AtheK

Gaming PCs

4835 posts in this topic

Also this is the reply to the post about 6xxx series being only rebranding :P

:doh:

If you had bothered to read carefully, I only said 6770. The 6750 and 6770 are only going to be rebadged versions of the 5750 and 5770 to reflect the brand name change.

My 8800gtx is completely dead now , it won't evev boot up , sometimes randomly it does boots up but after a few seconds it freezes . :(

Browsing from the PS3 browser atm.

My 8800gtx is completely dead now , it won't evev boot up , sometimes randomly it does boots up but after a few seconds it freezes . :(

Browsing from the PS3 browser atm.

http://www.smcinternational.in/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage_images.tpl&product_id=94&category_id=33&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=91'

http://www.smcinternational.in/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage_images.tpl&product_id=1022&category_id=33&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=91

they are in Nehru place tom is a sunday go there and get a new card .. they have nice prices too

I have decided to get a cheap 5450 instead for 2.5k, as I'm expecting a significant drop in price of 460GTX maybe around 8k after a month or two once 560GTX arrives here. .

I'll keep this card as a backup then , always wanted to have backup card since my mobo doesn't have integrated graphics.

Plus I can finally force myself to play Dues Ex Collection now. :P

Dont buy a 5450, its a total waste of time.

Look around on TE, Erodov and over here. I am sure you can get a decent used GPU for about 3k. Something with a year or so warranty remaining.

Is it really that bad a backup card as I'll be getting 460GTX or 6850 after a month or two , just needed a GPU urgently so that PC can run atlest.

Can't find any good GPU for cheap on any forum. :(

So whats the best vfm card now. 560 or 6950?

W/e you can find a better deal on but 560 hasnt been launched in India yet. Also IIRC 6950 is a bit better than 560 on stock frequencies and 560 has slightly more overclocking potential. But since both these cards are new they are fairly expenssive- depending on your cpu i would go for gtx 460 - its been out for a bit now and you can find great deals on it if you search. I have even seen some for 9k for 1gb version. If you are building a new rig with sandy bridge i would go for 560/6950 since 460 will bottle neck a sandy bridge.

6850 @ 10k gives a tad bit better performance

That's debatable. It more or less boils down to the game you're playing. Besides Nvidia's got better driver support.