Gaming PCs

AtheK

guys i have ati 5870 looking to upgrade to 6950 2gb.seeing from the reviews 6950 is roughly 5 percent better then 5870.so is it worth upgrading to 6950?? also i will be playing at full HD with max AA and very high settings does the 2gb comes into play? plus minimum fps also matters

btw i may try to unlock it to 6970.can guys suggest me which version to buy for unlocking.also once its unlocked how much will the temp and power consumption increase will it be equal to 6970 or even more hotter??

"Worth upgrading" is a very objective term. If you are a graphic wh*re and would pay anything for a marginally FPS & a rep to boast, then go for it by all means.

As for how to unlock & which cards work, check out TechpowerUp .. They have a listing of all brands at the end & how many of their cards work without a glitch.

XtremeSystem Forums

Overclocking Forums

genreally if one card is running at 60 fps and another at 120 fps with no AA and medium settings it doesnt matter.

but at same time one card running 25 and another 30 with max settings it makes huge defference to naked eye

problem is at most of the reviews they don't run with max settings and AA turned on.also minimum fps is huge factor.if it keeps on running with 60 fps suddenly drops to 15 fps on a explosion scene it sucks big time

Edited by ΨΨ babloos ΨΨ

Damn graphics cards are overpriced here considering the CPUs are close to US retail prices.. 560 is about $250 in US.

250 + taxes ~ Nearly comes to 280$

which is still like 2.5 - 3k expensive but i guess the rates are much better then a few years back, and things can just get better from here.

1gb version...i got it from local computer store....if 13k is the mrp thn i got a deal ahhh :naughty: i know the shop owner...he is my good friend...and they usually get huge profit on the cards...but when i bought it he told me he got 0 profit out of this deal...

@buzz light year :hug:i like this smiley thats why :naughty:

^ Im also from Delhi. Which shop is it?Maybe he can give me a discount too when i build a rig :naughty:

+1

me want to know as well :naughty:

:rofl:

I thought the factory OC was somewhere around 800-850mhz (from stock 675) and user could further OC it to just above 900mhz. Which car does 1Ghz?

honestly no car does 1 Gz :rofl: :rofl:

250 + taxes ~ Nearly comes to 280$

which is still like 2.5 - 3k expensive but i guess the rates are much better then a few years back, and things can just get better from here.

Well the processors here are very close to the US retail price - maybe even cheaper. i5 2500k is $230+ tax there . Here i saw one for 11k http://www.smcinternational.in/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage_images.tpl&product_id=1130&category_id=29&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=74

which is awesome value for money :bigyellowgrin:. Wish the graphics card would also come down :coolspeak:

it's not processar or Graphics card prize.it's nvidia who are always overpricing here amd cards are always close to us price here.

btw 560 gtx for almost 16k is a bad deal brand new 6950 1gb are going for 14.5k check techenclave dealer section

6950 1gb rapes 560 gtx in almost every game.for 16200 u can get HIS 6950 2gb which has awesome 3 yrs warranty.heard very good service and quick shipment compare to likes of sapphire and zotac .also HIS always have reference stock(AMD original design),according to toms hardware 100 percent HIS BRAND cards are unlocked to 6970.getting 560 gtx for that price is really bad deal they should price it somewhere around 13k

Edited by ΨΨ babloos ΨΨ