The Automobile Thread

Chaztin

If you need ABS and air bags, you have to get the higher variants. There's no other way about it.

Also, I suggest you check out the Sunny petrol as well. Even the lowest variant has ABS and airbags iirc.

Honda City corporate edition has been removed has it? That also had.

Sent from my iPad

I dont think any third party will be able to onstall abs and airbags anywyay.

I'm not sure about airbags but you could get ABS fitted after the delivery is taken

Hell you could get ABS on a bike for about 2k IIRC but you get what you pay for :|

I'm not sure about airbags but you could get ABS fitted after the delivery is taken

Hell you could get ABS on a bike for about 2k IIRC but you get what you pay for :|

Ya having things for name and having things that actually work are two different side of the same coin :P

Ya having things for name and having things that actually work are two different side of the same coin :P

There was this Indian site in which a person was selling ABS which used to detect when a tyre was skidding and release the brakes.

It was not integrated with the ECU, but was just attached to teh tyre, you needed 2 such units if you had to apply abs on both the wheels.

Typical Indian jugaad :P

:lol: so as a thumb rule if you want ABS and Airbag get it with the car, never go with third party, it might not work as advertised, worst case it might not work at all. Not worth it.

There was this Indian site in which a person was selling ABS which used to detect when a tyre was skidding and release the brakes.

It was not integrated with the ECU, but was just attached to teh tyre, you needed 2 such units if you had to apply abs on both the wheels.

Typical Indian jugaad :P

It releases the brakes when it detects skidding? When it's not connected to the ECU, that's the most dangerous thing to do. Also, ABS is something you may have to use rarely, but on that rare occasion if it does'nt work properly, you're done for. Indians can claim whatever, but I am never going to a third party to install something which so blatantly messes up the car's internal working.

:lol: so as a thumb rule if you want ABS and Airbag get it with the car, never go with third party, it might not work as advertised, worst case it might not work at all. Not worth it.

Well unless you like to do "experiments" :giggle:

On an unrelated note, there is hope for FIat since they've separated

Well unless you like to do "experiments" :giggle:

On an unrelated note, there is hope for FIat since they've separated

ya experiment, right!!!

Fiat is way down the food chain, just branching from Tata won't help, though a beginning.

from tata?

Yup, that is why they're bringing all the biggies from all their other subsidiaries and bringing newer engines and all, as they're free from tata tax

ya experiment, right!!!

Fiat is way down the food chain, just branching from Tata won't help, though a beginning.

Atleast they know that being with Tata isn't a good thing.

Hell those fiat salesman in tata showrooms would say, buy the manza it is much better than the fiats, this combined with tata's taxi type service centres, how could they sell cars with such a shabby state of affairs?

It releases the brakes when it detects skidding? When it's not connected to the ECU, that's the most dangerous thing to do. Also, ABS is something you may have to use rarely, but on that rare occasion if it does'nt work properly, you're done for. Indians can claim whatever, but I am never going to a third party to install something which so blatantly messes up the car's internal working.

Actually, the ABS kicks in often, but people do not notice it. My cousin in native place was about to take his endeavour to service center coz he felt there is some fault with the brake. I had to explain him, tht it is the ABS kicking in which causes the throbbing of the brake pad

Thanks for the replies guys. Maa ki Honda. Only gave ABS with top model. Seeing how it came into use on my Jeejus swift(was in the car), ABS is really important it seems.

Its their in the lower end Diesel variant but dont wanna go with Diesel :(. Sitting in my Diesel company cab does give me a headache at times due to the fumes ( Guess am over sensitive) . Could this be because of the cars age or are the fumes prominent in all Diesel cars?

If you need ABS and air bags, you have to get the higher variants. There's no other way about it. Also, I suggest you check out the Sunny petrol as well. Even the lowest variant has ABS and airbags iirc. Honda City corporate edition has been removed has it? That also had. Sent from my iPad

Really want to go with a Honda..

Honda = :wub:

Edited by _Hellsboy_

Thanks for the replies guys. Maa ki Honda. Only gave ABS with top model. Seeing how it came into use on my Jeejus swift(was in the car), ABS is really important it seems.

Its their in the lower end Diesel variant but dont wanna go with Diesel :(. Sitting in my Diesel company cab does give me a headache at times due to the fumes ( Guess am over sensitive) . Could this be because of the cars age or are the fumes prominent in all Diesel cars?

What is your company cab? An age old Amby? Current age diesel cars, which have been serviced well, will not have these problems. No fumes. Slightly more clatter and noise compared to the petrol variants, but nothing to worry about.

What is the price diff between the top end petrol and the low end diesel?

and did you check the Sunny?

And what is your budget? (ex showroom)

Edited by Captain Fantastic

It's a common phenomenon with many people, many people complain of headaches in Diesel car.

What is your company cab? An age old Amby? Current age diesel cars, which have been serviced well, will not have these problems. No fumes. Slightly more clatter and noise compared to the petrol variants, but nothing to worry about.

What is the price diff between the top end petrol and the low end diesel?

and did you check the Sunny?

And what is your budget? (ex showroom)

1. Its an Innova. But its 11 yrs old and am pretty sure it isnt serviced well :P

2. The price difference is 60k. The top end petrol ends up to 7.2 on road. I was thinking about something like 6.5 on road

3. Sunny would be good man, but I dont want to consider anything apart from Maruti/Honda. Maruti because well its Maruti and getting it serviced is easy. Honda because I loooove Honda :P