Sign in to follow this  
SchizoidFreud

Alan Wake

...and done. Bought the franchise.

...and done. Bought the franchise.

Same here..Entire Franchise pack added to the library :D

Just so sad :( , so glad had got the disc.

+1 glad i got the disc

Not a huge fan of this game but honestly at 100~rs or whatever it is going for right now, you should get it just to barrel through on easy and enjoy the story and the setting.

I'm going to replay this right now. Just finished Andromeda, so might as well fire this up. It's been 7 years since I last played it. I played it non-stop when it first launched and that was on the 360. Now this will be like a fresh experience (almost) with the bumped up visuals and 60 frames. :D

It's a pretty good game with a decent enough story, not as scary as I expected though. But the whole Stephen King, small town America vibe is pretty strong. Looked amazing back then too.

Also Mr. Scratch is awesome.

I've it for both my xbox 360 and PC (steam), considering my x360 discs are nowhere to be found, I guess the only option is to play on steam .... i remember starting the game, being amazed at the graphics for a while and just switching it off lol !

Edited by Ne0

Finished the first chapter. Doing a 100% collectibles run. The game struggles in 4K on my card, so had to switch back to 1080p, but dam it still looks so amazing, even after so many years. One thing I instantly noticed how poor the character's lip-sync was in this game. This is something I overlooked initially as I was consumed by the hype. But the whole atmosphere holds up so well, I'm actually stunned by the water effects rendered in this game. The initial scenes overlooking Cauldron lake looks absolutely gorgeous. And how can I miss those Night Springs episodes. Just wish there was a way to view them from the menu as well.

doesn't matter once the game is removed from steam it will stay in your library for ever if you have purchased it

This was the only game which forced me to buy 360

Well this and halo :P

Remedy are masters when it comes to graphics and visual effects. They did bloody amazing work with quantum break.

I got an itch to play AW again, will give it another playthrough.

Remedy are masters when it comes to graphics and visual effects. They did bloody amazing work with quantum break.

I got an itch to play AW again, will give it another playthrough.

Yep, Quantum Break looked amazing in (slow) motion. And the way Alan Wake's enemies burst into flames was pretty satisfying.

And let's not forget Max Payne. My jaw dropped when I first triggered bullet-time in that game back in 2001.

Yeah, the bullet casings falling off, burst of weapons, max's coat, etc looked brilliant in motion. Even today Max payne 2 looks amazing with such a detailed enviornment and great physics. Both games were way ahead of their time.

Max Payne 2 was so ahead of its time.I was re-playing the game last year didn't feel like I was playing more than a decade old game!

Max Payne 1 and 2 are my favorite games of all time. Played both of them with so many mods. Nothing can match that experience.

Kung-fu mod and the Ultimate Matrix mod!

I remember the Matrix mod. He would throw the guns and take out new ones instead of reloading them.

I love Remedy's work, own all the Max Payne games and Alan Wake CE too. It's handsdown the best CE ever, for me.

...Alan Wakey go sleepy sleepy!!

alanwakejpg-985bed_1280w.jpg

I remember the Matrix mod. He would throw the guns and take out new ones instead of reloading them.

Gabriel Reyez inspired by Max Payne.

tenor.gif

I love Remedy's work, own all the Max Payne games and Alan Wake CE too. It's handsdown the best CE ever, for me.

Yep, I have the CE too. Love all the extras it has.

• Like 1