The Windows Thread

MarketTantrik

Rumoured specs taken from gizmodo :

The list starts with core requirements that will make us very happy: ARM v6+ processor, with an Open GL ES 2.0-capable graphics chip—this may be the TI3430 or the Nvidia Tegra. To show all the eye candy there will be a 3.5" 800 x 480 or 854 x 480 pixels touchscreen. The specification also points out at other things in Pink, like 3-megapixel camera, GPS, light sensor, 3-axis compass, accelerometer, USB, Bluetooth, and full Wi-Fi support.

@yumtee

:fear:

^^ shanti u mean the zune HD right? Reading the engadget linky Yesh posted... my interest in this thing id dying out fast :panic:

If you've used the Zune HD, you know what this is like. Lots of bold text on the device, lists with text cut off on the sides of the phone, and additional screens to the left and right driven by arrows pointing you in either direction. For the most part this works, though in instances like email, it feels like there's a bit of wasted space. Everything else is super stripped down -- the calendar app looks like vector line art, the browser seems to be using the bare minimum to show its content (which isn't necessarily a bad thing), and the phone application is essentially monochromatic. On the other hand, you've got a beautiful and robust photo app (with pinch to zoom, as in the browser), and the Zune experience is perfectly integrated... but what did you expect?

Looks like they are going the flat-out pmp way rather than takin the pocket computer/ internet tablet route.

^^ shanti u mean the zune HD right? Reading the engadget linky Yesh posted... my interest in this thing id dying out fast :panic:

Looks like they are going the flat-out pmp way rather than takin the pocket computer/ internet tablet route.

Nopes.. I mean WM7

Nopes.. I mean WM7

You got a pre-release unit? :panic: Do share your experience using it.

but first lets wait for the next Apple iPhone 4G :rofl:

I'm still waitin for the 3GS. Here's hoping 4th iteration of the iPhone atleast makes it to indian shores... factory unlocked!!!

You got a pre-release unit? :) Do share your experience using it.

Not a pre-release unit but I've been running it on our boards for an eternity now (read > half an year). A lot of WM7 devices are going to be on our platforms including the early exclusive ones.

Shantz impressions fast. This I am impressed with. MS means good amount of software and support - always critical IMO.

UI is ok and fresh but a bit clunky. Plus WM7 breaks compatibility with a lot of stuff, so don't expect good software support at launch. But the thing is that it is still fast evolving. They change a whole of stuff with every AKU update, so it won't surprise me if they change it completely to something different altogether at launch.

But please do go out and buy as many WM7 devices as you can, more WM sales might mean a fatter bonus packet for me :O

Archived