Ninokuni

Keyofx

Difficult question. Both games are so different. Bioshock will be a 10 hour game at most. This is easily 50+ hours. I'm about 30 hours in.

I think infinite will be 15 - 20 hours long,not 10.

Dadmage go for infinite, get this from a sale later.

• 3 weeks later...

As much as i am enjoying this game,it's very sad that they force you to start from scratch even after evolving your familiar to it's ultimate form.Just now i've evolved my 1st familiar into it's ultimate form.........It's level 34 to level 1 again.There was a very good attack at level 37 that i could've picked but what's the point?It would certainly take 2 more hours of grind and then i evolve it back to level 1 again.Can't they give ultimate forms atleast a level bonus?I've have 2 more familiars at level 34 but i am afraid to evolve them......It's way better to use dragon and find areas which have already evolved species,fight them and get them.Good thing they start off right from level 20.Eg:Got a turban myth for level 20 with an advanced firewall power while my turburn is at level 22,yet to receive firewall and get eveolved at 34 to turban myth!

Also there is way too much of talking.They could've avoided alot of dialogue.too many 'jeepers' and 'sir'.But it's a 'Flippin' good game i say :D

The voice acting becomes lesser and lesser as the game goes on (unfortunately). But the dialogue itself is meant to appeal to kids as well as adults. The game is trying to be a cartoon after all.

About evolving familiars, yes they do go back to level 1 but you can always put them in another slot and they will gain XP really fast. You don't actually have to grind for 2 hours. Just put them in a secondary slot and play normally. They will gain massive amount of levels in a short time. Have you caught a Dinoceros yet?

EDIT: Flying around the map on the dragon is so, so awesome.

I am at the part where

i turned into a frog

:P Nice change of pace.Agreed,flying is so much fun.My gripe is i've got one familiar capable of evolving in esther's and swaine's party(Drongo and fairy) to their ultimate forms.Other members in their party are around level 20-28,so these guys are the leading ones.Pea just told me that i'll encounter 3 big ones.So i haven't evolved those two. Infact i put oliver's ultimate familiar in another slot and played for an hour outside castle of tears(Got my turban myth their).It reached level 15 which is cool but from there onwards reaching 30 is an uphill journey but thank god this will be the last time.

@Tyler here's another example.I got this big horns which is around Level 30 capable of evolving.Problem is,it has one of the rarest fire moves i've known in the whole game called Slash and burn at level 40.My point is going from level 30 to 40 itself is almost equivalent to reaching level 30.However i think i know the answer,I shall keep it the same way and search for it's evolved form.There are 5 new species in my party capable of evolving(Pondpom,stingray,stranglerfish,Bighorns and an awesome owl which is the only intelligent AI buddy i've),but i now got 3 of their evolved forms at level 20 in seas and grotto cavern.

I would still recommending evolving them. Even with the perk the taming is a hit or miss. It'll take the same amount of time/effort as actually evolving and leveling them. Still I think you're reading too much into it. I am perfectly fine with the familiars I tamed in the first few hours of the game, almost all have metamorphosed to the final form by now (I'm currently doing quests around Yule). The only challenging fights in the game are some of the bosses (and some bounties) but even those are pretty manageable. I have only had like 2 proper game overs in about 35-40 hours.

BTW there's a place called Ugly Duckling island where you'll find creatures called Toko. They give a huge amount of XP and are perfect for power-leveling familiars.

Thanks for the tip.I've just finished Grotto boss.Just one question,How are the dark/ghost types?I've got atleast 3 familiars with an option to evolve into those types as ultimate but all i see evil embrace and petrifying puff,few question marks.Are those types any good?Also are there any legendary creatures in this game like rayquaza,Kyogre(Master ball FTW!) that can be tamed?

Haven't really tried using the dark ones so can't comment on their usefulness. I'm currently rolling with Puss In Boots, Dynamite, Sweetpea Sprite, Iron-Man, Electrongo, Bone Baron and Flouroboros. Almost all started in their base form.

Also as a general rule it's best to give the melee/tank type familiars to Oliver, magical/healing ones to Esther and robots/mechanical to Swaine. The game tells you which familar is most compatible with which part member when you go to the swapping screen.

Oh i see,I did it in the wrong way.I did notice a sign saying 'Favorite genus',but didn't pay much attention to it.My team is mangler fish,springray,pompei,mermite,bighorns,wu-whoo,Turbanmyth,sugarplum sprite and electrongo.I now understand why swaine was using sugarplum sprite way often in fights at ice cave that too melee attack over those sasquashes :loco: .He got owned in every battle inspite of having big horn with firewall and spire of fire attacks.I didn't tame any mechanical ones/robots though.........have tinman,sprog cog and clinkety clunk but i tamed them only for that errand of a research guy.

And make sure the party tactics are set correctly. If you let them do their thing they'll just burn through their mana pool. I always set Esther on "keep everyone healthy" and Swaine on "provide support". It has worked great so far. For easy battles you can just have them "not use powers" to conserve MP.

Also, note that you can use R2/L2 to quickly switch between attack/defend/abilities/provisions. The game doesn't tell you this. It's much better than using the d-pad.

Will do.I never knew the R2/L2 .Swaine is compatible with ghost types so putting the zombie in his party.Is there a way to buy jumbo moondrops/any drops.I just ran out of them and there is a certain party member which needs to evolve in to hooting star.Btw i ran in to a very big and strange creature called Ulk today.It is resistant to every thing i guess,i died in a very short time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived