The Old Cricket Thread

vinitwins

WC T20  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So, our team was humiliated and fans are seething with anger. Completely justified. 4-0 predictions are quite right to make at this moment by everyone. I don't expect Virat to stay back and he shouldn't, family should always come first and at the end of the day this is just a cricket game. Moreover he alone can't win matches.

Let's be honest. I am pissed, really pissed like all of you. But, this was one of the best fast bowling spells I have seen in my 30 years of watching test cricket. Credit where it is due. Aussies deserve this win.

By the way just heard Shami is out with fractured hand so his tour is done. All luck has deserted for the moment.

Now, what can be done. From 36 we can surely only go up now. First, the selections.
This would be my starting 11 next match barring injury.

1. Mayank
2. Gill
3. Pujara
4. Rahane
5. KL Rahul
6. Vihari
7. Pant
8. Ashwin/Jadeja ( depending on pitch)
9. Bumrah
10. Siraj/Natarajan
11. Umesh Yadav.

My club team got out for 79 few weeks back in a T20 match which is our lowest score till date. We were damn angry, embarrassed and frustrated. But, we bounced back in the next match.
To think just because these players are paid in millions they won't be hurting or not embarrassed is simply rubbish. These are proud professionals and they must be hurting more than all of us. I wish at this time we had a Gary Kirsten or John Wright to act as a father figure and lift the moral but what we have is a 'Go Smash them Boys' coach. Can't be helped.

We need someone like Sachin or Dravid or even Gavaskar to speak with the team and encourage them. Even Ganguly the BCCI head should speak with them and let them know it's ok. It's a game. sh*t happens. You fell down at times, how you get up is what matters. Show the spirit. Even if you lose the next game just give Aussies a real hard time.

Remember the monkey gate saga. The whole team was angry and showed a terrific performance next match in Perth where it was deemed impossible for India to win and still we won. 2001 series. Lost 1st test. Follow in second one and then epic Laxman and Dravid happened along with Bhajji magic. This is cricket. Strange things happen like today. Just don't give up.

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, harsh1387 said:

So, our team was humiliated and fans are seething with anger. Completely justified. 4-0 predictions are quite right to make at this moment by everyone. I don't expect Virat to stay back and he shouldn't, family should always come first and at the end of the day this is just a cricket game. Moreover he alone can't win matches.

Let's be honest. I am pissed, really pissed like all of you. But, this was one of the best fast bowling spells I have seen in my 30 years of watching test cricket. Credit where it is due. Aussies deserve this win.

By the way just heard Shami is out with fractured hand so his tour is done. All luck has deserted for the moment.

Now, what can be done. From 36 we can surely only go up now. First, the selections.

1. Mayank
2. Gill
3. Pujara
4. Rahane
5. KL Rahul
6. Vihari
7. Pant
9. Bumrah
10. Siraj/Natarajan
11. Umesh Yadav.

My club team got out for 79 few weeks back in a T20 match which is our lowest score till date. We were damn angry, embarrassed and frustrated. But, we bounced back in the next match.
To think just because these players are paid in millions they won't be hurting or not embarrassed is simply rubbish. These are proud professionals and they must be hurting more than all of us. I wish at this time we had a Gary Kirsten or John Wright to act as a father figure and lift the moral but what we have is a 'Go Smash them Boys' coach. Can't be helped.

We need someone like Sachin or Dravid or even Gavaskar to speak with the team and encourage them. Even Ganguly the BCCI head should speak with them and let them know it's ok. It's a game. sh*t happens. You fell down at times, how you get up is what matters. Show the spirit. Even if you lose the next game just give Aussies a real hard time.

Remember the monkey gate saga. The whole team was angry and showed a terrific performance next match in Perth where it was deemed impossible for India to win and still we won. 2001 series. Lost 1st test. Follow in second one and then epic Laxman and Dravid happened along with Bhajji magic. This is cricket. Strange things happen like today. Just don't give up.

The bigger question is what single malts the captain picks up on the way back home for the All-Conquering GOAT Coach on the way back home. 

As far as this one loss is concerned, fans have a right to be mighty upset. Warm-up matches hote hai you khelna nahi, nahi hote toh cry karna ki no practice. That and the myriad other issues that have come to hurt us time and again over and over repeatedly is what is infuriating. 

#SirResignationWhen for the drunk. 

2 hours ago, harsh1387 said:

1. Mayank
2. Gill
3. Pujara
4. Rahane
5. KL Rahul
6. Vihari
7. Pant
9. Bumrah
10. Siraj/Natarajan
11. Umesh Yadav.

I do not agree with the best fast bowling bit. There was nothing special. It was consistent bowling outside offstump and we just played bad shots. Except Puji, nobody got an unplayable ball. See this match if you want to see high quality unplayable deliveries 

They were at 21/9 at one stage but their tail got them to 46 unlike ours. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Black_Hawk said:

If anyone wants to watch NZ vs Pakistan T20 LIVE (since it's not being telecast on TV here in India I think):

Stream

Instead of this use a VPN and change location to France or Italy or Japan and view video on youtube official channel 

https://youtu.be/7gU-i__kHKA

Both David Warner and Sean Abbott have been ruled out of the Boxing Day Test against India with respective injuries. The pair will, however, rejoin the squad ahead of the third Test.

Warner has not yet fully recovered from a groin injury that he sustained in the ODI series against India, while Abbott has recovered from the calf strain he sustained during Australia A's warm-up game against India.

• AtheK changed the title to The Old Cricket Thread
  • AtheK locked this topic