Street Fighter V

Heaven Angel

As a competent competitive fighting game player, I can guarantee you that story mode is the least of our worries.

Game is not only made for competitive fighting game players,though. A game wouldn't reach even a milion if that was its sole audience.

• Like 1

Sf never has a story mode like tekken right? It's only 1 cinematic for each character in the end of arcade mode and some text in between battles.

It only Arcade mode story. Yea Rival battles and Ending cinematic.

But it has had tons of Manga and Anime.

Is there going to be public beta ?

It is a Public beta , just not an open one. You need to apply and hopefully get in.

But people who got access to PC Beta got extra codes. I already gave mine away , but many Gaffers still have extra codes so you could try there or some other forums.

Edited by Shadoken

Game is not only made for competitive fighting game players,though. A game wouldn't reach even a milion if that was its sole audience.

I think what he is trying to say is Story mode might not bring in that many new players. So it will become a wasted effort.

SSF4 did 5m+ without any story mode or any SP content , just solid MP. Even Smash is some 8m seller without any Story. If SF V lacks even a little in MP it will hurt it MUCH more than having a story mode or not.

That said given that Story mode is not even releasing with the game , I dont think Capcom even focused on it all that much. Probably even outsourced it , with that Sony money. But I am looking forward to it.

SF Characters are really interesting and unique. Its a shame we haven't received a good story mode for these iconic characters.

Street Fighter Alpha 3 was the last time we got good SP content. And it was really good. It even had an RPG world tour mode , where you can customize your character and level up . That was actually fun.

But yea I think Story mode is valuable , one of the reasons to play Harder characters and train is because you are attached to them because of Story,personality..etc. If they were all just bland boring characters there would be no drive.

Edited by Shadoken

I think what he is trying to say is Story mode might not bring in that many new players. So it will become a wasted effort.

SSF4 did 5m+ without any story mode or any SP content , just solid MP. Even Smash is some 8m seller without any Story. If SF V lacks even a little in MP it will hurt it MUCH more than having a story mode or not.

That said given that Story mode is not even releasing with the game , I dont think Capcom even focused on it all that much. Probably even outsourced it , with that Sony money. But I am looking forward to it.

SF Characters are really interesting and unique. Its a shame we haven't received a good story mode for these iconic characters.

Street Fighter Alpha 3 was the last time we got good SP content. And it was really good. It even had an RPG world tour mode , where you can customize your character and level up and sh*t. That was actually fun.

But yea I think Story mode is valuable , one of the reasons to play Harder characters and train is because you are attached to them because of Story,personality..etc. If they were all just bland boring characters there would be no drive.

The point isn't if the story mode will bring a new audience or not. Point is that having a story mode will only improve the overall package. I won't hesitate to buy this game at full price now simply because of the addition of the story mode. If the addition of the story mode was taking away from the balance of the gameplay,i would admit its a bad move. But that doesn't seems to be the case and assuming so ,just because you don't care about the mode,is wrong.

It only Arcade mode story. Yea Rival battles and Ending cinematic.

But it has had tons of Manga and Anime.

I like arcade story mode more than a dedicated story mode like tekken campaigns. Tekken 6 one was especially annoying. Looking at those artworks it looks like they are trying to make a good story mode. Hope it turns out well like blazblue and persona games.