• Choke Africa
    • Whocares'Stan'
    • West IPL X1
    • Kangaroo
    • Defending Lanka
    • Pomies
    • New Mcullum Land

The fightback!
This is why I love Aussies. They don't give an inch.
Yup. Been a brilliant match. Though Ashwin has been a disappointment this innings. We need to play Jaddu/Vihari next match. 4 bowlers aren't enough on a flat wicket.

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 Pro using Tapatalk

We just can't get the tailenders out. :wallbash:

Our tailenders would have made sure that they were back in hotel and sleeping by now. 

Edited by AtheK

Awesome win. Finally we won 1st test in a series in Australia. We were so used to 1-0 or 2-0 always.

Pujara should be motm

On 6/12/2018 at 10:47 AM, Right said:

We lost the match even before the toss.

there are 4 bowlers and this is batsman friendly pitch. And Ashwin has match figures of 267/5 

Shooting from the hip goron ke deewane :P

• Like 1

It's becoming a trend, win toss bat first win game. Even in England the one we won was because root decided to bowl first. 

8 minutes ago, AtheK said:

Shooting from the hip goron ke deewane :P

It wasn't a good call to go with 4 bowlers, it's just that match turned out to be much low-scoring one and none of the inning took more than 4 sessions. 

Our Bowlers were so tired after first innings they couldn't even survive 3 overs with bat. It gets compensated somewhere.

We are trying to fill for Batsmen shortcoming by playing 1 extra batsman, the dud who comes at #6. Had we played Hanuma we have got.half n bowler extra.

So ya, this was expensive, even though we won but it want by large margin and could have gone other way.

It wasn't a good call to go with 4 bowlers, it's just that match turned out to be much low-scoring one and none of the inning took more than 4 sessions. 
Our Bowlers were so tired after first innings they couldn't even survive 3 overs with bat. It gets compensated somewhere.

We are trying to fill for Batsmen shortcoming by playing 1 extra batsman, the dud who comes at #6. Had we played Hanuma we have got.half n bowler extra.
So ya, this was expensive, even though we won but it want by large margin and could have gone other way.
Yup i agree stupid to play Nohit, but then he did get this 30+ odd runs in first innings, that actually helped stabilizing the inning a bit too. They shoukd get in Jadeja or vihari next match.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Great win :punk: That too without Virat contributing much.

Pujara :majesty: .

The bowlers were excellent. The pitch dint offer lot of assistance, but they managed to pick 20 wickets.

Ashwin held one end up, bowled with superb economy. But though he could have done more.

Also what happened to Rohit Sharma ? 
He was off the field in the 2nd session.

34 minutes ago, AtheK said:

It's becoming a trend, win toss bat first win game. Even in England the one we won was because root decided to bowl first. 

Even NZ won 2 tests in UAE batting 1st.
Its like teams have foregotten how to chase.

I think Virat has never lost a match while chasing

India's coach Ravi Shastri was so overwhelmed by the Adelaide win by his boys that he waxed eloquent over it during an on-air interview soon after.

Asked how it felt to be part of the team's outstanding show, the inimitable Shastri said, "I was telling the boys bilkul chhodna mat (taking off on Sunil Gavaskar's Chhodna Nahi question on the series tagline), but to be honest, thodi der ke liye goti moonh mein tha."

When commentators Michael Clarke and Mark Butcher asked Gavaskar what Shastri meant in Hindi by this, Sunny said it cannot be said on a family channel. 

At this the broadcaster quickly went into a commercial break, saving further blushes.

18 minutes ago, silentassassin said:

Great win :punk: That too without Virat contributing much.

Pujara :majesty: .

The bowlers were excellent. The pitch dint offer lot of assistance, but they managed to pick 20 wickets.

Ashwin held one end up, bowled with superb economy. But though he could have done more.

Also what happened to Rohit Sharma ? 
He was off the field in the 2nd session.

Even NZ won 2 tests in UAE batting 1st.
Its like teams have foregotten how to chase.

I think Virat has never lost a match while chasing

I think it was a very good wicket, for the team batting 4th, it still provided a chance, good for us Smith and Warner are not there, or would have been tough. 

As for Rohit sharma, I hope he is on a flight back home. 

Wonderful start to the Test series for India. Match was closer than most of us (and Team India) expected.