The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

AJ, prices are diff in diff parts of the country courtesy taxes (i mean the actual price you can negotiate & buy, not the MRP)

would be better to get prices from a few vendors in your city

goo luck!!!!!

Thanks bro. Pl tell me 2-3 models

Thanks bro. Pl tell me 2-3 models

kya bhai, aajkal sab sites pe wiht price diye hain models, check LG, Sony and Samsung, all have the MRP listed

note down a few models and check them out at croma and then bargain for the one you want and a number of shops, diwali is coming so they will definitely include some freebie, bargain on that as well

last diwali I bought my TV, got a discount of around 25-30 K on the MRP, a friend of mine was an excellent bargainer :lol:

• 1 month later...

Guy suggest me a good TV. Budget 50-60k. Size 40+. Dont care about 3D.

60 K mein to LG ka 47 inch aa jayega, remember to bargain on multiple stores, they have this free 24 inch TV scheme going on, refuse flat out saying I don't need it, reduce price, say this after the bargain for the final price has been done

I know form personal experience, last year I bought a 47 inches LG 3D Tv, the listed price was 1.25L, after bargaining a lot (and then refusing the free TV) I got it for 90K, still can't believe the amount of profits these guys make from people who don't bargain. And I also got a Blu-Ray player and some 3D titles free as well, in that price :O

60 K mein to LG ka 47 inch aa jayega, remember to bargain on multiple stores, they have this free 24 inch TV scheme going on, refuse flat out saying I don't need it, reduce price, say this after the bargain for the final price has been done

I know form personal experience, last year I bought a 47 inches LG 3D Tv, the listed price was 1.25L, after bargaining a lot (and then refusing the free TV) I got it for 90K, still can't believe the amount of profits these guys make from people who don't bargain. And I also got a Blu-Ray player and some 3D titles free as well, in that price :O

Thanks. 47 inch seems too big for me, wont suit my house. 42 seems the sweet spot. And they do reduce a lot on costly TVs as margins are huge and sale is less. Cant say same for 50-60k TVs. Also, I dont care about 3D so might have to search harder.
And that 24 inch TV free??? Do they have such deals on cheaper TVs? I am looking to have a TV in both my bedrooms along with my living room, so that deal sounds sweet.

Planning to buy a 55" Sony 4K TV by the end of this month guys. Any opinions on whether this purchase would be worth the money?

I was calculating and it would turn out to be the same amount if I buy a Rs. 1.5 lakh LED TV now and then probably buy 4K after two years when it becomes more mainstream (i.e. cost >Rs. 2 lakh). My reasoning for buying 4K now is that spending Rs. 3 lakh would lead to atleast 5 years of future-proofing.

Comments would be appreciated :)

• Snake changed the title to The TV Decision Making (Buy Whatever You Want) Thread