The Old Cricket Thread

vinitwins

WC T20  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

To be fair,selecting MoM in drawn games is usually difficult.I think the general trend,nowadays,is giving it to the one responsible in turning the defeat in the draw. Not sure if i agree with that,though.

Are you on Tata Sky?Even I was getting similar issues

yes i am

Not getting any problem at all. Its either your TV or your DTH or HDMI cable. You seriously believed any HD channel would broadcast in the condition you described? It looks more like HDMI handshake issue to me.

tata sky problem...i believe

They don't just give man of the match to someone who made the highest number of runs, or took the most wickets. In the 2002 Headingley Test Rahul Dravid was man of the match for scoring 148 (and deservedly so) even though Sachin and Ganguly scored 193 and 126.

Bhuvaneshwar's second fifty didnt hold much value in the context of the match... as the match was already dead when he came to bat.

It was Root and Anderson who saved the game from a desparate situation. Conceding a 150 run lead in the first innings would have been pretty much game over. I thought Root deserved it more but they probably gave it to Anderson because he took a few wickets as well.

Vijay was MOM. India won't have reached the respectable total had he got out cheaply. In 2nd innings also he played well. Anderson was 2nd choice because of that match saving partnership and then 4 wickets on a flat wicket.

Guess he means more cricketing Rights will be given to Sony Six. I don't understand the rant. Star HD has very good quality and I never found any issues.

Was funny to hear Harsha say in post match analysis that England now has a chance to go for a win. Really Harsha. In which universe can India lose the match today on this dead pitch is beyond me. Hoping for a Kohli 50 at least to get back in form.

Sent from my Nexus 4

got close there didnt it? & india has lost many times in similar positions. just recently durban.

What a crap shot by Dhoni. Kyun bc match ko interesting bana rahe ho. FFS someone occupy the Fckn crease.

Kohli should be dropped if he is flopped in next test too. He is out of form and it's showing and might cost us dear at some point.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Epic :lol:

I donno how anything good comes when team loses :lol:

I see lot of people wants the team to lose very often because team picks someone they dont like..

i said that bcoz i hoped that if we lost then that would wake dhoni/selectors up but now i realised that this is the umpteenth time we have let a winning position get away to a loss/draw so nothing is going to change. just in last few years i can think of 5/6 overseas tests that we should've won & would've with a half decent captain

but then maybe it's endemic. Ind A had Aus A at 280/7 & allowed them to get to 423 in the 2nd game going on now. something similar had happened vs SA A

instead of giving them easy singles if msd had brought all but 2 fielders in to stop the single & kept 2 in the deep inviting them to go for the big shots i'm sure we'd have got them out for a lot less than 198

Edited by Chewie

i said that bcoz i hoped that if we lost then that would wake dhoni/selectors up but now i realised that this is the umpteenth time we have let a winning position get away to a loss/draw so nothing is going to change. just in last few years i can think of 5/6 overseas tests that we should've won & would've with a half decent captain

but then maybe it's endemic. Ind A had Aus A at 280/7 & allowed them to get to 423 in the 2nd game going on now. something similar had happened vs SA A

instead of giving them easy singles if msd had brought all but 2 fielders in to stop the single & kept 2 in the deep inviting them to go for the big shots i'm sure we'd have got them out for a lot less than 198

Losing will not change anything, we all know it, and we have to live with it.

So true..

ishant was bowling bouncers at 129 kmph..

Even on the 3rd day , they hardly bowled at anderson..Root was easily able to pick single at the 4th or 5th ball..

Also not giving the ball to Binny was really pathetic..Jaddu was nt threatening at all , yet Dhoni chose to bowl him instead of binny..

How do you know whether he's good or not when you never give him an opportunity..

• AtheK changed the title to The Old Cricket Thread
  • AtheK locked this topic