Gaming PCs

AtheK

Pushy just got self pawned :rofl:

It's Ghz not Gz

twa's typo...i was in hurry <_<

:puspa:

it's not processar or Graphics card prize.it's nvidia who are always overpricing here amd cards are always close to us price here.

btw 560 gtx for almost 16k is a bad deal brand new 6950 1gb are going for 14.5k check techenclave dealer section

6950 1gb rapes 560 gtx in almost every game.for 16200 u can get HIS 6950 2gb which has awesome 3 yrs warranty.heard very good service and quick shipment compare to likes of sapphire and zotac .also HIS always have reference stock(AMD original design),according to toms hardware 100 percent HIS BRAND cards are unlocked to 6970.getting 560 gtx for that price is really bad deal they should price it somewhere around 13k

bro at the current state of market i would suggest to never go for nvidia .. they are heavily overpriced ... just like intel (the diffrence is not that big(still noticeable) in case of intel vs amd though) ...

after the 2xx series nvidia has been pwnd by the 5xxx series of amd and then the cheapr 6xxx series ....

5xxx gave much much MUCH better performance for much much MUCH cheaper price .. (compared to the 2xx series then)

amd has taken over a huge portion of nvidias market and nvidia needs to reduce prices and do that FAST because amd is catching up really reall REALLY fast ..

but he wasn't in a hurry...lol...newb

A typo is a typo and will remain a typo never minding the circumstances ......

you made fun of his typo and made a typo yourself and got pwnt ... simple as that ..

bro at the current state of market i would suggest to never go for nvidia .. they are heavily overpriced ... just like intel (the diffrence is not that big(still noticeable) in case of intel vs amd though) ...

after the 2xx series nvidia has been pwnd by the 5xxx series of amd and then the cheapr 6xxx series ....

5xxx gave much much MUCH better performance for much much MUCH cheaper price .. (compared to the 2xx series then)

amd has taken over a huge portion of nvidias market and nvidia needs to reduce prices and do that FAST because amd is catching up really reall REALLY fast ..

i think it's other way around amd/ati have taken thrown since 4850/4870 continued with 5850/5870.nvidia just got back with 460 gtx only for amd to release 6850.

right now market is even nvidia with slightly powerful card but amd beats it in VFM.i think with 6990 amd can take back fastest card

My PC config is E6750 (2.6Ghz at the moment) | XFX 650i Ultra | OCZ Fatal1ty Edition 4GB (2x2GB) DDR2 800 | XFX 8800 GTX XXX Edition | Corsair HX620 PSU | Antec 900 | Dell SP2208WFP 22" LCD| Thermalright 120 Ultra |

My GPU , CPU and Motherboard were all bought together in Aug 07 from Nehru Place , so the 3 yr warranty is over for all of them. The GPU alone costed me 35k back then. :(

Today morning suddenly I suffered a Nvidia driver crash while playing a game , these were happening for the last 2-3 days , but the Win 7 64bit OS used to recover the driver and everything used to work fine after that.

I decided to upgrade my driver from 260.89 to latest 266.58 whql drivers , but things totally got bad after that , I have vertical yellow lines all over my screen and weird text even on the booting screen , now whenever I try to login to windows via normal mode it won't load up the OS , but if I try safe mode it logs in.

So I decided to remove the Nvidia display drivers and now I'm able to get into OS via normal mode , but whenever I again try to install the Nvidia drivers I get the same issue.So without driver my card is not getting detected properly as well in OS.

Everything was working fine till morning when suddenly that happened , I have no clue if something is wrong with the Graphics Card or the Motherboard or the PCI

Express 16x slot.

Both my Motherboard and Graphics Card were bought from Rashi Peripherals , do they repair any of these after warranty period is over , I have already RMA's my motherboard twice before from them.

This is how my display is currently on PC , its not a problem with the monitor as I also have a PS3 , and there is no display problems when using it.

th_7012e638.jpg

My current Rivatuner hardware monitoring is showing these clock speeds and temps.

th_7d4c2a76.jpg

Can I get the GPU repaired now that warranty is over by 5 months, if not which graphics card should I buy to replace the 8800GTX , don't wanna spend too much as I don't play much on PC these days.

Edited by Joy

You and me bought almost the exact same config in the exact same month of that year. :P

Whats more

I decided to upgrade my driver from 260.89 to latest 266.58 whql drivers , but things totally got bad after that , I have vertical yellow lines all over my screen and weird text even on the booting screen , now whenever I try to login to windows via normal mode it won't load up the OS , but if I try safe mode it logs in.

I had the EXACT same problem about a year ago. For me it was the GPU. After some time the same glitchy graphics thing started to happen even without the drivers. Thats how I knew for sure. Problem is AFAIK your mother board has no onboard display so there is no other way to check aside from trying a new GPU. If you know someone who has a GPU you can try his.

Also MSI has a grace period of 3 months after your warranty expires but even if that is true for XFX I doubt that would help much. If it is out of warranty you are pretty much screwed.

If you have to buy a new one I would advice to get something cheapish depending on your budget since anything major would just mean the rest of the rig is a bottleneck. Something about 6-7k (250 GTS or 260GTX or Ati 5770 or something in that range) should be fine. It will give you the same performance as your 8800 (a little better).

If you can stretch a little the 460 was 10kish AFAIK.

i think it's other way around amd/ati have taken thrown since 4850/4870 continued with 5850/5870.nvidia just got back with 460 gtx only for amd to release 6850.

right now market is even nvidia with slightly powerful card but amd beats it in VFM.i think with 6990 amd can take back fastest card

In cost to quality amd is still no. One

Cards of same range in benchmarks are 3-5k cheaper in amd

IIRC 5970 is the fastest card

@joy n afty

If you plan to save money then take 5770 it has better performance than 8800

http://www.erodov.com/forums/sapphire-cards-best-prices/34409-2.html

http://www.erodov.com/forums/zotac-cards-special-prices/39627.html

Above are the best possible prices I assure you

Just checked some bechmarks and 5670 looks like a very good item an is miles ahead of gt 430 in benchmarks (almost double frame rate)

Also difference between 460 and 6850 is less but 6850 performed better in most cases and is more overclocker friendly

Edited by Sackboy

I have been using 5770 for six months for 9k & I can vouch for it.It is better than GTX 260.However,4870 provides slightly better performance than 5770 at a cheaper rate but it has overheating issues

http://www.ultimatehardware.net/ati/sapphire_radeon_hd_5770_page3.htm

Difference is very little

Also

http://www.hwcompare.com/107/radeon-hd-5670-vs-radeon-hd-5770/

Thanks Afty and Sacky for inputs , its a pity that once warranty is over , there is no way to fix things in India. :(

I'll call and check up with Rashi Peripherals on Monday if they have any option. Even most computer shops apart from Nehru Place like area still have age old hardware , if I take a 8800GTX to them , they themselves will get shocked how will they test it. Carrying the whole cabinet would be a pain in the a*s , its good 10-12 kgs.

Ati HD 5750 or 5770 seems like a good card for the price , have to check if it will be compatible with my Mobo , I saw it being PCI Express x16 2.1 , whereas old one was just 2.0 , does that make is compatible ?

i think new cards are supposed to be backward compatible, yeah?

like, u can stick USB 3.0 pen drive onto a 2.0 interface sacrificing speed though

€so yeah., PCI-E 2.1 card would do on a 2.0 slot

Yeah just checked it it will work , speeds are same on both , 2.1 just has some some additional support and troubleshooting features.

So HD 5770 it is then , I read Saphire isn't that good a brand when it comes to warranty/RMA etc. , MSI is pretty poplar among most on TE.