The Android Thread

pArth

@DA

Yeah I am pretty stunned to know that the SGS2 isn't all that inferior when pitted against the GN. Too bad many SGS2 users will jump onto the GN not knowing all that MT posted above.

@avkash

Having used the SGS1 for a year I have to agree with you. As wrong as I sound, videos looked better on the SGS1. The SGS2 somehow doesn't have the color depth of the SGS1. Then again everything else is wayyy better than SGS1. I wouldn't think twice before recommending the SGS1 to someone on a tight budget and looking for a phone for movie watching.

Well if you put it side by side, you can see the differences in screen quality. And why not get the best for the price?

BTW can we play DVDrips directly on SGS 2? Or we can even play 720p/1080p also? As it records and plays videos at 1080p, I dont see how its not possible.

Dvdrips, 720p rips all play just fine. Native support.

Dvdrips, 720p rips all play just fine. Native support.

Yup. It supports DIVX/XVID/MKV files upto 1080p.

:wOOtjumpy: Cant wait for weekend. Let me know if you want to sell the phone on Saturday morning here, else I will go and buy brand new. :wOOtjumpy:

Edited by ambar_hitman

that is what happens when you read a lot into technology

so pen Tile is inferior because -- only because it uses 2 sub-pixels each pixel as compared to the conventional 3 (RGB) per pixel

frankly your eye would not be able to notice this in day today use

not saying that having 3 sub-pixels each pixel is not better but not that it would really matter so much

Pentile displays tend to exhibit a mild greenish/yellowish tint when viewed from the side and a subtler tint when viewing the color white up close (like say the color of a website's background). While it may not be noticeable in daily use, the fact that I know its there carries a possibility of driving me up the wall.

Still, I'd be willing to overlook that for a screen resolution of 1280x800 :wOOtjumpy:

:wOOtjumpy: Cant wait for weekend. Let me know if you want to sell the phone on Saturday morning here, else I will go and buy brand new. :wOOtjumpy:

Why do you want to buy from a large store?? Pune mein koi Alfa jaisi jagah nahi where you get phones for cheap wow or w/o bill??

err, no the videos look better to jiggy because the phones have the same resolution (480x800) and SGS2 has a bigger display

hence SGS1 appears to be the more crisp

the key words are look and appear

Absolutely. I was just about to say that. The extra 0.3 inches of screen size. Then again I'm comfortable with the SGS2 now after having owned it since July.

Why do you want to buy from a large store?? Pune mein koi Alfa jaisi jagah nahi where you get phones for cheap wow or w/o bill??

No idea about such places. Even if there are, I dont think they will sell it for below 27k. And I will be getting the phone at 27.5k. Extra 500 bucks with proper bill and completely sealed is a good deal.

err, no the videos look better to jiggy because the phones have the same resolution (480x800) and SGS2 has a bigger display

hence SGS1 appears to be the more crisp

the key words are look and appear

Err, no. Taklu Unkle prefers the SGS1 because it fits onto his skull cap mount leaving both his hands free to do the nasty with the friendly, neighborhood howler.

No idea about such places. Even if there are, I dont think they will sell it for below 27k. And I will be getting the phone at 27.5k. Extra 500 bucks with proper bill and completely sealed is a good deal.

Makes sense. Go for it :cheers:

Try and snag some freebies too if possible

Err, no. Taklu Unkle prefers the SGS1 because it fits onto his skull cap mount leaving both his hands free to do the nasty with the friendly, neighborhood howler.

that is a totally different angle to it

Edited by avkash