The Old Cricket Thread

vinitwins

WC T20  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

BC chal kya raha hai. Even our keeper cant catch? Didn't we pick him on the merit of being a safer pair of hands than Pant? What a pathetic schoolboy level fielding. Chutiyagiri ekdum. Should have bowled Australia out by now.

Sala bahar karo ye good for nothing Shaw ko. Na fielding hoti isse aur na hi batting. Isko agla Sachin bol rahe the :rofl: BC by the time Sachin was 21, he was bossing teams around the world.

16 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Shaw :rofl::majesty:. BC kya idiot player hai. And people were comparing him with the legendary sehwag. 

He is more like KL Rahul Elite Pro model from the last Aussie tour. :ranting:

I believe with bit of technical assistance he can improve pointing highlighted there is a flaw he should be sent back to domestic to improve then comeback after 7-8 months once this tour is ended. People do compare to sehwag nowadays than Tendulkar earlier but Sehwag was aggressive in batting and I believe shaw hasn't played quality bowling yet hence struggling.Gill on other hand looks more solid player though he may also not score big runs but he seems to have defence and ability to stay at wicket and in worst case if he gets out he won't turn out to meme. 

There is possibility that shubham gill and Prithvi shaw both could play next match depending upon Rohit availability. 

6 minutes ago, DinJo said:

I believe with bit of technical assistance he can improve pointing highlighted there is a flaw he should be sent back to domestic to improve then comeback after 7-8 months once this tour is ended. People do compare to sehwag nowadays than Tendulkar earlier but Sehwag was aggressive in batting and I believe shaw hasn't played quality bowling yet hence struggling.Gill on other hand looks more solid player though he may also not score big runs but he seems to have defence and ability to stay at wicket and in worst case if he gets out he won't turn out to meme. 

There is possibility that shubham gill and Prithvi shaw both could play next match depending upon Rohit availability. 

Its better to play jadeja in place of shaw & Open with Bumrah.. 

• Haha 2

Bumrah has a better defense than Shaw. I don't want to be too harsh on Shaw as he is just 21 and has time to rectify his game if he has the resolve for that.

We just need 250 total to defend in 4th innings. Barring catches dropped we should have a 100+ lead today.

Next match, Gill in for Shaw, Rahul in for Kohli but should bat at 5 and Rahane should bat at 4. Pant in for Saha. Hopefully we don't have any more selection blunders.

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

It is baffling that we managed to bowl out Australia within 200 after dropping so many catches. Doing this against the Australia of 2000s would have mean Game Over. Our selection in this match was pathetic. Bring in Gill as opener in place of Shaw, get KL at number 5 in place of Kohli and push Rahane to 4, get pant in since those 30-40 runs with tail would be crucial in this series where I do not see big scores since both teams have excellent bowling lineups. 

34 minutes ago, DinJo said:

Also Shane Warne very clearly bashed some of the umpiring decisions, Paul Reifell is probably one of the worst umpires of all time along with Asoka Dsilva 

BC Cooray has to be the worst of all time.

That dude literally gave run out decision without even looking and with confidence level 9000

Get Bumrah to open Batting in next match. Pretty sure he will last longer than Shaw and see off the new ball. :rofl: 

Also, see Aussies panicking due to pure shock. :bigyellowgrin:

Edited by ZooZoo

• AtheK changed the title to The Old Cricket Thread
  • AtheK locked this topic