Gaming PCs

AtheK

On 11/20/2017 at 2:17 AM, HEMAN said:

I highly suggest you get a used gtx 1070 under warranty even a used gtx 980ti will be better. 26-30k is the range you will find them.

This is so much overkill for GTA V though. In fact its overkill for most people that arent looking for 144hz or 1440 res. 

On 11/20/2017 at 10:51 AM, mohit9206 said:

First of all you don't need a 70k build to play GTA V. But if you insist
Ryzen 5 1400 - 12k
Any B350 board - 6k
2*8gb ddr4 ram - 10k
Any 1050Ti 4gb - 12k
2tb hdd - 6k
120gb ssd - 3k
Seasonic 520W psu - 5k
Any decent case - 4k
This one comes around 60k.

How much future proof is this ? Next 3-4 years at 1080p ?

Kinda depends on when the next generation jumps off. If no new consoles for the next 3-4 years then this can 1080p at medium or high depending on the game. 

21 minutes ago, adity said:

Yup 1060 6 Gb is sufficient. 

I would say even that is pushing it too far. I am pretty sure you can 1080p-High GTA On a 760 or something stupid like that. 

But if you are building a gaming rig, a 1060 would definitely be more future proof and the smarter buy. Especially if you have cash to spare, which sounds like OP does. 

Edited by Aftrunner

21 hours ago, mohit9206 said:

Easily. Also you don't need 250gb ssd because you only install the OS on it, everything else goes on hdd and in today's age 1TB is simply not enough.

A very narrow way of looking at it. 128GB SSD's are garbage in the long term. A 250GB is a minimum recommendation these days. 

People tend to overlook how much difference you come up with when the game loads up in ~20 odd seconds instead of a minute plus. 

20 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

How much future proof is this ? Next 3-4 years at 1080p ?

Naah! You will have to swap out the CPU and add more storage but apart from that, it is a good jump off point. 

P.S. -- Welcome to the forums OP, have a good stay and I am merging this thread. 

Edited by ALPHA17

1 hour ago, Aftrunner said:

This is so much overkill for GTA V though. In fact its overkill for most people that arent looking for 144hz or 1440 res. 

We are assuming he is only going to play GTA 5 for the rest of his life. Given how new games are trashing current hardware gtx 1060 wont last for more then 1 year. If op wants to keep using his gpu for at least 3 years and is okay with 1080p@60fps. When it comes to PC gaming nothing is overkill and nothing is future proof. 

15 minutes ago, HEMAN said:

We are assuming he is only going to play GTA 5 for the rest of his life. Given how new games are trashing current hardware gtx 1060 wont last for more then 1 year. If op wants to keep using his gpu for at least 3 years and is okay with 1080p@60fps. When it comes to PC gaming nothing is overkill and nothing is future proof. 

Not really, GTX1060 is holding up quite alright. 

Unless OP is going to pick up a 1440p panel, the GTX1060 will last him well for another year or two easy with a consistent ~60fps performance ceiling.  

2 minutes ago, ALPHA17 said:

Not really, GTX1060 is holding up quite alright. 

Unless OP is going to pick up a 1440p panel, the GTX1060 will last him well for another year or two easy with a consistent ~60fps performance ceiling.  

60fps yes but will it be able to max out settings even AA. Its always better to have some headroom. GTX 1060 is very capable card I am just saying there is strong possibility that some of the next year games might cause problems. As we all know PC games are more than often not optimised properly this is where extra brute GPU power makes a difference.

44 minutes ago, HEMAN said:

We are assuming he is only going to play GTA 5 for the rest of his life. Given how new games are trashing current hardware gtx 1060 wont last for more then 1 year. If op wants to keep using his gpu for at least 3 years and is okay with [email protected] When it comes to PC gaming nothing is overkill and nothing is future proof. 

Ok. Solid advice.

OP, get a i9, 64GB RAM and Tri SLI 1080ti. Forget about the cabinet, but a new car and install the components in there. Leave the car running 24x7 with the AC on full blast for cooling. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Aftrunner said:

Ok. Solid advice.

OP, get a i9, 64GB RAM and Tri SLI 1080ti. Forget about the cabinet, but a new car and install the components in there. Leave the car running 24x7 with the AC on full blast for cooling. 

Nah you need at least i16, 128GB RAM and quad Titan Zord which form Mega Titans Zord all housed inside a water which isn't water but mineral oil 

1 hour ago, HEMAN said:

60fps yes but will it be able to max out settings even AA. Its always better to have some headroom. GTX 1060 is very capable card I am just saying there is strong possibility that some of the next year games might cause problems. As we all know PC games are more than often not optimised properly this is where extra brute GPU power makes a difference.

That would only work if OP had the budget. Also, second-hand hardware these days is a bit of a risky buy considering the crypto-mining happening and the old stock being dumped just to recover additional revenue. 

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting idea. I've been looking for gaming laptops in different price ranges, and here's what I found so far:

Gaming laptops under 50k

Includes: 4 - 8 GB RAM, Intel Core i5 or higher CPU, AMD Radeon R5 graphics, and 1 TB storage

source

The Dell Inspiron 15-3567 seems like the best one. I'd be interested in hearing other's thoughts on if they've used this PC, and which gaming laptops they use.

Look out for the gaming laptops that are going to be on sale tonight from 12..
Last sale got myself an acer helios with gtx1050ti.. This sale infact MSI is also joining the party.. Rates are unknown though yet.. Still i am expecting some good offers. Keep an eye tonight at 12.. ie few mins later. You might get lucky.. [emoji111]️

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

• 5 months later...

Looking for a 1080P gaming PC. I saw a yt video where Forza7 was running at 60fps on gtx 1050ti. I am ok if action adventure games at 30fps. Not really into PC gaming. But considering getting one. Browsed few site where pre build is coming to 50K and I think OS is also not provided. Kindly advise.

Edited by abcgamer

6 hours ago, abcgamer said:

Looking for a 1080P gaming PC. I saw a yt video where Forza7 was running at 60fps on gtx 1050ti. I am ok if action adventure games at 30fps. Not really into PC gaming. But considering getting one. Browsed few site where pre build is coming to 50K and I think OS is also not provided. Kindly advise.

What sites did you browse, where are based out of? Are you open to putting together the hardware yourself or would you like someone else to cover that? 

Sites like

https://www.rigassembler.com/

http://www.themvp.in/index.php?route=common/home

I live in Noida. I tried to build from rigassembler. I may have to pass video card for now lol.

antec gx909 case +500watt psu is some 8K

cpu, i5 8th gen + motherboard is some 21K

ram + ssd is some 8K

overall it was coming to some 42K

Sometime back I read AMD is competitive again now with ryzen. But have not looked into it. PC gaming is still pretty expensive :huh:

^ Yeah! I would suggest you stick with AMD for your build. Intel is way too expensive and restrictive. 

Also, I have used neither of the above-listed sites. Check out PCPartPicker

For the chassis look at the Cooler Master MasterBox K500L. What 500W PSU have you shortlisted? 

How much RAM have you accounted for and SSD size? 

• 4 weeks later...