The Old Cricket Thread

vinitwins

WC T20  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Sold his soul and ethics for money. Just like Mohd Asif. What a talent but threw it all away. Not comparing their skills though.. 

Also his ego is sky high. He thinks he is a superstar and a legend. No sympathy for people like him.

Sent from my SM-E625F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, harsh1387 said:

Saw that before and video too.
I don't take the management who buys Maxwell for 14+ and Jamison for 16+ seriously emoji14.png. Big fan of Maxwell the international player but he literally sucks in IPL and Jamison doesn't have a splendid T20 record yet. On the other hand Smith has played some very good knocks in IPL and even took his team to IPL final once.

I rate Hesson highly and he can claim whatever but DC was really smart in auction. They only had 13 crore to play with and needed some good back ups. Even tried for Christian but ran out of money. I really believe Smith is a terrific buy for us. We collapsed a lot last year and Smith can provide the solidity in middle order. If Smith fails we already have Hetmyer and Billings as back ups. I trust Ponting as coach and Iyer as Captain as we have made to playoffs twice and finals last time. So, must be doing something right.

Smith opening for Delhi will be great. But unlikely. 

And shastri will leave the chair only when kohli retires. Janmo janam ka yaarana hai :lol:

4 hours ago, harsh1387 said:

There is mega auction next year. Can only retain 3 players. So, MI has to release many players. Also, other teams looks quite good this year so won't give MI automatic pass to finals. MI is always bailed out by Pollard and Hardik. If MI lose even one of them in auction gonna be tough for them.

Not really. They have multiple matchwinners who bailed out. Sky and Kishan have also bailed them out multiple times. Thats the trouble other teams find because eventually someone stands up and takes the game away. 

1 minute ago, ZooZoo said:

Not really. They have multiple matchwinners who bailed out. Sky and Kishan have also bailed them out multiple times. Thats the trouble other teams find because eventually someone stands up and takes the game away. 

This is embarrassing as i've never quite delved into the payout intricacies... but can someone tell me how does MI get to keep say someone like Pollard for so soo long? 

Do they increase his package from the time he joined every time an auction happens? Or is there "outside" remuneration to retain certain players over and above their signing price?

7 minutes ago, Jigsaw said:

This is embarrassing as i've never quite delved into the payout intricacies... but can someone tell me how does MI get to keep say someone like Pollard for so soo long? 

Do they increase his package from the time he joined every time an auction happens? Or is there "outside" remuneration to retain certain players over and above their signing price?

There is definitely payout (Unofficial) over and above for retained players. 

Just now, AtheK said:

There is definitely payout (Unofficial) over and above for retained players. 

But then what stops pollard from wanting to cast the net and see if he can get more money with the image he now has built? Unless he likes being the household ladder everytime a bulb goes off in Antilia?

I'm sooo clueless about these things. :ko:

Smith opening for Delhi will be great. But unlikely. 

And shastri will leave the chair only when kohli retires. Janmo janam ka yaarana hai [emoji38]
Smith won't open. Already have Shaw and dhawan and if needed Stoinis will open like last year. Smith will play at 3 or 4.
True. Sky is there best middle order bat. What I meant was when everyone fails or they are chasing a high score Pollard and Hardik always come to party.

Must be increasing his package when retained and I have heard of numerous bonuses Ambani keeps awarding the players.

8 minutes ago, Jigsaw said:

But then what stops pollard from wanting to cast the net and see if he can get more money with the image he now has built? Unless he likes being the household ladder everytime a bulb goes off in Antilia?

I'm sooo clueless about these things. :ko:

I think it's a legacy also that you build over the time, i am sure the perk and respect he gets in MI over and above pay package might not be matched by any one else.

Toss to Gayo....

Boom Boom and Washy back in place of Siraj and Kuldeep.

Bit perplexing decision. Was expecting umesh to play. England are playing 1 spinner and we are playing 3. Someone has misread the pitch big time [emoji23]

7 minutes ago, harsh1387 said:

Bit perplexing decision. Was expecting umesh to play. England are playing 1 spinner and we are playing 3. Someone has misread the pitch big time emoji23.png

:lol:

One of the two teams got it horribly wrong.

Also so much political mileage :rofl:

"Hindu Kapil Dev ne issi bhoomi par toda tha Ghamandi Isaahi Richard Hadlee ka world record"

11 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Oh BC! Modiji toh khud lefty hai. :rofl:

A Supreme Leader is always ambidextrous :rolleyes:

I think righty hai. 

Edited by Jigsaw
Update

• AtheK changed the title to The Old Cricket Thread
  • AtheK locked this topic