[Question] Getting a PS4 from 'murica.

As the title states, I'm planning on getting a PS4 from the US of A. I'm hoping my friend carries it for me.

Questions:

Are there any precautions I need to take when playing it here? Voltage problems and the like.

Will games purchased in India work on it. As far as I know, the PS4 is region free so, I don't think it'll be an issue.

How big of an improvement is the DS4 over the DS3?

Anything else I should worry about? There were reports of DoA systems. Do I order in advance to make sure?

When is the best time to get it? I believe my friend is coming here sometime in December. I'm most probably getting from amazon.

That's it... I think

Questions:

Are there any precautions I need to take when playing it here? Voltage problems and the like.

- PS4 has universal power supply...Nothing to worry...It will work here without any problem

Will games purchased in India work on it. As far as I know, the PS4 is region free so, I don't think it'll be an issue.

- Yes, PS4 games are region free but DLCs are region locked.

- Huge improvement..I tried DS4 few days ago at a local mall and was super impressed by it..New Dual shock design is just fantastic....It's better than DS3 in every department.

You can find more info about PS4 - PSU here

The power supply is rated at an AC Input of 100-240 volts. This means you can take your game around the world with your trusty PS4 always at your side; just remember to bring your power socket adapters.

https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/PlayStation+4+Teardown/19493

As the title states, I'm planning on getting a PS4 from the US of A. I'm hoping my friend carries it for me.

Questions:

Universal, no need for voltage converter. You can even use PS3 power cable.

They will, just make sure you buy DLC from same region as the game.

Massive, once you use it you wouldn't want to go back to DS3.

Anything else I should worry about? There were reports of DoA systems. Do I order in advance to make sure?

Don't use the bundled HDMI cable, super low quality which will damage PS4's HDMI pins causing blue light of death.

When is the best time to get it? I believe my friend is coming here sometime in December. I'm most probably getting from amazon.

Black Friday sale.

That's it... I think

Questions:

That's it... I think

Just answering about the December timeframe. It's going to be Christmas shopping season in the US. You can either get a great deal on it or it will be out of stock on most major websites. Decide accordingly.

Ok, well, I might actually get it next month. From what I heard, Black Friday sale is around 10% off. Not really worth waiting that long, imo. I'll just let it collect dust till the good stuff comes out. Till then, PS3, ftw.

Thanks a lot, guys. Appreciate it

Question about this DLC thing: All games I buy will be from India except maybe the 1st game. PSN / PS+ ID will be my Indian one. What exactly do you mean by get the DLC from same region?

If you buy the DLC from the US store, the DLC will only work when you log on to the profile which connects to the US store i.e. if you switch to your indian profile you'll get a license error message.

If you buy the DLC from the US store, the DLC will only work when you log on to the profile which connects to the US store i.e. if you switch to your indian profile you'll get a license error message.

So, you're saying it'll connect to the US store by default even if my first login, registration and everything else is done in India? Region set to India, etc. I don't get exactly what you guys are saying, sorry.

So, you're saying it'll connect to the US store by default even if my first login, registration and everything else is done in India? Region set to India, etc. I don't get exactly what you guys are saying, sorry.

i guess he mean to say dlc are region lock to account region from where you purchased

Question about this DLC thing: All games I buy will be from India except maybe the 1st game. PSN / PS+ ID will be my Indian one. What exactly do you mean by get the DLC from same region?

Get the DLC from same region as disc. For example, buying DLC from US PSN for a PAL game won't work. @others, correct me if I am wrong. This was the case with me for PS3.

Er, how? My PS3 is a Russian console, it's what I got when I first turned it on.

...damn you Zodak, this is all your fault.

i mean psn account , not console .you can use multiple account on ps4 of any region .but if you buy dlc from american psn account , you can play only on that account .

i mean psn account , not console .you can use multiple account on ps4 of any region .but if you buy dlc from american psn account , you can play only on that account .

IMO this is not correct. You can play on any other account on that PS4 but you have to activate that ps4 for that account. However, if your game is of different region than that DLC, then it won't work. This is what happened on PS3. Only thing changed now is that you have to activate PS4 on that account so that games, dlcs etc can be shared on other accounts. I am playing games bought on my US psn on my Indian account. Haven't bought any dlc yet as all my games are of pal/Indian region.

IMO this is not correct. You can play on any other account on that PS4 but you have to activate that ps4 for that account. However, if your game is of different region than that DLC, then it won't work. This is what happened on PS3. Only thing changed now is that you have to activate PS4 on that account so that games, dlcs etc can be shared on other accounts. I am playing games bought on my US psn on my Indian account. Haven't bought any dlc yet as all my games are of pal/Indian region.

well i am also not sure how dlc works on ps4 ,coz i have not brought any dlc yet for ps4 , i was just trying quote what hitman meant.

I know we can play any account on ps4 i said before but thought dlc might be locked to account region(correct me if i am wrong) , i know we can play any game of other region if we activate it as primary account on console.

What precautions does my grandfather need to take while bringing it over? What's the duty free limit?

He should bring it unpacked or unsealed. Duty free limit is 35k so you are fine.

Archived