EVO 2016 discussion thread

evo-2016-logo-trailer-750.png?zoom=2&res

evo-2016-lineup-stream.jpg

ows_145540025670485.jpg

The biggest fighting game tournament of the year is almost upon us! And with it, it is time to separate the men from the scrubs.

Will SonicFox be dethroned from his high Mortal Kombat perch? Will Daigo Umehara stop Infiltration's reign of terror in SF V (3000+ entrants!) Will ChrisG finally win Marvel at EVO? Will Pink Diamond overthrow Rico Suave to win KI and be the first ever female champ?

Most importantly, will the salt ever end?

Even more importantly, will Shadoken do something worthwhile this year or come up with more creative excuses?

We will find out soon enough. Discuss.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh wow any players who play USFIV on Steam? Always been wanting to break the ice with fighting games but have so far failed (due to less time from my side and no one to play with :( ).

Is there a huge following for EVO and other fighting games among Indian gamers? The only game that I've seen that is moderately popular in India is Tekken 3. I like watching Guilty Gear matches because of how flashy and well done the art style but I understand why it isn't as popular as SF or MK

Sent from my MotoG3-TE using Tapatalk

Oh wow any players who play USFIV on Steam? Always been wanting to break the ice with fighting games but have so far failed (due to less time from my side and no one to play with :( ).

Is there a huge following for EVO and other fighting games among Indian gamers? The only game that I've seen that is moderately popular in India is Tekken 3. I like watching Guilty Gear matches because of how flashy and well done the art style but I understand why it isn't as popular as SF or MK

Sent from my MotoG3-TE using Tapatalk

Look up "Indian FGC" on facebook and join that group. Many people in Delhi play SF , you can go for the local meets and learn.

• 4 weeks later...

Even more importantly, will Shadoken do something worthwhile this year or come up with more creative excuses?

We will find out soon enough. Discuss.

At this point in his fgc career, stealing Ono's Blanka doll is the only thing shadz can do to redeem himself.

• 1 month later...

Damn son over 400k concurrent viewers for SFV in the US

https://pvplive.net/c/evo-2016-street-fighter-finals-averaged-201000-vie

The ESPN ratings were pretty good too , inline with other big eSports games like League and nearly double that of Heroes of the storm showing on ESPN. I wonder how much better it could have been had Capcom not botched the launch. Since Fighters are much easier to follow than MOBAs for casual viewers. But oh well , very good start for the new eSports era of Fighting games.

Also the view from my Seat at the Event , simply amazing to see how big Competitive gaming has become.

NAo88EO.jpg

Archived