The Old Cricket Thread

vinitwins

WC T20  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well not exactly, I dont know what you guys have been seeing but it looks a nice balance of team effort tht wins the matches for MI. without a doubt Sachin is playing the critical part, but it has been excellent bowling by zaheer, malinga and bhajji that is helping the team to make sure they capitalise on sachin. Other players are batting well too, raydu and tiwari won the 1st match for mumbai, Bhajji single handedly defeated DC in a match they were sure too lose.

Anyways we are in the semis now, Apart from kulkarni i dont think there needs to be any changes. Keep jaya and duminy in the team till the finals now.

and yes haters :O

All this talk about MI replying heavily on God is bollocks, Tiwary/Raydu/Dhawan have also played their part ....as have the bowlers.... I think we need to get Dhawan back in place of Kulkarni....Jayasuriya`s bowling is a big plus...maybe he needs to bat in the middle order and let dhawan open....I hope Nayar is also fit soon, then he can play in place of Satish!

hmm are the rules like that ?

no even Rohit is a good player.... anyhow lets wait and see

Rohit Sharma plays well only in IPL...

For INdia he has'nt performed like he performs in IPL....moreover i don think rohit Sharma will b in the final 11 for world cup..

Well not exactly, I dont know what you guys have been seeing but it looks a nice balance of team effort tht wins the matches for MI. without a doubt Sachin is playing the critical part, but it has been excellent bowling by zaheer, malinga and bhajji that is helping the team to make sure they capitalise on sachin. Other players are batting well too, raydu and tiwari won the 1st match for mumbai, Bhajji single handedly defeated DC in a match they were sure too lose.

All this talk about MI replying heavily on God is bollocks, Tiwary/Raydu/Dhawan have also played their part ....as have the bowlers.... I think we need to get Dhawan back in place of Kulkarni....Jayasuriya`s bowling is a big plus...maybe he needs to bat in the middle order and let dhawan open....I hope Nayar is also fit soon, then he can play in place of Satish!

guys i was only talkin about the MI batting... not bowling performance....

as of now MI have lost 3 matches and in all three matches Sachin has failed to score and MI have lost (except CSK match where he had to leave the field and by the time he came back match was gone)...

Finally some 1 in the thread who has some cricketing sense :bigyellowgrin:

MI seriously makes sme dumb decisions whn they buy players in the Auction...

In the 2nd year auction they picked Duminy for 650,000 USD :) ....In da same auction they din even bid for players like collingwood n Brad Haddin...

n duminy still has'nt proven dat he's worth the money......

n dis year they bot pollard for a very huge price..even he has'nt proven his worth yet....i think bhajji has scored more runs than pollard in IPL :)

This is thr problem with you guys , cant just thing beyond 1 aspect.

While pollard has not been hitting a lot of runs with his bat, he has been bowling 4 overs consitently. Also he made some good contribution with the bat yesterday.

And please care to enlighten us why do you think duminy is not worth the price :) . He has been batting well and bowling well through out the IPL. do you want him to perform with cheerleaders as well? :bigyellowgrin:

@Godspeed4476

bro dont tell me Pollard was picked by MI for his bowling skills... itn was all because ofhis batting which he has totally failed to deliver for MI

he is an allrounder

and he hasnt exactly failed in terms of batting, he has performed below expectation. I agree with you that batting skills were the main point for his selection, but he has not been as useless as some are pointing him out to be. remember he scored some quick runs and took crucial wicket of pathan yesterday.

This is thr problem with you guys , cant just thing beyond 1 aspect.

While pollard has not been hitting a lot of runs with his bat, he has been bowling 4 overs consitently. Also he made some good contribution with the bat yesterday.

And please care to enlighten us why do you think duminy is not worth the price :) . He has been batting well and bowling well through out the IPL. do you want him to perform with cheerleaders as well? :hi:

Well the second IPL was in SA..And Duminy is a rising star of the Rainbow nation.

And he performed very well in the second IPL..I think his purchase has been perfectly justified..!

And well it isn't MI's fault Pollard is performing under potential.....They bought him based on his reputation and his performance in the Champions League...based on which again it is justified...

Well the second IPL was in SA..And Duminy is a rising star of the Rainbow nation.

And he performed very well in the second IPL..I think his purchase has been perfectly justified..!

And well it isn't MI's fault Pollard is performing under potential.....They bought him based on his reputation and his performance in the Champions League...based on which again it is justified...

exactly, there were 3 franchise who were competing for pollard and he was won by Mumbai in tie-breaker. but IMO duminy > pollard. Tendulkar must have planned for playing duminy in semi's hence he has kept him fresh.

And now that MI has qualified..I am firmly of the opinion that God should play Nayar instead of Sathish..I think he deserves his chance as well...

HE did some powerful hitting in a couple of matches in SA...

Edited by scath

he is an allrounder

and he hasnt exactly failed in terms of batting, he has performed below expectation. I agree with you that batting skills were the main point for his selection, but he has not been as useless as some are pointing him out to be. remember he scored some quick runs and took crucial wicket of pathan yesterday.

no people aint telling Pollard is useless, it is just that he hasn't lived up to all the hype... especially the kind of knocks he played in Champions league... he still hasn't given that match changing innings like Uthappa, Yusuf or Warner

• AtheK changed the title to The Old Cricket Thread
  • AtheK locked this topic