Microsoft hiring 'next generation' Xbox developers

Or is just the same games with better graphics enough to justify a new console?

Uhhh yes. Thats the whole purpose of having new hardware. O.o

And FWIW Gears might have been the first big new exclusive IP but by that time we had already had GRAW, CoD2, Oblivion 4, Rainbow six, PGR 3, Splinter cell DA, FNR3 etc.

Games ranging from good to amazing in the first year itself.

The next gen needs the following - two new IPs which are brilliant to look at and supports stunning 3D, Kinect enabled shooting, Halo multiplayer rip off, and a bunch of third party developers who can give 10 sequels the following year.

And who made those tags for this topic? :lol:

They have to meet market/publisher demands. That is largely how the gaming industry works. Very few devs have a staunch support to say "When it's done" instead of a release date. Look at IW :fear: It is probably less about the attitude of the devs themselves

so its that attitude only...that hampers the development process and quality suffers....we all know games that have taken there own time and all usually come out great....even with new hardware if it trend continues ....after just few amazing games everything will start looking similar with one or two added effects on them....asking for new hardware so soon is not gonna help anyone.

Honestly imagine a proper Crysis sequel that isnt gimped by hardware. Imagine BF3 getting the same visuals on consoles as a top end PC. Imagine it not being limited to 24 players while the PC version gets 64. And imagine more games following that example. Imagine Witcher 2 running on a console looking like what we have seen. Go look at that UE 3.whatever video from GDC and imagine the NEXT version of that engine running a game on the consoles. Or the Cryengine 3 screenshots which could be a game running real time.

How can you look at that and say no thanks, I will stick with my usual sequel thats indistinguishable from the prequel. FOR THE NEXT 3 YEARS! Its insanity.

Exactly at the one who said Imagine BF3,That proves it all. if the current generation consoles can still make the customers fap then why a new console? The current generation still have got a very high potentional in it,They just dont know how to use it..

As for microsoft,They just dont have First parties.They should buy some of them instead of making a new console,X360 is a very powerful console they just need to use it.. If BF3 can why can't others?

Edit - Also the games of this generation when we switched into this from PS2,It made us fap badly also have high concern of the games being in HD which compiles 50% reason of why we fapped,i wont be surprised if the games of the next generation console for the first 1 year sucks

bro, you honestly feel the need of next gen console so soon???....its still churning out so much awesomeness...look at castlevania,gears 3,uncharted 3,the last guardian....why spent on new hardware so soon when it is not needed also right now..

WTF no MGS 4?

yeah.

as above

i think there is still some steam left in this gen, to prove this the games have barely begun to utilize the hardware fully and the engines keep improving to make the games look better with each iteration

as for the sequels, new gen DOE NOT guarantee a new IP. period

next gen console will be even more hard to unlock/break. :P

:rofl:

i really do not think that we can choose :P

but to be frank yes, all we want is better games, if they are better looking I am fine, though i will be absolutely satisfied if they look as good as UC2 or GOW3 or Gears 3.

for me, sequels is not a bad idea if they build upon the characters, UC2 is a clear example, bigger and better, so far so good

as the consoles can still be utilized for better visuals (look at battlefield 3 screens) i really do not think we need better hardware, better engines may be a good enough idea :)

^^ WTF are you talking about? Most console games arent even hitting 720p consistently.

But TV toh wohi rahega na :chair:

What i meant was ki the crrent gen consoles are good enough for the TVs we have right now(UC2,UC3,Geow3,Castlevania,etc).

Plus its upto the developers to create games at Full hd resolution or not.Consoles can handle it,cant they?

Archived