Sign in to follow this  
SchizoidFreud

Alan Wake

The E3 AW show was awesome ............Sound, Graphics, Gameplaywise!!!

BUT......something can be done about the flashlight alan is holding.......if it was any other game....i wouldn't have said anything but cause this is a darkness oriented game the flashlight should be perfect!!!( remember Doom 3):

.....the central beam is too intense .....or should i say there is not much of the secondary beam....dont get me wrong when the light falls on any surface everything is great( its just the beam)

Edited by strategy

The E3 AW show was awesome ............Sound, Graphics, Gameplaywise!!!

BUT......something can be done about the flashlight alan is holding.......if it was any other game....i wouldn't have said anything but cause this is a darkness oriented game the flashlight should be perfect!!!( remember Doom 3):

.....the central beam is too intense .....or should i say there is not much of the secondary beam....dont get me wrong when the light falls on any surface everything is great( its just the beam)

The strong central beam was intentionally made to act like a targeting reticule because if it was a more spread out beam, it would have been easier for the player, which is bad for a action thriller. just my thoughts. :rofl:

The strong central beam was intentionally made to act like a targeting reticule because if it was a more spread out beam, it would have been easier for the player, which is bad for a action thriller. just my thoughts. :naughty:

i see your point but the beam must be complete.....

....and also it looked to me like only(not strong) beam......the surrounding beam was absent !!(((....some what)

this is what i mean

fenixl110beam2.jpg

WOah,we can use that to signal them ET's!!!

WOah,we can use that to signal them ET's!!!

lol..

the surrounding beams were engulfed by the darkness :P

the graphics and the atmosphere are simply jawdropping - but flashlight weapons, seriously? George Lucas thought of it 30 years ago and it still looks better.

but the engine can render some amazing stuff

hey any link for the video which was showcased?

EDIT: oh ok...got the vids on the previous page.

Edited by blackheart2925

the graphics and the atmosphere are simply jawdropping - but flashlight weapons, seriously? George Lucas thought of it 30 years ago and it still looks better.

but the engine can render some amazing stuff

ya the engine looks like it was made with some really big projects in the mind.....

^^what...........project alan wake isn't big enough!!??

I caught the HD version of the E3 gameplay demo yesterday and I must say, that this game is heavily inspired by Silent Hill 2.

The graphics engine is ZOMFG amazing. The lighting effects, the color shifts, the embers on the enemies when hit with the flashlight and the draw distance are simply fantastic.

The vehicles coming to life genuinely gave me the creeps.

I caught the HD version of the E3 gameplay demo yesterday and I must say, that this game is heavily inspired by Silent Hill 2.

OMG YES!! :D

I think the game is like Alone In The Dark But Gameplay will be 1000% better than that surely i wuill get it it will be one of the best game of the year

it should .. they took so bloody long to develop it ... it was the first project after their max payne series games.... and if they take 7 years to make a game... it should be perfection... or else a complete waste

Long development cycles have rarely given us great games but with Remedy at the helm, I still have faith in this.

Long development cycles have rarely given us great games but with Remedy at the helm, I still have faith in this.

Yup, u r right.. There are some studios u cant go wrong with, and Remedy is one of them.

it should .. they took so bloody long to develop it ... it was the first project after their max payne series games.... and if they take 7 years to make a game... it should be perfection... or else a complete waste

:wOOtjumpy:

Too Human

^^ if u discount the sue-ing and counter-sue ing ,platform switch , engine switch .. then actual developement time was not really that long.

but AW came dangerously close to being DukeNukemForever with no show for so long

half life 2 says Hi! .. it came after a agonizingly long wait of 6 yrs ..