XBL FAQ 2.0

vinitwins

i'm waiting for xbl india's launch to rock my world

i still dont get the fuss about xbox live *india* --- i mean yes, MS india should have provided the service at launch (but they waited to set up an installed base before promising --& still not delivering-- the service) --- our multiplayer gaming wont get any better (unless you choose to play with only local players or the game's matchmaking service is set to lock out other regions).

the only advantage (for the consumer/gamer) is that of ACCESSIBILITY - you will be able to buy marketplace points & the subscriptions directly from MS (now you have to resort to ordering them off ebay or some grey market dealer) = more indian gamers moving online eventually

MS has still not confirmed whether we'll have access to *all* the NEW demos (they are region locked as per their release schedule) and video marketplace will definitely not makes its way (at least not US content, maybe some bollywood & local content tie-ins will happen eventually)

the only thing that will happen for sure is MS india will get a chance to rave about their LIVE service (which they cant do as of now, as it's not been launched, even though the core gamers are using it anyways)

ps: i for one will stick with my US GT (renewing it off ebay) and make another indian GT to buy marketplace content (if there is anything worthwhile being offered)

pps: if you already have a XBL GOLD account (UK/US/etc) - stick with it. you can buy/download/access indian marketplace content using a FREE SILVER account/gamertag (however you *might* need to purchase marketplace points locally as your international GT and/or points might not work with indian/local content)

-----------------------------

Oh blasted Indian Internet!!! So if i upgrade my internet speed upto 600Kbps....will it increase the Live performance??

there are a number of factors to consider:

1. bandwidth that a game requires - so if a large team battle actually requires a faster connection, then yes upgrading to a 512kbps will have a positive effect on gameplay - currently only forge and replay theater game modes (taking halo3 as an example) require a faster connection than 256kbps

2. ping rate/latency - this is THE problem area for action games (basically the time a packet takes to make a roundtrip). so if you're playing against someone with a better ping rate (to the host) than you, expect to become cannon fodder (if your skills are equal). The only solution is to make sure that the host has a decent connection and all/most players connected to the host have decent ping rates (green bar)

3. NAT strictness - this doesnt affect the gameplay, but WILL affect matchmaking ie. who can connect to your hosted game, whether you can communicate with the other person on voice, etc. THE HOST IDEALLY NEEDS TO HAVE AN OPEN NAT or else expect various connection issues...

-----------------------------

guys wer to change the nat to open?

it's not a simple on/off setting BUT is dependent on a few factors:

1. port forwarding OR DMZ OR UNPNP vs closed firewall

2. static IP address

3. having compatible networking equipment

4. hoping that your ISP is not blocking any ports used by XBL/the game you are playing or running any packet filtering on traffic passing through their networks (induces all sorts of problems from lag to not being able to connect)

and now the kicker, even all this is not a guarantee that your nat will be open for full XBL masti :lol:

V

would need details on how you've networked your 360, but check with some forum members with MTNL connections if they have a moderate nat - coz it's possible your ISP is blocking ports or filtering packets which is out of your hands...

V

I have the ADSL Triband connection. The ADSL router is hooked up to my wireless router. My wireless router acts like a gateway to my desktop PC, which is turn acts like a gateway to my X360.

In short:

ADSL Router --> Wireless Router --> Desktop PC --> X360. The last leg is thru a network cable.

does your 360 have a static ip on your subnet?

have you configured all the XBL port forwards properly?

your wireless router should have rj45 ports - why dont you hook up your 360 directly to it and set its IP under a DMZ zone (no firewall)?

V

^ tried hooking up the adsl router diectly to the 360 as well?

V

ps: does this adsl modem/router offer any kind of configuration - perhaps an admin panel that you can access via a browser?

MT try typing 192.168.0.1 in your browser, default username will be admin and password will be password, unless you've changed it, then once this is successful try setting the LAN IP of the 360 to DMZ.

If you have netgear. Go to WAN Setup and in that page select, you will find two options. Secured and Open. Select Open.

Just so you know, i am currently using "secured" and NAT works fine for me.

By the way i have a 300kbps Airtel line and its working fine with all kinds of games . I haven't experienced any kind of lagg in any of the games

Here's what I suggest, you must be having a main phone line split into one for ADSL and one for a phone, take the line going to the ADSL modem and instead insert it into the router, then connect the 360 as well as your PC through RJ 45's...assign your PC and your 360 a specific static internal IP and set the 360 as DMZ, port forward and turn uPnP on.

AND go to uPnP and tick turn uPnP on and forward the following ports-

UDP-88

UDP-3074

TCP-3074

After all this it has GOT to be working fine.

Either of them will work. In my case i have simply enabled uPnP instead of forwarding ports and it works fine.

By the way is Xbox Live coming to India in Oct ? I have a trial card of 1 month that someone was kind enough to give me. I don't wanna use it because my exams are starting. If Xbox Live launches in Oct, then i can start using it now

• 2 weeks later...

Archived