Playstation Network Store

KnackChap

onAXIS: Thoughts on the Network

The PlayStation Store has been quite pleasing lately, we've been receiving the same demos as our other console friend, receiving 3-5 demos a week. Things are going good. But here are the last thoughts that need to be looked upon for the PlayStation Network, Sony, and the PlayStation 3.

PLAYSTATION Network

. Keep Bringing in them 4-5 Demos a Week. Even 3 would be good.

. Don't update only on Thursday, that gives us a long to wait, constant updates like Live would be nice. That way, instead of having to wait so long, we will come on one day and say "Hey, look, a new demo" or "Hey, new behind the scenes."

. We have a feature to be able and play PSone games on our PLAYSTATION 3's. Why has Sony not token advantage of that? We haven't gotten a PSone update on the store in very long. What about all those old games we used to know and love? Why not bring out FF VII, VIII, IX, and Tactics? Why not bring out Chrono Trigger (FF Chronicles)? Why not bring out Metal Gear Solid? Why not even bring out Sonic the Hedgehog as a retro title like the Wii & 360 does? That would be good for buisness.

. More behind the scenes, and community content, game trailers, gameplay and such, with new videos per day. Get a lot of third party support.

What ever happened to these?:

1447649210_f1a2b9c55c_o.jpg1447649050_93ddeee071_o.jpg

1447648892_7c29a15f64_o.jpg1446794393_3d1d0be332_o.jpg

These were all features shown at some big event. They never were on the final PLAYSTATION 3. These features include in-game messaging, cross-game invites, chat-rooms, and voice chat. This could all be possible with in-game XMB.

Firmware 2.00

In firmware 2.00, include an update were the old PlayStation Store gets removed and it installs a new PlayStation Store that is not on a web page and is easier to access archived content and such, with a newer sleeker design.

In firmware 2.00, give us that themes update that the PSP got, and make themes downloadable from the PlayStation Store, along with something that lets you make your own.

SONY (The Video Game Company)

- If you watch TV, you won't see an advertisement for Heavenly Sword, Warhawk or Lair. Sony never advertises, I never see any more PS3 Game commercials. I seen them around the PS3 launch, but not anymore. While I've seen many Halo 3 commercials and such.

- Sony is not good with third-parties nowadays =[. It's funny how people say "360 pays off for exclusives". Okay, Sony, why not you? As long as we are getting a good game, right? Get some more third-party exclusives. Sony may have a list of over 150 exclusives (which I made). But I can guarantee you only two or three are going to get over a nine out of ten.

PLAYSTATION 3 Interface

- On the XMB, under game, we need to get more organized, to much can overcrowd the game section. Add three more options "PSone Classics" where all the downloaded PSone games go, and "Downloadable Games" where games like Calling All Cars! and High Stakes on the Vegas Strip go, and then "Demos" where all the game demo downloads go.

Anyway, as you can see, the PlayStation Network has come a long way, and with a few minor patches as mentioned above, it could be the ultimate online platform.

http://n4g.com/ClickOut.aspx?ObjID=70614

Weekly update for US PSN (28/09/07) :

Demos :

• Clive Barker’s Jericho -> 821 MB

• NBA 2K8 > 287 MB

We also have a couple more add-ons. The first is a new vehicle for MotorStorm. This vehicle, the “Castro Capitano,” is not offered in any other MotorStorm bundle, and it’s only $0.99. There’s also a new Speed Master add-on for Ninja Gaiden Sigma.

As usual, we released more game videos and movie trailers:

• NBA 08 Upside Progression System tutorial

• Eye of Judgement Overview

• Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock trailer

• Iron Man trailer

• We Own the Night trailer

Enjoy

yep sagkv even im getting corrupted downloads all the time.

i even let it download some 11 mb of fifa08 before i made it perform in background.

even though i did all that, when the download was finished or whatever - i dont know what happened here but,

it was in the game section on th xmb as ready to install. but when i tried to install it said some error coed.

after that i checked out the file size and it said 6 KB !!

DAMN

thats it for now

@sag:

What did you download from psn?

One thing you have to know is that, when downloading whatever it is from psn, if your internet gets disconnected or there's a power cut in between in the end that data you downloaded will be corupted. I know it sucks big, 'cause it happened to me once when i was downloading the Tony Hawk demo which was around 1.5 GB and at 1.3 GB the stupid power went off :thumbsup: and i had to restart from the beginning again.

Anyways let me know if you're facing the same situation here.

Cheers.

@sag:

One thing you have to know is that, when downloading whatever it is from psn, if your internet gets disconnected or there's a power cut in between in the end that data you downloaded will be corupted. I know it sucks big, 'cause it happened to me once when i was downloading the Tony Hawk demo which was around 1.5 GB and at 1.3 GB the stupid power went off :blink: and i had to restart from the beginning again.

Cheers.

No, the problem is not that I am getting corrupted data for small files also like movie trailers which are only 15mb and was there in front of my tv for the entire download,if you want to check this out try downloading a trailer from the psn store and let me know from which store US or UK i am receiving errors from both stores

@sag:

One thing you have to know is that, when downloading whatever it is from psn, if your internet gets disconnected or there's a power cut in between in the end that data you downloaded will be corupted. I know it sucks big, 'cause it happened to me once when i was downloading the Tony Hawk demo which was around 1.5 GB and at 1.3 GB the stupid power went off :blink: and i had to restart from the beginning again.

Cheers.

No, the problem is not that I am getting corrupted data for small files also like movie trailers which are only 15mb and was there in front of my tv for the entire download,if you want to check this out try downloading a trailer from the psn store and let me know from which store US or UK i am receiving errors from both stores

Well i've downloaded a few trailers from both stores and no prob for me.

Or like KC said try formatting your HDD but save whatever you data you have 1st.

Yeah scrap that Sag my bad :)

Btw if you have the official ps3 then get it replaced, otherwise swap your hdd. A normal laptop hdd will do but there are certain specifications and manufacturers you have to go for.

If you google it, you'll which hdd brand to go for.

Playstation Store Update for Oct 4, US PSN

Games:

Go! Sports Ski (2.99 US) - Go! Sports Ski is a visually stunning, skiing simulator that harnesses the

SIXAXIS controller.

Demos:

The Simpsons demo

Bladestorm: The Hundred Years’ War demo

Tutorials:

NBA 08 key control play calling tutorial video

Eye of Judgment tutorial video

Other video:

Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune BTS

Haze Dev interview

Tekkonkinkreet video

Surf’s Up BD trailer

I'll be probably download the trailer for Uncharted and Surf's Up. Loved the movie :)

Archived