The Old Cricket Thread

vinitwins

WC T20  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Mumbai should just scrap there team...na rahegi team na chahiye captain :dance:

:quiet_trans: , remove the BKL Bhajji and things would improve , try to trade him for good player, like morgan from KKR. Every 1 would be happy, SRK would get a body guard and MI would get decent t20 player

Mumbai should just scrap there team...na rahegi team na chahiye captain :dance:

:cry:

I see more controversies in the future with Bhaji as Captain ,infact I can see everything except for a final .This Mumbai team has so much quality and yet they wont even qualify for the Champions league next year

So they wont get to defend the trophy ?

:quiet_trans: , remove the BKL Bhajji and things would improve , try to trade him for good player, like morgan from KKR. Every 1 would be happy, SRK would get a body guard and MI would get decent t20 player

:rofl:

:cry:

I see more controversies in the future with Bhaji as Captain ,infact I can see everything except for a final .This Mumbai team has so much quality and yet they wont even qualify for the Champions league next year

So they wont get to defend the trophy ?

don't worry muh kala karane ka chance milega unhe qualifier main... :P

don't worry muh kala karane ka chance milega unhe qualifier main... :P

Against which countries team ?

If this was Football Mumbai would be allowed to defend the crown and CSK would have had to qualify instead

Edited by Akai Shuichi

Against which countries team ?

If this was Football Mumbai would be allowed to defend the crown and CSK would have had to qualify instead

IDK, but if what aman said is true, the clubs from other countries would be in for a huge challenge, no against MI , but to save themselves from Wrath of Munaf :smokey:

IDK, but if what aman said is true, the clubs from other countries would be in for a huge challenge, no against MI , but to save themselves from Wrath of Munaf :smokey:

:rofl:

Imagine the umpire telling Bhaji calm Munaf and Bhaji starts abusing the umpire :lol:

Dude, if we start using this Logic, Chennai will play Each and every IPL finals :P

I know what you meant but Champions league qualifier and IPL round robin is completely different

Imagine if Mumbai lose so they will be kicked out without even being a part of the actual tourney(A high Probability of this happening :P )

In Football the Top 4 teams go through to the Champions league but if a team wins the Champions League but fails to qualify for the Top 4 then the 4th place team is dumped out and the Defending Champions are allowed to defend the crown .Infact it has happened this year only with Chelsea trolling Tottenham

I know what you meant but Champions league qualifier and IPL round robin is completely different

Imagine if Mumbai lose so they will be kicked out without even being a part of the actual tourney(A high Probability of this happening :P )

In Football the Top 4 teams go through to the Champions league but if a team wins the Champions League but fails to qualify for the Top 4 then the 4th place team is dumped out and the Defending Champions are allowed to defend the crown .Infact it has happened this year only with Chelsea trolling Tottenham

I vote for implementing this format from this year itself, sala kidhar to final khelneko mile :D

BTW can any 1 confirm for sure how the champions league will take place this time, they change the format too many times

I vote for implementing this format from this year itself, sala kidhar to final khelneko mile :D

BTW can any 1 confirm for sure how the champions league will take place this time, they change the format too many times

Thats whats bad about it ,they dont have a fixed format

Final kaise

Theyw ill go directly in group stage via the format not in Finals

Finals is a long long shot :P

RCB :cry:

but i am liking this IPL thing a lot, i can actually feel connected to the team and this concept is def picking up, f**k the TRP and controversies, they are a part and parcel of game. But i really hope that they scrap the rule of dissolving entire team after 3 years, you start feeling connected and suddenly your fav players are playing for some one else. Keep the trading open from the day IPL ends to two months before the start.

IPL definetly has a great future but really needs to taken care of properly, all the haters in this thread itself jumped in as the tournament progressed. So they can win people but they should keep there mind and objectives in sight.

In terms of crowds, this year's IPL has so far been the best since season 1. TV ratings were anyway going to see corrections and even they are quite decent.

IPL's challenge to stay relevant in the long term is to manage valuations. Its very easy to get ahead of oneself and start paying players enormous amounts of money in order to win.

But that is the case in football too, once teams are settled, money will be involved, but that is fine, until the quality of the game is going high, we should not care much about the money anyway.

but i am liking this IPL thing a lot, i can actually feel connected to the team and this concept is def picking up, f**k the TRP and controversies, they are a part and parcel of game. But i really hope that they scrap the rule of dissolving entire team after 3 years, you start feeling connected and suddenly your fav players are playing for some one else. Keep the trading open from the day IPL ends to two months before the start.

IPL definetly has a great future but really needs to taken care of properly, all the haters in this thread itself jumped in as the tournament progressed. So they can win people but they should keep there mind and objectives in sight.

Totally agreed. Just retaining 3 out of your entire squad is kinda sad as fans get used to supporting particular players for their team. They should have a football-based transfer system. Changing the entire team structure every 3 years makes it hard for a supporter to passionately follow 1 team.

This

Dude, if we start using this Logic, Chennai will play Each and every IPL finals :P

No need. We almost do so anyway. :P (This cocky post will be auto-terminated if we don't do well tomorrow.)

The difference being that IPL consists of knockout stages and in that case deciding 3rd place through a playoff is normal practice.

but i am liking this IPL thing a lot, i can actually feel connected to the team and this concept is def picking up, f**k the TRP and controversies, they are a part and parcel of game.

My man. I've been clamouring for this in this thread since forever. But people will jump in and say we've got good teams and that's why we want to retain players and that it's unfair on the other teams who won't win anymore because.... CONSPIRACY. SRINIVASAN. MATCH FIXING. @#$^ CSK. SRK. THEIR MUM. yada yada yada. So, what do we know, eh?

Why is the general consensus that Bhajji was responsible for MI losing? He's been sh*t throughout and MI still won a few in the league phase.

My sixth sense says that KKR will win IPL this time. In sport there are several winning moments, I see them with KKR. Luck, it seems, is also with the KKR,” Ganguly said referring to the toss won by Gambhir on last two occasions in Pune. ”KKR however would look to avoid facing Chennai in the final. Otherwise, they look to be the best team to win the IPL this time,” he said.“Cricket is like a circle. There is one team this year and another next year. Hope Pune Warriors India win IPL next year,” he added. The former KKR skipper further said he already had wished team co-owner Shah Rukh Khan.

Edited by Bandersnatch Cummerbund

• AtheK changed the title to The Old Cricket Thread
  • AtheK locked this topic