Clean install is recommended, you move the game from drive where OS is

Yeah whats I prefer after any major OS upgrade in any platform. But a clean install will lead to fresh installation in some games. I keep in games in a different drive, hence most of the steam games will works from the get go, however some non steam games, Origin games, Uplay games might need fresh installation. Not sure if GTA V will work for not - or do I need to do the fresh installation

I did. Nothing happened to them. Everything remained intact.

(I've actually upgraded from Win 7 => Win 8 => Win 8.1 => Win 10 => Win 10 1511 update and whatever I have from Win 7 install has carried forward).

Roughly July end, 2016

Did you do "clean install" after the upgradation ? BTW

Updated from Windows 7 to 10. It was quite fast and smooth. Only issues were internet not working through Ethernet adapter and GPU driver uninstalled. Both were fixed by using windows 10 drivers for both devices. Disabled loads of BS enabled by M$ as well. Seriously, 90% of new stuff is way too intrusive and disturbing.

Unfortunately, that error occurred again. So I had to do a clean installation of Windows 10. Now that issue is resolved, but the goddamn taskbar is not responding now. :-/

You seem to be having bad luck, but there must be something that you're doing wrong.

Personally, I have had the "opportunity" :P to install Windows 10 twice. Once, I officially upgraded from Windows 8.1 and it worked great. Second, I opted for a fresh and clean install when I upgraded to an SSD.

Both these instances, had ZERO problems with Windows 10.

By the way, I have Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit, and at that point in time, I upgraded officially from Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit. That upgrade lasted for almost a month without any issues.

After getting the SSD, everyone recommended I do a fresh install. Problem was after doing a clean Windows 10 Pro install, it was not activating due to some key problem, and Microsoft Customer Care peeps were being a*s about it, so I just used *ahem* measures to activate Windows 10 Pro. So far so good, all programs and games work PERFECT and upgrades install perfectly too.

About your taskbar issue, I have no idea why it's happening, but maybe there is something that you're doing wrong?

Just saying that from my experience with an Windows 10 so far, it's been flawless, let it be an upgrade from Win 8.1 or a clean/fresh install :)

After getting the SSD, everyone recommended I do a fresh install. Problem was after doing a clean Windows 10 Pro install, it was not activating due to some key problem, and Microsoft Customer Care peeps were being a*s about it, so I just used *ahem* measures to activate Windows 10 Pro. So far so good, all programs and games work PERFECT and upgrades install perfectly too.

If I know correctly, the problem you faced is due to the change of hardware in your system. You have to re-verify your copy by contacting Microsoft. There's no quick fix other than *ahem-ing* I'm afraid. :-/

About your taskbar issue, I have no idea why it's happening, but maybe there is something that you're doing wrong?

I have found a fix for that already. In case anyone wants to know how I resolved it - You just have to create another account and migrate your data to it. I tried a number of solutions found on the internet, but none worked except this. And, I don't have any major complaints about Windows 10. I use it only for basic things so why would I? :P

If I know correctly, the problem you faced is due to the change of hardware in your system. You have to re-verify your copy by contacting Microsoft. There's no quick fix other than *ahem-ing* I'm afraid. :-/

That's what they told me, due to hardware change, but even after giving them my Win 10 key (which I extracted) and the Win 8 key, they were saying I need to install Windows 8 again and upgrade from there. Spent more than an hour banging my head with quite a few of them. I said f**k it and gave up :P

I have found a fix for that already. In case anyone wants to know how I resolved it - You just have to create another account and migrate your data to it. I tried a number of solutions found on the internet, but none worked except this. And, I don't have any major complaints about Windows 10. I use it only for basic things so why would I? :P

Am glad you got it sorted bro :D Happy Gaming :D

By the way, if you ever upgrade to SSD or already have an SSD with an OS on it, lemme know. There are certain tweaks and modifications that you need to do in your OS for a long-lasting SSD, since standard OS protocols are for a regular HDD and actually degrade the life of an SSD if you keep em running :)

That's what they told me, due to hardware change, but even after giving them my Win 10 key (which I extracted) and the Win 8 key, they were saying I need to install Windows 8 again and upgrade from there. Spent more than an hour banging my head with quite a few of them. I said f**k it and gave up :P

By the way, if you ever upgrade to SSD or already have an SSD with an OS on it, lemme know. There are certain tweaks and modifications that you need to do in your OS for a long-lasting SSD, since standard OS protocols are for a regular HDD and actually degrade the life of an SSD if you keep em running :)

Definitely! Thanks! :D

bro whats app me those details.

Will get an ssd soon

ebay has got a 256 ssd for 3k

samsung 830 series