Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (2010)

Joy

Dont know about Burnout Paradise..never played it on the PC. NFS HP runs great on my Laptop! Better than the console counterpart..its claimed to be 60 fps on PC compared to console version (30 fps). And of course higher resolution. Except for the AA option..which i dont give a sh*t about since i have my laptop connected to my 50 inch Plasma and it looks gorgeous!!

What are your laptop specs?

OK, for people playing this, how the F do you get the Gold rating on the 'Unlimited Driving Pleasure' level in Oakmont Valley? I tried taking numerous short-cuts provided, also using nitrous to the peak, but can't even cut past the Silver rating. The level has amazing lighting effects. Also I just noticed the rubber-band AI, man this sucks. I'm getting owned in 'Muscle Reflex' level using Camaro SS and 'Sport Car Name Desire' level in Eagle Crest. I saw a couple of cars run into an head-on collision with an on-road vehicle and yet somehow, they magically boost ahead of me in no time. I can literally see them storming across on the map. WTF?

I just noticed the rubber-band AI, man this sucks. I'm getting owned in 'Muscle Reflex' level using Camaro SS and 'Sport Car Name Desire' level in Eagle Crest. I saw a couple of cars run into an head-on collision with an on-road vehicle and yet somehow, they magically boost ahead of me in no time. I can literally see them storming across on the map. WTF?

:blink:

OK, for people playing this, how the F do you get the Gold rating on the 'Unlimited Driving Pleasure' level in Oakmont Valley? I tried taking numerous short-cuts provided, also using nitrous to the peak, but can't even cut past the Silver rating. The level has amazing lighting effects. Also I just noticed the rubber-band AI, man this sucks. I'm getting owned in 'Muscle Reflex' level using Camaro SS and 'Sport Car Name Desire' level in Eagle Crest. I saw a couple of cars run into an head-on collision with an on-road vehicle and yet somehow, they magically boost ahead of me in no time. I can literally see them storming across on the map. WTF?

playing on PC or 360 <_<

playing on PC or 360 <_<

PC. The visuals and frame rates look way better on it.

UPDATE: Got as far as the Silver rating in 'Unlimited Driving Pleasure'. Just need to watch out for the in-coming traffic and cutting corners. I'll get it right the next time.

Ya, the time trials are a real bitch, especially the cop ones coz they penalize you each time you even scrape a wall or hit a traffic vehicle. But the McLaren F1 time trial in the snow is :O I started out going for all Gold but after level 5 or so, it just takes too long. Getting gold in the time trials requires quite a few retries.

Tried some multi-player yesterday. It's quite barebones in terms of options, but the 4 vs 4 Hot Pursuit should be fun with friends. I wish they put the open world to better use by letting the host define a start and end point for a race.

peace

where is the demo?? i checked on both US and India PSN... cant find it :(

Lol , demo is over bro , since it had a online component , it was bound to be removed once the full game released. :P

SP demos stay forever , but not MP.

Ya, I recently deleted a bunch of people from my friends list, so there should be place.

peace

u haven't accepted my request yet u n00b. leme pwn ya.

Sorry :fear:

Will clear out all the people whom i hv never played with n will add u :kisstogether:

add me too. Autolog baby!

the game felt pretty easy to me.

PC. The visuals and frame rates look way better on it.

UPDATE: Got as far as the Silver rating in 'Unlimited Driving Pleasure'. Just need to watch out for the in-coming traffic and cutting corners. I'll get it right the next time.

which car is this event for?

I ended up getting it for the 360 :fear: Sorry guys stupid mistake, almost no plays it on my Live list :cry:

:doh:

that too an EA game which should be largely similar across both. :chair:

Ya, the time trials are a real bitch, especially the cop ones coz they penalize you each time you even scrape a wall or hit a traffic vehicle. But the McLaren F1 time trial in the snow is :O I started out going for all Gold but after level 5 or so, it just takes too long. Getting gold in the time trials requires quite a few retries.

I haven't got the cop ones yet. I constantly keep repeating the ones for which I haven't secured a Gold rating for and this takes multiple retries. The races in Eagle Crest mountain are really annoying. The curves are just insane. The McLaren F1 and Carrera GT level were graphically stunning, especially the latter. I think I secured a Gold on the Pagani Zonda time trial. Driving all these cars feels like driving an aircraft. They are just so blazing fast. But dodging the in-coming tarffic proves to be quite a task at such high speeds.

Archived