Suggestions and feedback

SchizoidFreud

10 minutes ago, adity said:

It doesn't. There are strong personal property laws which is why Sony couldn't game publishers can't stop used game sales and why Netflix allows you to rent whatever the f**k in its disc subscription service. 

It's clearly written on the physical disc u purchased.

It's a different thing if u wanna contest about which law prevails over which law against Sony, in India. :mellow:

1 minute ago, HundredProofSam said:

problem is that there are security issues that can come up.

That's a risk which buyer and seller both have to agree upon before dealing. Atleast give the option to trade it. Imagine the happiness to play a AAA game at launch at half the price. :wOOtjumpy:

Doubt selling of Digital accounts will be allowed. Especially when there will be multiple owners and if someone changes the login details, no one can be held accountable. 

Let's start with the physical library first and see how that goes for now I guess. Maybe with the Digital PS5 launch, things will change.

26 minutes ago, Mizanurification said:

Doubt selling of Digital accounts will be allowed. Especially when there will be multiple owners and if someone changes the login details, no one can be held accountable. 

Not selling, Sharing. Password can't be changed without 2FA. But it's ok if risks is not worth the reward in admins opinion.

@HundredProofSamDo you think there is merit in having a list of games IVG library is accepting at this time? We can start with something short and increase the list as we move forward. Library staff/members can suggest or request new games to be added to the list. It would be a starting point for someone interested in joining the library to see what other members are interested in.

If not now, atleast in the future when the library has a decent catalog of games. Having a list will help new "library-eligible members" decide which games other members would like to see added to the library.

It would also be nice to link the OP of this thread in the IVG Game Library - Rules and Guidelines thread, it does need an edit as the links to the pictures are all dead. Some of the younger members can use the help on how to package a game and will avoid any damages of library games during shipping.

13 hours ago, Mizanurification said:

It's clearly written on the physical disc u purchased.

It's a different thing if u wanna contest about which law prevails over which law against Sony, in India. :mellow:

You can sell/share/lend physical disk. Nothing written on the disk or ToS prevents you from doing that. Sony themselves advertised this during E3 2013.

Sharing/selling digital account is against the ToS, but ToS is not the law and the most Sony can do is ban your account.

46 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

You can sell/share/lend physical disk. Nothing written on the disk or ToS prevents you from doing that. Sony themselves advertised this during E3 2013.

Sharing/selling digital account is against the ToS, but ToS is not the law and the most Sony can do is ban your account.

It's written "Resale and Rental are prohibited unless expressly authorised by SCEE." I'm just seeing from the marketing point of view, since "reselling" the same disk over and over again hampers overall sell.

PS: I get it that digital sharing is more restricted. But reselling game disc also falls in the grey area?

PS PS: Doubt sony gives a sh*t about the Indian second hand market. :P

Edited by Mizanurification

7 minutes ago, Mizanurification said:

It's written "Resale and Rental are prohibited unless expressly authorised by SCEE." I'm just seeing from the marketing point of view, since "reselling" the same disk over and over again hampers overall sell.

PS: I get it that digital sharing is more restricted. But reselling game disc also falls in the grey area?

PS PS: Doubt sony gives a sh*t about the Indian second hand market. :P

That is just an old legal term they put in EU territories as blanket statement. You only find that on PAL disks, not US or JPN ones. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Can we have a rule limiting the maximum number of threads a person can have active at a time, or something to that effect.

Currently the guy 'imemyslf' has like a BILLION threads in TP and bumps them up all together which kinds sort of spams the feed.

I noticed that too, but I don't think its worth making a rule over. Doesn't seem to be a recurring problem. Only one guy right now and happened only once. 
Makes sense actually, usually it was limited to like 5 posts but it could be a pain point if several people start doing the same.

• 2 weeks later...

@HundredProofSam @AtheK @Joe Cool@Assassins Creed  Im trying to reset my password on my other phone. However not recieving any mail on the registered email. Have checked all folders. Can you please check if the reset feature is disabled accidentally. 

Edited by playstationdude

On 9/5/2020 at 5:01 PM, playstationdude said:

Im trying to reset my password on my other phone. However not recieving any mail on the registered email. Have checked all folders. Can you please check if the reset feature is disabled accidentally. 

I don't think mods have this force send reset password mail option. I can only manually change your password for you. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HundredProofSam said:

Yeah what Joe said. We could reset it for you and send you the password, then you can log in and change it. Not sure why you’re not getting the emails though.

Thanks Sam. Joe helped me reset it manually. 

Yeah even I have no idea why I'm not reccieving reset mails. Tried it multiple times.

Just now, Snake said:

Can we increase the image upload limit, 500kb is very low

and while we are at this, any chance of having an increase to avatar size :fear1: 

but if it going to affect the forum performance in any way, would not want it.