The Automobile Thread

Chaztin

There is no way I'll fail the bike test, my riding skills are very good...and I'm used to handling powerful bikes (beside the Monster is not a 1000cc bike).

And getting a UK permanent resident permit is easy :P

Edited by praveer

trust me dude, i have seen 2 guys with mad biking skills........ failing the test. The test procedure is super complicated and tough not to mention super expensive if you want to get it done quick it costs around 2000-2500 pound in total just for the license. also you would have to restart the whole license process by leaving the car and going for the bike, but then its your call :) .

OT: Also from next year every student can kiss their chance of getting a UK resident permit goodbye. Apart from PSW, they are also eliminating the HSMP categories of Visa'

Well since the car was covered under insurance the service advisor ha his way with the car, replacing parts land componenets that were not even remotely damaged. But insurace is obly gonna cover around 50-60 % of the amount in his opinion, Poor guy had no idea that the owner of the service outlet and my dad are friends :giggle:

The Sx4 just arrived 2 hours back from the garage , the driver had a bill of 98,000 in his hand, my father promptly calls up the service advisor and calmly asks " MC , apni beti ki shaadi ka bill bheja hai ya gaddi repairing ka " :lol:

whoever generated the bill: let me pwn this SX4 owner. generate a bill of 98000

troll_face___high_definition_by_animeburner-d3dcbnr.jpg

ur dad calls up and gives him a nice dose, then he is like

fuuuuu.jpg

Edited by Pushy

newdoc_1.jpg

This is the front page of the 4 page bill that has been sent.

after examining the bill i was able to find out items worth atleast 40-50K that were not required but they just did it to inflate the bill . The owner has asked my dad to not worry about it and he will sort it out when he comes back in India, but it would be hard to restrain my dad from further abusing the service advisor :lol:

who pays 98k for repairing SX4...in case of accident sell the dabba, get a new one :P

it is just 3 months old and considering my dads average daily KM's it is the most practical diesel car in the market. Its only the service center which is at fault, and my dad is not gonna pay a penny to him :P

Those guys have replaced the undamaged radiator/cooler , undamaged righthand front headlight unit , and the even the steering column which alone was worth 23K :lol: , this also clearly implicates the surveyor from the ICICI lombard as it would not have been possible without his consent.

why do you want to sell dabba? he is the chairman :chair:

A very huge tree branch fell on my SX4 D in the morning... It took 5 people to raise it so that the driver could move the car forward. Not even a scratch. Any other car would have shattered under the weight of that branch, it was so heavy. it is the size of a trunk of 4 years old tree in the true sense.. So SX4 is indeed a solidly built & sturdy car :threatenlumber:

Edited by BHPian Bali

i still find the bill a joke... :giggle:

ur lucky ur dad knows the service center owner personally.... feel sorry for people who are not so fortunate... :(

n i thought honda's service center's were expensive... :giggle:

i still find the bill a joke... :giggle:

ur lucky ur dad knows the service center owner personally.... feel sorry for people who are not so fortunate... :(

n i thought honda's service center's were expensive... :giggle:

yeah , he called up from USA and dad made it clear to him that he is not gonna pay a penny and he has agreed to it, i was gonna launch a complaint against ICICI surveyor but did not do it after dad told me to let go of it.

BTW i have seen that Honda service centers esp the hallmark Honda is the best and in my experience they provide the best service at reasonable costs, they are not expensive in any way

Hey guys, please suggest a bike in the range of Rs 90000- Rs 120000.

Need for daily commuting and one or twice long trips in a month.

Daily commuting between 60-70 kms.

I have shortlisted the following bikes in the order of preference.

1. Yahama- R15

2. Bajaj-Pulsar 220 DTSi

3. Hero Honda 2011 New Karizma ZMR

Please suggest which one to go for and why?

Also are any new models or up gradation coming for the above mentioned bikes.