

Evin Lewis

Shimron Hetmyer

Nicolas Pooran

Kieron Pollard

Rovman Powell

Carlos Brathwaite (c)

Keemo Paul

Sunil Narine

Sheldon Cottrell

Oshane Thomas

Anthony Bramble

Andre Russell

KharyPierre

England’s World Cup-winning all-rounder Ben Stokes on Tuesday admitted that he was ‘flattered' on being nominated for the New Zealander of the Year, but wants Kiwi skipper Kane Williamson to take home the award.

Capture.jpg

- Ben Stokes

• AtheK changed the title to The Old Cricket Thread
  • AtheK locked this topic