The Old Cricket Thread

vinitwins

WC T20  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

They have been banned by IPL also for this season. It might be the end of line for them, no competitive cricket for a year, and then grind it out in domestic circuit. They will now always be remembered as cheats, no matter what happens next. 

Revealed: The full extent of Australia cheating - sticky-tape lies and how Warner drove Bancroft to tamper with the ball

It was all Warner. Smith's fault was to know and not stop it. Feel bad for the guy now :(

Edit: He also directed Bancroft to hide it

The former vice-captain was also charged with providing advice to a junior player on how to tamper with the ball "including demonstrating how it could be done".

Warner also mislead the Newlands match officials by concealing his knowledge of and involvement in the plan and did not voluntarily report his involvement.

Steve Smith's ban was based on him knowing of the plan but failing to take steps to prevent it.

Further, CA's investigation found that it was Smith who directed "that evidence of attempted tampering be concealed on the field of play" – in other words, Smith told Bancroft to hide the yellow object now known to be sandpaper in his trousers.

Edited by quixote_1989

1 hour ago, AtheK said:

They have been banned by IPL also for this season. It might be the end of line for them, no competitive cricket for a year, and then grind it out in domestic circuit. They will now always be remembered as cheats, no matter what happens next. 

Yes, that's the hardest pill to swallow. To live life in shame. One wrong decision and your done.

2 minutes ago, Black_Hawk said:

Yes, that's the hardest pill to swallow. To live life in shame. One wrong decision and your done.

Yeah was thinking about the same...How  much one bad thing hurts all..All those struggles just gone to drain in a jiffy...And hope they atleast get to lead a normal life..I mean too much of hatred around can kill one inside...Its tough on everyone...

A rapist isnt punished as much as this when they deserve worse as they destroy one life and getting over that becomes hell more than anything..We concentrate on the stuff visible to us and forget the worse things happening behind in society..

Enough of this off the field drama. Real fun is starting in 10 days. Eagerly awaiting.

Btw, I hope if and when we beat Australians for the first time in test history in their own country it is not termed as a weak win cos their 2 biggest run makers aren't available cos of the ban.

Also, i have no sympathies for anyone. They knowingly cheated. Even we guys at club cricket level don't get involve in ball tampering. Where is the fun in winning if you know you cheated and are not good enough on merit.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

24 minutes ago, quixote_1989 said:

Revealed: The full extent of Australia cheating - sticky-tape lies and how Warner drove Bancroft to tamper with the ball

It was all Warner. Smith's fault was to know and not stop it. Feel bad for the guy now :(

Edit: He also directed Bancroft to hide it

Really feel bad for Bancroft. Dont think he was in a position to say no.

1 minute ago, silentassassin said:

Really feel bad for Bancroft. Dont think he was in a position to say no.

Yup, in his position it would've been impossible to say No to the vice captain of the team.

3 minutes ago, quixote_1989 said:

Yup, in his position it would've been impossible to say No to the vice captain of the team.

n the captain agreeing the vice captain.

Apparently lot of team members are against Warner. They asked him to be removed from the hotel as the others and him might get involved in a fight.

Reasons for me to watch IPL this time..

-CSK returns.

-Ashwin captaincy with KXIP

-The youngsters coming after the U19WC, really eager to see how they go about the game.

-Introduction of DRS this time.[Is this confirmed?]

-Fresh looking team/squads.

Who'll be SRH captain ?

Dhawan ? 
Williamson ?
Pandey ?

or they can actually make Bhuvi the captain imo. He's been their leader for the bowling attack and has guided them pretty well
Dhawan is my vote. He is a cool and calm character who never gets involved in sledging or showing stupid antics. Though Williamson isn't a bad bet but will he get to play all games is a big Q. Maybe now he can with Warner out.
Reasons for me to watch IPL this time..

-CSK returns.
-Ashwin captaincy with KXIP
-The youngsters coming after the U19WC, really eager to see how they go about the game.
-Introduction of DRS this time.[is this confirmed?]
-Fresh looking team/squads.

Agree with all points. This IPL will be exciting with all the reshuffling of players and their loyalties. DRS is confirmed as far as I know. As usual my support is to home team DD though I won't mind even Kings winning the title.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

What about the leadership team that Steve Smith was referring to? They never made that clear. Pretty sure the leadership team cannot be just the two players...Smith & Warner. I'm sure the coach and a few other senior members were aware of what was going on....shady Aussie buggers.I don't think a 1 year ban is harsh at all. Cheaters should be kicked out for life.

• AtheK changed the title to The Old Cricket Thread
  • AtheK locked this topic