The Old Cricket Thread

vinitwins

WC T20  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

16 minutes ago, AtheK said:

It is a like to like replacement for rest of match, so since jaddu would have definitely bowled 4 overs for the rest of the match, his sub can be a bowler. 

Oh I thought that only applied for major incidents like concussions. 

4 minutes ago, Jigsaw said:

Oh I thought that only applied for major incidents like concussions. 

He had a concussion, that is what India is showcasing, he was hit on helmet in 19th over. 

Just now, AtheK said:

He had a concussion, that is what India is showcasing, he was hit on helmet in 19th over. 

I saw him struggling with hamstring. Not paying too much attention because code was born to “fatofy” on fridays :wallbash:

Good game, though the talking point will be Sub more then the victory, even after dropping two catches in a row.

Good start.

Edited by AtheK

10 minutes ago, AtheK said:

Good game, though the talking point will be Sub more then the victory, even after dropping two catches in a row.

Good start.

Guess the nurse isn’t going to let Kohli “handle” the baby anytime soon

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jigsaw said:

Jadeja’s progress as a batting all-rounder has been so heart warming over the past 3-4 years. First starting with some vital knocks in tests and gradually white ball cricket. :majesty:

Guy is clearly far from the bits n pieces stuff that Manjrekar tagged him with. 

We all should thank Manjerekar though. Maybe that comment is what poked Jaddu to work extra hard. Have seen him taking his batting casually in past. Still remember the loss against Australia when Idiot couldnt get India home with just 17 runs required. Wasted the 170 by Sachin. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, ZooZoo said:

We all should thank Manjerekar though. Maybe that comment is what poked Jaddu to work extra hard. Have seen him taking his batting casually in past. Still remember the loss against Australia when Idiot couldnt get India home with just 17 runs required. Wasted the 170 by Sachin. 

Yeah considering how long he’s played at the international level it’s sad how many years he wasted not utilising his batting talent. But massive respect for the guy with what he’s done. And that’s not just because of today or the day before. The last 4-5 years at least at home he’s been super good with the bat. 

I hope we make a last minute change and keep Pandya for Test matches too. Both Jaddu and Pandya at lower down the order will help us in a long way considering how fragile our batting is.

Fielding is still very poor. Thankfully Aussies batting is even worse. We didn't deserved to win today with stupid selection and rubbish batting.. got lucky to get chahal as a concussion sub when in reality he should always start in playing 11. Shami is simply not suited for T20I where he leaks runs like anything.

Hopefully jaddu plays next match as we need him and Pandya to finish games.

Also, Dhawan is past his prime. Give other chances.

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

38 minutes ago, harsh1387 said:

Fielding is still very poor. Thankfully Aussies batting is even worse. We didn't deserved to win today with stupid selection and rubbish batting.. got lucky to get chahal as a concussion sub when in reality he should always start in playing 11. Shami is simply not suited for T20I where he leaks runs like anything.

Hopefully jaddu plays next match as we need him and Pandya to finish games.

Also, Dhawan is past his prime. Give other chances.

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

Jaddu is out of the series, thakur is his replacement. 

• AtheK changed the title to The Old Cricket Thread
  • AtheK locked this topic