Naughty Dog Co-Owner Shares Ideas For Reviving Crash Bandicoot

Naughty Dog Co-Owner Shares Ideas For Reviving Crash Bandicoot

In a time when Sony was desperately looking for a mascot, Crash Bandicoot was there to lend a wacky hand. For a while it was a major pillar for Sony's successful entry into the gaming industry, but it has since spiraled into insignificance. Can it be saved? Naughty Dog thinks so.

Naughty Dog's Co-Founder Andrew Gaving has ideas for how to make Crash Bandicoot the blockbuster success it was in the 90s. He said to OPM.UK:

Crash needs a total reboot. There’s an opportunity to reset the history, and go back to his creation story and the original conflict with Cortex. In that context, you could reprise classic Crash 1 and 2’s settings and villains. It would make sense to use a more modern, free-roaming style. I would concentrate on Looney Tunes-esque animation and really addictive action. That’s what we did with the original Crash, and there’s no reason it couldn’t be done today. Given the current Crash games, people forget that he was once cool. Our Crash had a certain whimsical edge to him. Sure, it was goofy – but it wasn’t dumb.

http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/naughty-dog-coowner-shares-ideas-for-reviving-crash-bandicoot-19095

Who own the rightsright now?? activision right....woh sala log bechega bhi nahi shayad...i wish sony some how manages to get the rights back..it will be really great to see crash back to Playstation brand...

Even tenchu if sony could have just bought the rights..that is also i think with activision only.....bada harami studio hai...khud bhi nahi kuch ker reha ..dusra ko bhi nahi karne deta...I hate activision .

All I can say is:

Activision ki mkc Activision ki mkb

They are busy making sh*t license based games like James Bond Legends and Walking Dead FPS :furious:

Even cod..every year after year they will bring that .....and Crash ..i dont remember when was the last time game came out ...

Ya because the last 2 crash games in production at activision was cancelled even before release. They even refused to give him for playstation smash bros. at best he might feature in a skylnders type game and nothing more.

Ya because the last 2 crash games in production at activision was cancelled even before release. They even refused to give him for playstation smash bros. at best he might feature in a skylnders type game and nothing more.

They should just sell the rights to sony...i am sure sony will good money for it.

@PS - those PS2 games created by non-Naughty dog studio were average at best. So, unless ND and only ND makes a new CB game, it is dead for me.

Not happening till sony gets the right ...

I meant they are not as big names as they were years back

I don't think Sony would ever want to make a maga budget RnC game ever again

Nor would it be willing to buy crash from activation

Activation itself has zero interest in making new creative titles(or rebooting old ones)

What was the last activation new ip that came out?!

Intact what was the last activation game that got critical acclaim since COD :ko:

EA & ubisoft is doing much better I think

Please dont insult video gaming by calling COD critical acclaim ...just because it sells a lot more does not mean it is critically acclaimed game.

Once again this game works for its mp and sp is nothing great either .....

Please dont insult video gaming by calling COD critical acclaim ...just because it sells a lot more does not mean it is critically acclaimed game.

COD games get good reviews from critics......COD games are critically acclaimed as well......tuney Modern Warfare 1 khela hai ?

Metacritic scores

MW :- 94

MW2 :- 94

MW3 :- 88

BO :- 88

If this isn't critical acclaim then what is?! :scratchchin:

How many hv you played?!

I have played BO,MW1,World at war and little bit of COD1 on psn.

About scores...Almost all reviews end up scoring it high coz of its MP experience....

To give you example

MW1

GameSpot gave a favorable review for Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, saying that the "high quality of that campaign and its terrific multiplayer options make Call of Duty 4 a fantastic package."

GamePro claims that "the amazingly deep multiplayer rivals Halo 3's in terms of reach and scope."[46]

MW2

IGN commented "For those planning to check out everything Modern Warefare 2 has to offer – online competition, full co-op Spec Ops mode, as well as the campaign – you're looking at a no-brainer purchase"

GameTrailers stated "The air of unpredictability and the care that was paid to each separate element puts it in lofty company. The multiplayer hasn't received an overhaul, but considering most shooters are still playing catch-up with Call of Duty 4, the tweaks and twists make it the best multiplayer shooting experience in the industry. Few games manage to meet such high expectations"

Sp has its moment on nice action packed sequences but those are one time watch action movie kinda experience..

COD games get good reviews from critics......COD games are critically acclaimed as well......tuney Modern Warfare 1 khela hai ?

Yes i have played...

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, saying that the "high quality of that campaign and its terrific multiplayer options make Call of Duty 4 a fantastic package.

High quality campaign and awesome M.P - Makes it a total package.....

About scores...Almost all reviews end up scoring it high coz of its MP experience..

Jo bhi par Critically acclaimed toh hue naa ???.... COD games are total package....

LOL he hates FPS.... :P

Yes...that i agree but still calling COD critically acclaimed games is too hard to digest ....

Ussne naa SP khella hai na MP

Phir bhi keh raha hai calling it acclaimed is disgrace to gaming

Arrey bandhu kab tak last guardian banney rahoge?! :rofl:

Jo games release hui hai unke sahare jeena seekho :giggle:

padho upar main likha hai kaunsa kaunsa COD games khela hai maine...3-4 toh khela hi hai....aur main sar samay is liya khelta hu kyuon ki mujhe military type talking and that use of latest military technology in game feels good otherwise kya hai...one time entertainment hai joh 4-5 hours mein khatam...

High quality campaign and awesome M.P - Makes it a total package.....

Jo bhi par Critically acclaimed toh hue naa ???.....

tera jaisa logon ke waja se Game devs aaj kal Sp mein kaam dhayan deta hai and try to put Mp in every game...jisme hona bhi nahi chahiya. usmein bhi dal deta hai....... :spank:

Archived