Gaming PCs

AtheK

I have been using 5770 for six months for 9k & I can vouch for it.It is better than GTX 260.However,4870 provides slightly better performance than 5770 at a cheaper rate but it has overheating issues

lol i had 260 gtx it's performs slightly better then 4870.unless u had old 260 gtx without core 216

Yeah just checked it it will work , speeds are same on both , 2.1 just has some some additional support and troubleshooting features.

So HD 5770 it is then , I read Saphire isn't that good a brand when it comes to warranty/RMA etc. , MSI is pretty poplar among most on TE.

at what resolution do u play.5770 will suffer at 1920*1080 try getting 460 gtx or 6850 it can last another 2years

Edited by ΨΨ babloos ΨΨ

^ 1680x1050 , as u can see from post above on this page , my whole PC build was made during 07 , C2D E6750 and a 650I Ultra Mobo, so processor and mobo are also of that time , going for 460 etc. will make it a bottleneck , and I don't wanna upgrade the whole PC atm. I never would have upgraded the GPU also if the 8800GTX didn't had this problem.

Plus I don't play much on PC ever since getting PS3 , the game I play the most is PES alongwith occasional random stuff sometimes..

The cheapest retail price for a 5770 from Saphaire is 7.6k and MSI one is around 8k, anyone know any special contacts who can provide some discount. :P

^ There is no new 6770. It's just a rebranding from ATi to AMD.

I decided to upgrade my driver from 260.89 to latest 266.58 whql drivers , but things totally got bad after that , I have vertical yellow lines all over my screen and weird text even on the booting screen , now whenever I try to login to windows via normal mode it won't load up the OS , but if I try safe mode it logs in.

So I decided to remove the Nvidia display drivers and now I'm able to get into OS via normal mode , but whenever I again try to install the Nvidia drivers I get the same issue.So without driver my card is not getting detected properly as well in OS.

I had the EXACT same problem about a year ago. For me it was the GPU. After some time the same glitchy graphics thing started to happen even without the drivers. Thats how I knew for sure. Problem is AFAIK your mother board has no onboard display so there is no other way to check aside from trying a new GPU. If you know someone who has a GPU you can try his.

Holy crap I had the same issue a couple of months ago, with my friend's 9800GTX. Think I posted about it in the Ask the Experts thread.

Edited by Phoenix Wright

The 6xxx series is actually cheaper slower and Less power consuming than 5xxx series

So 5xxx is actually better if you don't care about power consumption or cost

5850(15k)>6850(10k)

5850(15k)is little bit better than 6870(13.5k)

Anyway 6xxx series is more value for money if you see cost per fps wise

Also this is the reply to the post about 6xxx series being only rebranding :P

Edited by Sackboy

My 8800gtx is completely dead now , it won't evev boot up , sometimes randomly it does boots up but after a few seconds it freezes . :(

Browsing from the PS3 browser atm.

http://www.smcinternational.in/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage_images.tpl&product_id=94&category_id=33&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=91'

http://www.smcinternational.in/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage_images.tpl&product_id=1022&category_id=33&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=91

they are in Nehru place tom is a sunday go there and get a new card .. they have nice prices too

I have decided to get a cheap 5450 instead for 2.5k, as I'm expecting a significant drop in price of 460GTX maybe around 8k after a month or two once 560GTX arrives here. .

I'll keep this card as a backup then , always wanted to have backup card since my mobo doesn't have integrated graphics.

Plus I can finally force myself to play Dues Ex Collection now. :P

So whats the best vfm card now. 560 or 6950?

W/e you can find a better deal on but 560 hasnt been launched in India yet. Also IIRC 6950 is a bit better than 560 on stock frequencies and 560 has slightly more overclocking potential. But since both these cards are new they are fairly expenssive- depending on your cpu i would go for gtx 460 - its been out for a bit now and you can find great deals on it if you search. I have even seen some for 9k for 1gb version. If you are building a new rig with sandy bridge i would go for 560/6950 since 460 will bottle neck a sandy bridge.