vinitwins

The Cricket Thread

WC T20  

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

26 minutes ago, Right said:

Pandya's 4th hat-trick of Sixes against spinners. How many people have done it?

Post to espncricinfo :P

Good number crunching for them.. 

58 minutes ago, silentassassin said:

Super win. 

Dint play our best batsman n bowler. 

Batted when the pitch was most hostile. 

Recovered from 18-4 and won by 35 runs :clapping:

we just got lucky

So New Zealand was a damp squib.

if one is playing so bad at home, there are some serious questions that has to be raised. And this is when, India didn’t have its best frontline bowler, was rested.

Edited by Right

I thoroughly enjoyed Australia's win over Sri Lanka. This is the kind of fiery dominance everyone expects from the Oz. I wonder if they even played with 1/10th of their present precision before, what would the result have been. Looks like a lot of players have found their rhythm again.  Man, Starc's bowling was looking downright scary. as they say, luck is temporary, class is permanent. 

6 minutes ago, DinJo said:

Lol Starc is broken as hell lets see when he gets injured next 

you dont get a 10 fa everyday, bowling at 150+ average speeds. Thank goodness those bumpers didnt hit helmets. Even jhye richardson with modest speeds caused troubles with his bumpers. 

Not bragging about India, but consistency is what speaks of class. 

India also used to thrash Bangladesh/Zimbabwe earlier and get thrashed by Australia often. That doesn't imply Indian team is class apart. We all know the condition of Sri Lankan team recently. So such performance was expected out of Australia against SL in their own backyard. 

Australia's performance in last 2 years

Tied Test series with Bangladesh 1-1

Lost to India 4-1 in ODI's

Won against England 4-0 in Tests

Lost 4-1 to England in ODI's

Won tri Series against England and NZ

Lost Test Series to SA 3-1 

Lost to England in ODI's 5-0

Lost test series to Pakistan 1-0

Lost ODI Series to SA 2-1

Lost Test series to India 2-1

Lost ODI Series to India 2-1

In last 2 years they have just beaten England in Test and won just one tri series. Rest they have lost all the series. That doesn't speak class for a team. Though we all know what Australia is capable of doing. 

PS: Correct me if i have missed out any series or have put up wrong information. 

Edited by Nathan.Drake

5 minutes ago, Nathan.Drake said:

Not bragging about India, but consistency is what speaks of class. 

India also used to thrash Bangladesh/Zimbabwe earlier and get thrashed by Australia often. That doesn't imply Indian team is class apart. We all know the condition of Sri Lankan team recently. So such performance was expected out of Australia against SL in their own backyard. 

Australia's performance in last 2 years

Tied Test series with Bangladesh 1-1

Lost to India 4-1 in ODI's

Won against England 4-0 in Tests

Lost 4-1 to England in ODI's

Won tri Series against England and NZ

Lost Test Series to SA 3-1 

Lost to England in ODI's 5-0

Lost the Tri Series to Pakistan   Bilateral ( test +t20)

Lost test series to Pakistan 3-0 1-0 (one was a draw, one of greatest ever in test cricket history)

Lost ODI Series to SA 2-1

Lost Test series to India 2-1

Lost ODI Series to India 2-1

In last 2 years they have just beaten England in Test and won just one tri series. Rest they have lost all the series. That doesn't speak class for a team. Though we all know what Australia is capable of doing. 

PS: Correct me if i have missed out any series or have put up wrong information. 

Plus we must keep in mind that Australia then was (and still is) in a reconstruction phase. Every team goes through that phase. And I wish to believe they are slowly coming out stronger.

If I recall correctly, BCCI vs Sl test series in 2017 was 1-0, with 2 tests drawn, being a home test. 

6 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

Plus we must keep in mind that Australia then was (and still is) in a reconstruction phase. Every team goes through that phase. And I wish to believe they are slowly coming out stronger.

If I recall correctly, BCCI vs Sl test series in 2017 was 1-0, with 2 tests drawn, being a home test. 

Yea my bad 

3-0 was t20 Series with Pakistan, test was 1-0. 

Also the tri series they lost to pakistan/Zimbabwe was t20 not ODI as mentioned by me. 

And yes no one is discounting the Australian team. Yes they are Good but not Great as they used to be. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nathan.Drake said:

Yea my bad 

3-0 was t20 Series with Pakistan, test was 1-0. 

Also the tri series they lost to pakistan/Zimbabwe was t20 not ODI as mentioned by me. 

And yes no one is discounting the Australian team. Yes they are Good but not Great as they used to be. 

I concur. A team with that class comes once in a generation, or maybe once in 2 generations anyways. 

On 2/4/2019 at 10:35 PM, radicaldude said:

I thoroughly enjoyed Australia's win over Sri Lanka. This is the kind of fiery dominance everyone expects from the Oz. I wonder if they even played with 1/10th of their present precision before, what would the result have been. Looks like a lot of players have found their rhythm again.  Man, Starc's bowling was looking downright scary. as they say, luck is temporary, class is permanent. 

Aussies defeating this SL side is merely a confidence booster. In no way one can term this win as dominance.