Fable - The journey

Madmage

Just when you think Fable possibly couldnt be any more dumber or casual-ified

Also this just in, Bioware guys to train at Lionhead for six months this summer.

between this, crytek's game and the star wars kinect game, i'm looking forward to a whole slew of new youtube videos where we will see that these games play themselves without any need of player input. a couple of common features of all 3 games were that you can just randomly wave your hand and you would attack the enemy without any need for aim or skill, and you would never have to dodge or take evasive action because the enemy would never manage to actually hit you back anyway.

between this, crytek's game and the star wars kinect game, i'm looking forward to a whole slew of new youtube videos where we will see that these games play themselves without any need of player input. a couple of common features of all 3 games were that you can just randomly wave your hand and you would attack the enemy without any need for aim or skill, and you would never have to dodge or take evasive action because the enemy would never manage to actually hit you back anyway.

And at the end of these videos, noobs would go, "Look at me! I'm L33T......no one can touch me in this game."

I thought the Star Wars Kinect things was actually pretty well done. Graphically, could have been tons better, and showing us simple droid chopping was a rather stupid idea, but the fundamental mechanics looked really good. The guy can dash, jump, forward, side and back flip around, chop with a lightsaber and use force powers. That's pretty f**king awesome in my books. I just don't understand why everything else looks so simplistic.

But what's the point if the enemies can't do anything to you? There's absolutely zero challenge only novelty factor... and we all know how long that lasts.

Molyneux: Fable Kinect demo a "horrendous mistake"

Lionhead boss Peter Molyneux has spent E3 clearing up misguided impressions of his Fable: The Journey demo in the Microsoft keynote, and we've recorded a video to help him explain.

The demo showed how you can steer your horse using Kinect to control the reigns, and create magic using spellcasting gestures. It didn't show any open-world exploration, so everybody assumed it was on rails - something Molyneux is keen to clear up, and has had visiting media attest to.

poor peter, you misunderstood genius :giggle:

Archived