Gaming PCs

AtheK

One month warranty is useless in your usage scenario. Is it a second-hand piece (seems like so).

Also, performance comparison between the two processors.

Please note that if you get the older processor, you will be tied into older hardware so future upgrades like RAM, better CPU's etc will be more expensive and comprehensive.

• Like 1

One month warranty is useless in your usage scenario. Is it a second-hand piece (seems like so).

Also, performance comparison between the two processors.

Please note that if you get the older processor, you will be tied into older hardware so future upgrades like RAM, better CPU's etc will be more expensive and comprehensive.

Thanks bro :-)

• 3 weeks later...

Guys, kindly suggest me some good gaming laptop in 50k budget.

- must allow very smooth multi tasking

- Asus preferably (any other brands are welcome too)

- am more concerned about heating issue (palm rest has to be cool even after hours of using)

Thanks a lot in advance.

You would not get a good gaming laptop in that budget Sir.

At best you will get a respectable unit for low setting gaming and regular day-to-day works.

Thanks for your reply. What is the price you suggest to get a good gaming laptop? and kindly recommend some good gaming laptops in that budget. Thanks once again.

Hello Folks

I recently joined your forum I'm convinced I'm asking the right people for advice.

A mid-aged guy now, I'm looking to get back into PC gaming after 10 years. I play mostly RTS, Turn-Based and MMORPG.

I'm not convinced my chosen configuration is correct - Amazon Saved List - budget is 60-65k INR.

Any advice would be most helpful. Thanks.

- ramappa

Edited by ramappa

People have warned against Corsair PSUs. Look at Seasonic instead. If 970 is in your budget then get the 1060 instead.the 3gb one is almost same price and the 6gb card is like 3k more.

Thanks, I'll take a look at Seasonic and 1080. Does the rest look ok? I know the AMD stuff is a few years old but cheaper than Intel.

^ Logitech MK345 combo has very small size mouse. With only 2 buttons and wheel. I would not recommend if your focus is on MMO and RTS. Get a proper gaming mouse like Logitech G402 / 400s instead.

Also for the config which you require, Seasonic S12II / M12II 520 Watts will be pretty good option for PSU.

If you are not looking to play recent games on ultra / high settings, wait for GTX 1050 - and it's bench result. Compare with equivalent offering from ATI. And make the decision. If you are looking not to change GPU for next 2-3 years, GTX 1060 is perfect choice. Get a 6GB variant instead of 3GB. A bit more future proof.

I'm not convinced my chosen configuration is correct - Amazon Saved List - budget is 60-65k INR.

Hey man, welcome to the forums.

Are you restricted to Amazon to purchase your PC components from?

If not, can you please share where you stay so we can help you with more local options if possible.

Also, your PC is pretty decent but I would suggest you look at the following changes in the build,

PSU -- get a Seasonic M12II 520W / 620W unit if possible

GPU -- swap out the GTX970 for a GTX1060 or AMD RX480

Motherboard -- look at the ASUS M5A97R2.0 series board

Chassis -- look at the Cooler Master MasterBox 5

SSD -- ZOTAC! SSD

Hope this helps, Cheers!

^ Logitech MK345 combo has very small size mouse. With only 2 buttons and wheel. I would not recommend if your focus is on MMO and RTS. Get a proper gaming mouse like Logitech G402 / 400s instead.

Also for the config which you require, Seasonic S12II / M12II 520 Watts will be pretty good option for PSU.

If you are not looking to play recent games on ultra / high settings, wait for GTX 1050 - and it's bench result. Compare with equivalent offering from ATI. And make the decision. If you are looking not to change GPU for next 2-3 years, GTX 1060 is perfect choice. Get a 6GB variant instead of 3GB. A bit more future proof.

Got it. Thanks. Regarding the mouse, I don't mind the size because my hands are small'ish. The Logitech M185 has worked great for many years. But you're right, a bigger mouse makes sense.

Hey man, welcome to the forums.

Are you restricted to Amazon to purchase your PC components from?

If not, can you please share where you stay so we can help you with more local options if possible.

Also, your PC is pretty decent but I would suggest you look at the following changes in the build,

PSU -- get a Seasonic M12II 520W / 620W unit if possible

GPU -- swap out the GTX970 for a GTX1060 or AMD RX480

Motherboard -- look at the ASUS M5A97R2.0 series board

Chassis -- look at the Cooler Master MasterBox 5

SSD -- ZOTAC! SSD

Hope this helps, Cheers!

Thanks for the welcome and suggestions. I live in Hyderabad. And no, I'm not restricted to Amazon. I just find it easier to shop in one place. Please do share local options if available. No worries if you can't.

Not sure if I'm over compensating my rig, considering that RTS is simpler in rendering when compared to FPS. Or maybe I'm behind the times lol.

TBS - Civilization, XCOM, Endless Legend
RTS - DOTA, Dawn of War
RPG - Divinity: Original Sin, Pillars of Eternity, Diablo
MMORPG - Guild Wars 
FPS - Borderlands, Skyrim
Classics - AoM, AoE, Warcraft III, NOLF, Wolfenstein etc.

I think you get my taste. I'll be buying sequels of most of them.

^ CTC Parklane is best place to buy Computer components at Hyderabad/Sec'bad. Shweta Peripherals and Arun computers are well know stores there. Bargain hard there.

If Parklane - Sec'bad is far, Check out Various stores at Maitrivanam - Ameerpet.

Got it. Thanks. Regarding the mouse, I don't mind the size because my hands are small'ish. The Logitech M185 has worked great for many years. But you're right, a bigger mouse makes sense.

Thanks for the welcome and suggestions. I live in Hyderabad. And no, I'm not restricted to Amazon. I just find it easier to shop in one place. Please do share local options if available. No worries if you can't.

Not sure if I'm over compensating my rig, considering that RTS is simpler in rendering when compared to FPS. Or maybe I'm behind the times lol.

The mouse size is not the matter, you said you would be playing MMO's which require multiple key(s) for queueing the various actions of player characters that is why you were suggested devices which had them. Rest is your choice.

If you are in Hyderabad. I would suggest you visit CTC-Parklane (Secunderabad) at-least once to look up the prices as KJD suggested, Amazon prices will definitely be higher and your choices will be curtailed by the options listed up.

No such thing, the whole RTS is a simpler genre of games (w.r.t. graphics) has gone out the window with titles like CoH and follow on releases.

Hope this helps, Cheers!

The mouse size is not the matter, you said you would be playing MMO's which require multiple key(s) for queueing the various actions of player characters that is why you were suggested devices which had them. Rest is your choice.

Interesting. I've always mapped my actions to keyboard. Will check it out. Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

HELP A N00B w/ his First PC!

Alright, never built a PC myself. Last time I used a desktop was probably a decade ago and bought it from my neighbours and who knows what the *bleep* they did.

I am new to this PC building world and even though most people say it's easy to do so yourself, I wouldn't mind paying someone 5k if they can do it immaculately themselves (MVP gaming will refer to this later)

I have always been good with tech and I have disassembled multiple laptops and phones and other items like Ipods etc to clean, thermal paste em etc etc. Is this enough experience to attempt a PC build?

I have no idea about the difference about a i7-6700K vs an i5-6600. Basic logic would say the higher the number the better, but apparently for a person like me that only games, uses only Sony Vegas and has multiple applications open, including multiple tabs on Chrome at a time, I still only need a i5 6600 for my use?

I don't understand which is better 16gb at 1333MHz or 8 @ 3200. How do I know if they are compatible with my motherboard and processor or not?

What tower should I be using and are all towers compatible with all motherboards/other parts?

What's the difference b/w a 7200 RPM 1 tb barracuda sata 6gb/s VS

How are the chances of Dead on Arrival items when ordering to put together parts yourself. How does a beginner even find out if the part is DOA or if he installed it wrong?

This guy from MVP suggested me an i5 6600 instead of a 6700 i7 for the uses mentioned above. He also suggests going for a powerful GPU and ram for my needs 16gb should be enough acccording to him.

He is the one that mentions that 1/5 parts being delivered from online portals are DOA. If I DO go for getting a custom rig built by these guys. How much should I expect someone to charge for the same? They say about 6k would be the charge.

HELP A N00B w/ his First PC!

Alright, never built a PC myself. Last time I used a desktop was probably a decade ago and bought it from my neighbours and who knows what the *bleep* they did.

I am new to this PC building world and even though most people say it's easy to do so yourself, I wouldn't mind paying someone 5k if they can do it immaculately themselves (MVP gaming will refer to this later) Do it yourself.5K for assembling a PC is scammery :rofl: at the most they should ask for 200-300 lol

I have always been good with tech and I have disassembled multiple laptops and phones and other items like Ipods etc to clean, thermal paste em etc etc. Is this enough experience to attempt a PC build? Yes,just see some tutorials on youtube

I have no idea about the difference about a i7-6700K vs an i5-6600. Basic logic would say the higher the number the better, but apparently for a person like me that only games, uses only Sony Vegas and has multiple applications open, including multiple tabs on Chrome at a time, I still only need a i5 6600 for my use? If you use Sony Vegas for professional use then i7 is a good investment,else save monies and get I5

I don't understand which is better 16gb at 1333MHz or 8 @ 3200. How do I know if they are compatible with my motherboard and processor or not? 16 GB Lelo.If your motherboard supports DDR4 or DDR3 it depends. 6th gen I5's and I7's and their Mobos use DDR4 ram tho

What tower should I be using and are all towers compatible with all motherboards/other parts?

What's the difference b/w a 7200 RPM 1 tb barracuda sata 6gb/s VS

How are the chances of Dead on Arrival items when ordering to put together parts yourself. How does a beginner even find out if the part is DOA or if he installed it wrong? I Ordered all of me parts online and none was DOA.Just make sure you have the bills/receipts for warranty purposes

This guy from MVP suggested me an i5 6600 instead of a 6700 i7 for the uses mentioned above. He also suggests going for a powerful GPU and ram for my needs 16gb should be enough acccording to him.

He is the one that mentions that 1/5 parts being delivered from online portals are DOA. If I DO go for getting a custom rig built by these guys. How much should I expect someone to charge for the same? They say about 6k would be the charge.

~snip~

Assembling a PC is not difficult. And no one should charge you 5000/- for assembling a PC in this day and age unless they are referring you to a hooker while they assemble it.

How often are you going to use editing software like SONY Vegas Pro?

Whoever told you that a fifth of the parts you ordered online are DoA are living in 2010 when flipkart just started stocking PC peripherals on their side.

Where do you live in Delhi? Can you travel to Nehru Place and have your PC assembled from there? I can help you with this part if interested. Cheers! =]

Finally what is your total budget and what is your usage for the PC?

Edited by ALPHA17

Assembling a PC is not difficult. And no one should charge you 5000/- for assembling a PC in this day and age unless they are referring you to a hooker while they assemble it.

How often are you going to use editing software like SONY Vegas Pro?

Whoever told you that a fifth of the parts you ordered online are DoA are living in 2010 when flipkart just started stocking PC peripherals on their side.

Where do you live in Delhi? Can you travel to Nehru Place and have your PC assembled from there? I can help you with this part if interested. Cheers! =]

Finally what is your total budget and what is your usage for the PC?

Hey I too am looking to build a pc preferably with i5 since im looking for moderate media multitasking purpose , now I already have a pc 6-7 yrs old so do you recommend going for a laptop or build my own pc

Budgets around 30-35k

If laptop is the way the. Black friday sale is just round the corner