Official Wii-U Thread

Monster Hunter is a game that you will either love it or not enjoy it at all. There are no two ways about it. You are better off checking the gameplay on youtube and see if you like it. There is very little story to the game. I myself have not played it but my brother is a big fan of the game. I would say it is more like Dark Souls with a lot of RNG thrown in and much slower. This is no hack n slash - it is a slow paced, laborious game.

Its not like dark souls. Since you played dark souls already there is a chance you wont like this game right away. After playing dark souls you kind of expect everything to be perfect but MH will have lots of grinding, enemies will have ton HP, boss fights last around an hour in higher levels and mostly you will be using same strategies over and over again in that hour long battles.

There wont be much of an exploration which was the best part of dark souls. But there will be lot of varieties of enemies so you kind of feel the game is offering something new at each step.

What makes this kind of game addicting is customization. There are tons of weapons, armor, items and sh*t. You keep on upgrading stuff throughout the game. Better weapons better chance to win, unlike dark souls where you can beat the game with any weapon. If you don't find upgrading and crafting new weapons that entertaining you won't like the game that much.

Basically game will be like craft, fight and craft and fight throughout. :P

Also coop is the best part. At higher levels you need very good teamwork to defet bosses. At this one aspect this beats dark souls. You won't need need team work in dark souls :P

What a sh*t sale...that to during best time of the year... :rant:

Updates on the Nintendo eShop traditionally happen on Thursday. This year, that means that Christmas and new content will coincide, which spurred the company to have a sizable sale for its platforms.

In particular, publisher Ubisoft is sending out some solid discounts. Here are the deals that will go up for Nintendo Wii U:

• Super Mario 3D World – €39.99
  • Assassin’s Creed III – €9.99
  • Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag – €14.99
  • Marvel Avengers: Battle for Earth – €4.99
  • Rabbids Land – €4.99
  • Rayman Legends – €14.99
  • Sports Connection – €4.99
  • Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Blacklist – €9.99
  • ZombiU – €9.99

http://segmentnext.com/2014/12/22/nintendo-euro-eshop-gets-big-christmas-sale-week/

• Just Dance 2015 – €29.99
  • Watch Dogs – €39.99
  • Cloudberry Kingdom – €4.89
  • Child of Light – €4.89
  • Knytt Underground – €4.45
  • Pure Chess – €2.99
  • Rock Zombie – €4.89
  • Scram Kitty and his Buddy on Rails – €4.99
  • Stick it to the Man – €3.99
  • TNT Racers: Nitro Machines Edition – €4.99
  • Toki Tori 2+ – €2.99

What a sh*t sale...that to during best time of the year... :rant:

• Just Dance 2015 – €29.99
  • Watch Dogs – €39.99
  • Cloudberry Kingdom – €4.89
  • Child of Light – €4.89
  • Knytt Underground – €4.45
  • Pure Chess – €2.99
  • Rock Zombie – €4.89
  • Scram Kitty and his Buddy on Rails – €4.99
  • Stick it to the Man – €3.99
  • TNT Racers: Nitro Machines Edition – €4.99
  • Toki Tori 2+ – €2.99

Were you expecting something else..One thing i can tell you about Nintendo is don't expect their first party titles to go cheap..it won't happen for a very long time...

You should play some Vcon games..they'll be cheap..and might as well try some Wii games...they are cheap on Amazon UK...Btw were you able to sort out your club Nintendo issue..?

Yeah I was expecting some first party games to go on sale too. Played Zelda ALBW and Kid Icarus Uprising this year coz of a sale only (both absolutely GOAT games).

Btw I see ZombiU is on sale in EU eshop. I've read that its a pretty good zombie game which makes fun use of the gamepad as well.

ZombiU Is Like an FPS Demon's Souls With Zombies. That's A Great Thing.

Were you expecting something else..One thing i can tell you about Nintendo is don't expect their first party titles to go cheap..it won't happen for a very long time...

You should play some Vcon games..they'll be cheap..and might as well try some Wii games...they are cheap on Amazon UK...Btw were you able to sort out your club Nintendo issue..?

No i wasnt expecting much tbh but this is really not the way to support wii u owners either....

I have not touched the console since the first day.....I hardly get time and whatever i get i have to finish xbox games as i am going to be selling it very soon. Once that is sold i will go back to wii u. Its all packed up and stored for now.

Will definitely post here for you to know of the problem is still there or not. :)

btw i check wii games on amazon uk...few that i wanted was not even available from amazon itself but some third party seller and they are ridiculously priced..I dont know which cheap ones you saw.

FPS nahi aur third person hota ..i would have gone for it.

@waveking, is donkey kong really good...i always wanted to polay it the wii version but it literally choked my pc...ab khali Waheguru kare cheap copy mil jaye shopto yeha kahi bhi....not paying Rs 3k-4k for each game.

No i wasnt expecting much tbh but this is really not the way to support wii u owners either....

I have not touched the console since the first day.....I hardly get time and whatever i get i have to finish xbox games as i am going to be selling it very soon. Once that is sold i will go back to wii u. Its all packed up and stored for now.

Will definitely post here for you to know of the problem is still there or not. :)

btw i check wii games on amazon uk...few that i wanted was not even available from amazon itself but some third party seller and they are ridiculously priced..I dont know which cheap ones you saw.

FPS nahi aur third person hota ..i would have gone for it.

@waveking, is donkey kong really good...i always wanted to polay it the wii version but it literally choked my pc...ab khali Waheguru kare cheap copy mil jaye shopto yeha kahi bhi....not paying Rs 3k-4k for each game.

What games are you looking for...it seems they have increased the price or its a different seller..when i told you about it...SMG 1 and 2 were around £10 each and so was no more heroes around £15...you can check some at game.co.uk as well..they'll have pre-owned copies...you can also check gamestop UK...US outlet doesn't ship..UK might

Honestly saying, first party titles don't get discounts at all for a long time..and its not only for Wii U..its been there since NES days...Super mario 3d land was the launch title for 3DS in 2011 and in just recent time the price has reduced to $35 that too just $5 off...

Donkey Kong is an awesome game..i have its 3DS version...there isn't any difference in both just smaller display and 3D..If you like platformers, u''ll love it..

What games are you looking for...it seems they have increased the price or its a different seller..when i told you about it...SMG 1 and 2 were around £10 each and so was no more heroes around £15...you can check some at game.co.uk as well..they'll have pre-owned copies...you can also check gamestop UK...US outlet doesn't ship..UK might

Honestly saying, first party titles don't get discounts at all for a long time..and its not only for Wii U..its been there since NES days...Super mario 3d land was the launch title for 3DS in 2011 and in just recent time the price has reduced to $35 that too just $5 off...

Donkey Kong is an awesome game..i have its 3DS version...there isn't any difference in both just smaller display and 3D..If you like platformers, u''ll love it..

right now i am looking at twilight princess and wind waker hd version.

As for donkey kong have my eyes n it but if it does not drop further will leave it.

btw just check game.co.uk has download codes as well...i am hoping that if not the retail price atleast downloadable codes wil go cheaper as the time goes by...best part is i see nintendogames dont have huge downloadble size ..worst part is they are tied with just one console instead of an account...which is absolutely stupid.

right now i am looking at twilight princess and wind waker hd version.

As for donkey kong have my eyes n it but if it does not drop further will leave it.

btw just check game.co.uk has download codes as well...i am hoping that if not the retail price atleast downloadable codes wil go cheaper as the time goes by...best part is i see nintendogames dont have huge downloadble size ..worst part is they are tied with just one console instead of an account...which is absolutely stupid.

You must be wishing u had NTSC Wii U...your wouldn't have to sell your copy then...don't want to be a buzzkill but even 1st party digital titles take time to go cheap..but keep looking...

You must be wishing u had NTSC Wii U...your wouldn't have to sell your copy then...don't want to be a buzzkill but even 1st party digital titles take time to go cheap..but keep looking...

Yes Ntsc wii u is always preferable ...i dont regret though going for this pal one though ..now that i have already got it.

THe price i paid for all that i got with this offer is much less ...Dont think i would have got it in any USA deal also. The Holidays are almost gone and i still dont see any deals that come close to the one i got.

Only difference is deluxe and basic wii u . I would say hardly matters 32 gb ..8 gb (easily extendable through cheap ds card or pendrive) .

About First party digital title going cheap..dude i checked game .co.uk new super mario bros. price..retail one was GBP20.....download one was 40GBP. God knows what is wrong with these guys.

Yes Ntsc wii u is always preferable ...i dont regret though going for this pal one though ..now that i have already got it.

THe price i paid for all that i got with this offer is much less ...Dont think i would have got it in any USA deal also. The Holidays are almost gone and i still dont see any deals that come close to the one i got.

Only difference is deluxe and basic wii u . I would say hardly matters 32 gb ..8 gb (easily extendable through cheap ds card or pendrive) .

About First party digital title going cheap..dude i checked game .co.uk new super mario bros. price..retail one was GBP20.....download one was 40GBP. God knows what is wrong with these guys.

That's the cheapest price you can get it for..even in US its around $53...

Archived