The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Karooo

Anyone? Or has everyone taken an arrow in the knee? :wallbash:

Became the leader of the Companions last night but

had carried just one witch head into the mission. so, can i go back later with a witch head and rid myself of the curse?

else its back to restarting that mission.

5 arrows?! what the hell kinda bow were you using?!whats ur level?

^5 arrows and one shout unlocked? So you are playing side quests only I guess. That means you must have completed many dungeons AND you are missing the wording stones in the dungeons. Quite a shouts are already missed by you then. I suggest you should go to Grey Beards first so that you can unlock the shouts in the dungeons.

Yeah, Playing only side quests and never really used Shouts. I have not advanced in the main quest at all (Still not met the Greybeards or whatever they are called).

Am currently around lvl 38 and used all my points on Sneak, Archery, Smithing (already 100), Enchanting and Speech.

I carry two Daedric Bows (leveled up twice and enchanted). One does additional Fire damage and the other frost damage.

So depending on the dragon I choose the bow and get atleast two shots while sneaking around which reduces the health of the dragon by over 50% easily.

Haven't met any Elder or Ancient dragons so far and they might be tougher. But the dragons, gaints, mammoths are easy kill.

BTW, to upgrade the bow/armor had to wear a ring/necklace that pushes up Smithing by 30% and also had to drink some potion that pushes up Smithing by additional 15%.

Edit- Also enchanted all my armours to do additional Bow damage.

Edited by nameless

Legendary Daedric Armor FTW!

now anyone know where I can find more Daedra Hearts? Need atleast 4 (Got the one in the companions Hall)

I buy it in Whiterun from the woman who sells potions. I think she restocks every 2-3 days.

I loaf around Skyrim, visiting random dungeons and then return to Whiterun every 3-4 Skyrim days and she has one.

I'm not getting pwned actually. Game's ruthless as in- it doesnt prompt. But just mindless sword swinging is getting boring. 1 technique I learnt with shield is that when enemy tries to attack, hit him with the shield instead of just blocking. Hitting him with the shield interrupts his move & you don't lose any health that you would if you had only blocked. No more techniques/cheap tactics? & how to use magika effectively?

Dark Messiah of Might and Magic

^Looks like this one never played a Elder Scrolls game before ? :bigyellowgrin:

If you're referring to his post about 'mindless sword swinging' then yes, the mechanic is mostly the same. But the combat system otherwise is quite different in other Elder Scroll games.

I loaf around Skyrim, visiting random dungeons

You will have to re visit most of the dungeons again, as many of them have shout words, which did nothing for you when you went there, as you didn't do the Grey Beards quest. The sense of unlocking a shout after clearing out a dungeon is good. I suggest you stop loafing around and atleast complete the Grey Beard part of the story so that you can get those words unlocked.

@screwyaurum there is a guy on the college of winterhold called enthir who sells daedra hearts for 862 gold a piece he can be found on the second floor of the students hall, he restocks every 48 hours

You will have to re visit most of the dungeons again, as many of them have shout words, which did nothing for you when you went there, as you didn't do the Grey Beards quest. The sense of unlocking a shout after clearing out a dungeon is good. I suggest you stop loafing around and atleast complete the Grey Beard part of the story so that you can get those words unlocked.

Nope, I don't think we have to redo any of them. The words get unlocked if you visit them even without doing the main quest. I think only some of the dungeons are locked out for specific quests (Eg. One was locked out till I started with the Companion quest). I got about 10-12 of them already and have about 5 dragon souls, just not unlocked them as I am able to one shot almost everybody (Except dragons, giants, mammoths) by sneaking around and using my enchanted daedric bow.