XCOM: Enemy Unknown

SRINI87

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

XCOM: Enemy Unknown Interview

Since XCOM: Enemy Unknown was announcemed back in January, it has quickly shot up our most anticipated list. A reinvention of an old classic, the turn-based strategy title looked hugely promising when we played it last week and we can't wait to see more.

In the meantime, however, we'll just have to console ourselves with this chat with associate producer Pete Murray from Firaxis. Within, we cover everything from the history of the series, to the studio's hopes for their bright new vision of the game. So even if you've never played an X-Com game before, don't worry, we've got your back.

Read More Here!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I played the Demo today at Steam and gameplay wise its mix of Age of Empire (base building,upgrade)+commando(sqaud based combat)+Civilization(turn based combat).. Graphics is not huge, so it will run on old pc easily.. For strategy,RTS lover it will definite buy..

I wanted to try the demo but apparently its like 5GB in size, mostly cutscenes and a tutorial. LOL.

only two missions,,I just can't stop myself from trying the demo,, nerd sense tingling

Sent from Motorola Defy using Tapatalk 2

will download the demo tonight. sadly, this game is going to flop badly. faithful remake of an absolute classic franchise from the studio that makes civilization and it's going to vanish into oblivion. it would be the height of irony if that other xcom shooter ends up selling more than this.

will download the demo tonight. sadly, this game is going to flop badly. faithful remake of an absolute classic franchise from the studio that makes civilization and it's going to vanish into oblivion. it would be the height of irony if that other xcom shooter ends up selling more than this.

in the days of run n gunning shooting , this kind of games will get less attention and sales will be less I guess. Hope they will make the break even,,kudos to Firaxis games and 2k games to make this happen. @spin, remember you suggest me to try the original games long time back when the other FPS version of new game announced ,but the pixalated graphics hold me back to try that game but i was praying if someone make remake the old game. I hope 2k Games has not spend on this like a AAA games .. oops i am wrong " XCOM: Enemy Unknown has been in development since early 2008 and is a "very, very big budget" project with about 50-60 team members ? - wiki

Considering games like Civilization still sales, I hope this game will not be flop for sure.

Let me know how you feel about the game, since you played the original games, let see how it measured upto to old fans

played the demo finally. sadly this game is not for me, or the demo does a really poor job showing it off. first of all, the game has the max payne 3 syndrome of putting in cinematic cutscenes after every move. the tutorial level is completely loaded with them, and even in the normal mission, you will see at least one cutscene of a member of your squad 'cinematically' running into cover at the end of every single turn you make. i wasn't a fan of it in mp3 but here's it's just downright stupid and it really put me off. i was going to quit the demo because of how much this annoyed me but it turned out i was playing the last level anyway. secondly, the strategy seems to be a bit thin. take cover and flank is all there is to it. there is a leveling up system which will let you upgrade your soldiers and research which should hopefully open up the game later on, but it's not present in what they have shown so far. and the last, least important thing is that the production values seem pretty low. cinematics, animation, modeling everything... it kind of reminded me of doom 3 or quake 4 and i think even those games did a better job. it's not the end of the world but it is a bit jarring to see how primitive the game seems to be in terms of production values.

i'm glad they made a demo though. would not have been happy to find out i didn't like the game after spending 1000 bucks on it. maybe i'll get it in a 5-10$ steam sale.

here's a random, out of context, cool story bro screenshot from the demo

2lA9Pl.jpg

Demo has very few missions to showcase the strategy, upgrade and base building aspect of the game.The game has multiplayer, saw yesterday on in IGN, seems to be fun.I like the cinematics, it gives some kind of adrenalin rush to the game, which I feel needed in between as combat is turn based

nope.

one is a failed attempt to resurrect a classic franchise. the other is a successful attempt to troll a classic franchise.

Lol....this one is turn based strategy and the other game is third person shooter

i asked on gaf and they said that you can disable some cutscenes in the options. i was too fried with the demo to even look at the menus before deleting it, so if you still have the demo installed, can you just check out how much it works? don't feel like redownloading 5gb to find out.

i asked on gaf and they said that you can disable some cutscenes in the options. i was too fried with the demo to even look at the menus before deleting it, so if you still have the demo installed, can you just check out how much it works? don't feel like redownloading 5gb to find out.

Will check and let you know.This time I will do the Asian missions.I don't see this game in Indian retail stores pre-order list yet.

Archived