Alan Wake

SchizoidFreud

the graphics and the atmosphere are simply jawdropping - but flashlight weapons, seriously? George Lucas thought of it 30 years ago and it still looks better.

but the engine can render some amazing stuff

the graphics and the atmosphere are simply jawdropping - but flashlight weapons, seriously? George Lucas thought of it 30 years ago and it still looks better.

but the engine can render some amazing stuff

ya the engine looks like it was made with some really big projects in the mind.....

I caught the HD version of the E3 gameplay demo yesterday and I must say, that this game is heavily inspired by Silent Hill 2.

The graphics engine is ZOMFG amazing. The lighting effects, the color shifts, the embers on the enemies when hit with the flashlight and the draw distance are simply fantastic.

The vehicles coming to life genuinely gave me the creeps.

it should .. they took so bloody long to develop it ... it was the first project after their max payne series games.... and if they take 7 years to make a game... it should be perfection... or else a complete waste

it should .. they took so bloody long to develop it ... it was the first project after their max payne series games.... and if they take 7 years to make a game... it should be perfection... or else a complete waste

:wOOtjumpy:

Too Human

^^ if u discount the sue-ing and counter-sue ing ,platform switch , engine switch .. then actual developement time was not really that long.

but AW came dangerously close to being DukeNukemForever with no show for so long

half life 2 says Hi! .. it came after a agonizingly long wait of 6 yrs ..

I think the game is like Alone In The Dark But Gameplay will be 1000% better than that surely i wuill get it it will be one of the best game of the year

Well now that you brought it up... I couldn't help but get an "Alone In The Dark" vibe from the gameplay video.

• 3 weeks later...

AtomicGamer's preview of Alan Wake

Thankfully, being equipped with the aforementioned light sources will ensure you (and Alan) don't soil your shorts. Alan has a flashlight, and simply shining it on his attackers makes them vulnerable. Once weakened, he can utilize a variety of more traditional death-dealers—guns, melee weapons—to finish the job. The inventiveness, though, comes from the “light” weapons more than the shotguns and fire axes; not everything has unlimited power, so you'll have to conserve energy and get creative when unleashing light on Alan's attackers. Flares are highly effective but don't last long. Generators connected to floodlights are also powerful, but must be cranked before they can bathe baddies in their blinding glow. There's also a variety of more traditional light sources, from lanterns to vehicles' headlights, that'll aid you in ridding Bright Falls of its nighttime menaces. The challenge is in finding these sources, conserving their limited power, and knowing when to switch from a light-based weapon to a traditional killer. You'll have plenty of targets to experiment on, though, as my short demo saw everything from crazed townsfolk to bulldozers come at Alan with every thing they had.

Interesting. Reminds me of the camera mechanics of Fatal Frame.

The game seems to be more action-oriented than I initially thought it would be. :P

Not a good thing.

I'm not surprised. Every game nowadays tries to cater to a broader audience. Not a bad thing, in times of recession, can't expect the studios to take risks.

Next thing you'll know Alan Wake will have MP :P