PS3 from US

jaival

hello everyone,

This is my first post here :) i was a gamer in my school and college days, but joining into business ruined the hobby but again thought to give time for myself and start gaming.

i have a confusion, i am planning to get PS3 from US as it is much cheaper. But one of my friend suggested me not to get it from there as the versions and NTFC and PAL difference is hard to lock and costs a bomb to get it unlocked it over here...

soo my question here is what to do ? PS3 works here without any problem ?? or do i have to get it unlocked ?? or i dont need to do anything and its plug and play ??

can i buy pirated games and play on PS3 ??

thanks guys for the help

Your friend doesnt knows what he is talking about.

There is no locking. Period.

PS3 games purchased from any place/country will work on the console. Only the movies are region locked. US based ps3 will run region A based movies (besides region free ofc), and in India you ll get region C based.

PS3 from US will be cheap, Only thing which ll hamper you is you ll loose warranty.

Just wait for others to confirm if you need to make any adjustments for power supply.

Hacking/jailbreaking is not dissussed here.

You can get pre owned ps3 from here or other sites on internet to get you good deals if you are ok with pre owned console in the first place.

State your location for better suggestions.

I own a UK based ps3 .. no issues at all .. theres nothing such as unlocking when it comes to the console .. the games are region free. . will run everything from anywhere possible .. only the movies will have to be of the same region ..

hacking/jailbreaking is possible .. cant tell you further about it here .. though it will ruin the fun of owning a ps3 .. .

my ps3 is bought from usa and is working well for 5 years now

games are region free buy and play any game

blu ray movies and dvd movies from here wont play due to region locking

but movies through pendrives will play well :)

i would suggest you to buy it from India. PS3 hardware has a pretty good failure rate. I bought my PS3 slim from US and the blu ray drive has conked off and i am left with no warranty in india

agree to that but PS3 slim's failure rate is not something you can ignore.

Second that. I too had a fat ps3 and it lasted about 1 1/2 to 2 years. When I went to the service station they informed me that they get a lot of ps3's for repairs but they only provide replacement (i.e either the motherboard that is 50-60% cost of new ps3 or A new ps3 with some discount that depends on how old ur cronked ps3 is.)

I ended up having to buy a new ps3. So i will suggest you to get one with the warranty.

Adi

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived