Shadoken

Noticeable only when you're comparing and analysing every short side by side. Game looks mediocre on all platforms as far as graphics are concerned but frame rate is 60 which is good.

2 lakh ka pc hai let him enjoy rofl

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Lighting effects are good but textures nd all are very low resolution on PS4 and Xbone. But atleast it's 60 fps.

PT looked better.

I'm happy with the visuals, it looks realistic enough for me. They've got the whole grimy, dark feel down perfectly.

On the PC I had some issues with shimmering/aliasing around textures while I was using SMAA (you can see that effect in the first two videos I posted). I later switched to FXAA+TAA and set the resolution scaling to 1.5 and that got rid of the jaggies. I might turn down the res scaling though as my 1070 can't hold a locked 60 with that and everything else also maxed. Overall the game looks very good and atmospheric and runs well.

Ha yaar ...visuals were pretty good....it looks pretty realistic plus it keeps that game wala effect too....too relastic and it would feel out of place if you understand what i want to say. It will not feel like game but kinda like a 3D movie ....yeh zodak ka gandh phata hai khelena mein iss liya bahana nikalata hai atleast others accept he points stupid reasons for not have balls to play this.

As someone who would wait outside a door for 20min if I hear creepy sounds from inside the room, contemplating life and thinking about better things to do, length is a non-issue.

Story of my life :P

:lol:

Played the intro demo thingy. Got way too tense. "Get me the f**k out of here" mode activated. Didnt explore any of the house aside from the room I started in and the exit room. Immediately uninstalled after getting the "Bad ending".

#cantscareme.

giphy.gif

Edited by Aftrunner
  • Like 2

Played the intro demo thingy. Got way too tense. "Get me the f**k out of here" mode activated. Didnt explore any of the house aside from the room I started in and the exit room. Immediately uninstalled after getting the "Bad ending".

#cantscareme.

And the demo is actually pretty tame compared to the first hour of the full game.

Played a bit further and I'm really liking it (videos also up on my channel), this is classic Resident Evil folks. Different keys open specific doors, save rooms (complete with soothing music), lining up headshots, it's all here.

Here you go: https://www.youtube.com/user/PsychoBoyTyler

I'm not doing any voiced LPs though, but I will eventually. A game like this means I'd be shouting out expletives every couple of minutes.

BTW, got past the old house (that was terrifying, in the best way possible) and the part after that, just when you thought the worst was over you go to the second floor and your immediate reaction is "nope, I wanna go back down!".

So for those who were concerned about the length of the game. I am now around 8 hours in and I believe I might have another hour and a half to go (judging from how the story is developing). I can see the game being longer if you get stuck with certain sections. Also make sure you do the VHS tapes, I would say only one of the them (the very first one) can be considered 'optional' and only if you've played the demo. I have been taking my time with the game, exploring every nook and cranny and I've still missed plenty of collectibles.

The game also has two endings (at least from what I can tell) and the Madhouse mode is a remixed / harder version of the normal mode. I would definitely like to try that next.

Overall, there is plenty of content here, it's almost on par with the first three games (even longer than those actually). I really think rushing the game in 5-6 hours would be doing it a massive disservice. It is completely possible though if you know the location of items or what exactly to do in every encounter / boss fight and if you are really brave. Some of the sections are so oppressive and intense that you simply won't want to move from where you are.

Another thing most people are worried about is this being a "walking simulator" horror game like Amnesia or Outlast with no way to fight back. You can relax as combat is a big part of the game and very satisfying. There's a lot of exploration, simple puzzles and secrets. Simply put this is the first true "survival horror" game in a long, long time. As some one whose favorite games include Silent Hill 2 and Resident Evil 2, I'm very happy with what we've got. I'm yet to finish the game (pretty close though) but this is certainly a GOTY candidate for me.

Edited by Tyler
  • Like 1

So for those who were concerned about the length of the game. I am now around 8 hours in and I believe I might have another hour and a half to go (judging from how the story is developing). I can see the game being longer if you get stuck with certain sections. Also make sure you do the VHS tapes, I would say only one of the them (the very first one) can be considered 'optional' and only if you've played the demo. I have been taking my time with the game, exploring every nook and cranny and I've still missed plenty of collectibles.

The game also has two endings (at least from what I can tell) and the Madhouse mode is a remixed / harder version of the normal mode. I would definitely like to try that next.

Overall, there is plenty of content here, it's almost on par with the first three games (even longer than those actually). I really think rushing the game in 5-6 hours would be doing it a massive disservice. It is completely possible though if you know the location of items or what exactly to do in every encounter / boss fight and if you are really brave. Some of the sections are so oppressive and intense that you simply won't want to move from where you are.

Another thing most people are worried about is this being a "walking simulator" horror game like Amnesia or Outlast with no way to fight back. You can relax as combat is a big part of the game and very satisfying. There's a lot of exploration, simple puzzles and secrets. Simply put this is the first true "survival horror" game in a long, long time. As some one whose favorite games include Silent Hill 2 and Resident Evil 2, I'm very happy with what we've got. I'm yet to finish the game (pretty close though) but this is certainly a GOTY candidate for me.

Have you played Silent Hill Shattered Memories and Silent Hill Downpour?

Thinking of making a video review myself, only wish I had a better microphone.

@playstation, I think Downpour is the only one I haven't played. Not because it got a lukewarm response but because it came out at a bad time. Also I don't think Homecoming was bad either.

Thinking of making a video review myself, only wish I had a better microphone.

@playstation, I think Downpour is the only one I haven't played. Not because it got a lukewarm response but because it came out at a bad time. Also I don't think Homecoming was bad either.

No Silent hill game was ever bad for me....downpour atmosphere was great but some reason was struggling with gameplay ....Homecoming was really good.