Import charges of a new 3ds xl from play-asia?

Aman27deep

you can check here http://www.dutycalculator.com/new-import-duty-and-tax-calculation/

Not 100% bcoz the officers sometimes don't follow rules and charge what they want to sometimes

Edit- http://www.dutycalculator.com/new-import-duty-and-tax-calculation/saved_calculations/view_details/189741045/,

Thank you so much. That helps.

totally unrelated but wouldn't it make sense to wait for the new 3ds?

Correct I would wait for at least the US one.

Unless I'm mistaken, it *is* the New 3DS XL. PAL/EUROPE region.

Wait for the NTSC new 3DS. PAL games are harder to procure and they cost more (just compare the price of any game's PAL and NTSC copy on Play-Asia). And PAL regions generally tend to get screwed with content compared to NTSC.

I am a fan of the new way of getting games from the store. PAL/NTSC doesn't matter to me. BTW i HATE this region locking and nintendo sucks for implementing it.

Thank you so much. That helps.

Unless I'm mistaken, it *is* the New 3DS XL. PAL/EUROPE region.

I am a fan of the new way of getting games from the store. PAL/NTSC doesn't matter to me. BTW i HATE this region locking and nintendo sucks for implementing it.

My bad, I was unaware that the new 3ds also came in the XL flavour

PAL prices are also higher and they sometimes don't get some content that NTSC regions do. These games start expensive, they stay expensive and over time it'll end up costing a lot more.

If money is no object then you probably shouldn't care what import duties you'll get hit with while procuring the device itself.

PAL prices are also higher and they sometimes don't get some content that NTSC regions do. These games start expensive, they stay expensive and over time it'll end up costing a lot more.

If money is no object then you probably shouldn't care what import duties you'll get hit with while procuring the device itself.

Money is definitely an object but i'm wrapped under the hype of the new 3ds xl :P I'm pretty sure i'll regret it a year from now.

PS - I'll most probably only play/buy one game a year, ie pokemon. I may have grown up, but it's still my favourite series :)

Money is definitely an object but i'm wrapped under the hype of the new 3ds xl :P I'm pretty sure i'll regret it a year from now.

PS - I'll most probably only play/buy one game a year, ie pokemon. I may have grown up, but it's still my favourite series :)

Yea I get that. I'm looking forward to buying the new 3ds too. But I'm not going to spend 23-25k on a PAL one. Will wait a few months until US options become available.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any way to fool them custom people so they won't open the package and just let it go? :P Like using a particular courier, like Fedex or something, or asking play-asia to package the 3DS with either...

Neutral packing (no Play-Asia.com Logo visible)

or

Gift Wrapping

Just curious :)

Edit: I also read somewhere that Fedex charges "exorbitant brokerage" fee or something. What is that all about? I couldn't get a proper answer from google.

Is there any way to fool them custom people so they won't open the package and just let it go? :P Like using a particular courier, like Fedex or something, or asking play-asia to package the 3DS with either...

Neutral packing (no Play-Asia.com Logo visible)

or

Gift Wrapping

Just curious :)

Edit: I also read somewhere that Fedex charges "exorbitant brokerage" fee or something. What is that all about? I couldn't get a proper answer from google.

Genuinely wondering the same. It sucks because i have money ready but am worried about corrupt customs officials.

I won a madkatz black ops 360 controller from singapore about 4 years back. Even though it was something I had won, I had to pay customs of 1,200 on it. I was distraught. I'm sure something similar will happen if I import a 3DS XL from Play-asia.

Archived